ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 221
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
stumppy 01:22 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
So I'm at the lake got three poles set up just nothing biting . Last year the water level was way down and I was catching left and right but fucking really want catch something. Night fishing is heavily bliss I love it. Just a tad cold.

I can hear owls and coyotes howl.

Not use to posting on my phone.

Here fishy fishy fishy.
Wish I could trade places with you
[Reply]
stumppy 01:23 AM 04-04-2017
So I'm at the lake got three poles set up just nothing biting . Last year the water level was way down and I was catching left and right but fucking really want catch something. Night fishing is heavily bliss I love it. Just a tad cold.

I can hear owls and coyotes howl.

Not use to posting on my phone.

Here fishy fishy fishy.
Which lake are you at ?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:28 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Which lake are you at ?
Lake Wilson. Ks
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:33 AM 04-04-2017
I've never seen water level this high here so I think the fish are just staying warm in deeper waters so it may be a couple weeks yet before shore fishing gets good. But I did hear a splash sounded like a lunker lol.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:43 AM 04-04-2017
I've never seen water level this high here so I think the fish are just staying warm in deeper waters so it may be a couple weeks yet before shore fishing gets good. But I did hear a splash sounded like a lunker lol.
Oh man, I love nights like that on the water. Going to make myself go fishing more this year.
I'd be throwing a top water, maybe a black hula popper, while I am waiting on the other poles to get some action.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:56 AM 04-04-2017
Oh man, I love nights like that on the water. Going to make myself go fishing more this year.
I'd be throwing a top water, maybe a black hula popper, while I am waiting on the other poles to get some action.
Night fishing is my forte. I love it. I switched to nights at work so I thought it be easier but work is a drag lol. I work 6 days rotation and end up working twelve hour shifts fucking exhausting. I had to get out here. Nothing beats this. I decided also make myself go fishing every chance I get.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:06 AM 04-04-2017
Night fishing is my forte. I love it. I switched to nights at work so I thought it be easier but work is a drag lol. I work 6 days rotation and end up working twelve hour shifts fucking exhausting. I had to get out here. Nothing beats this. I decided also make myself go fishing every chance I get.
Best therapy ever !
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:09 AM 04-04-2017
Sweet baby American Jesus. Just caught nice chanel cat
[Reply]
stumppy 02:11 AM 04-04-2017
Sweet baby American Jesus. Just caught nice chanel cat
Hell Yea ! What are you using for bait ?
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:33 AM 04-04-2017
Hell Yea ! What are you using for bait ?
Ha. Kind of a combination. I love using shimp it's perfect on a hook so much less snags. Also tonight liver and crawfish I got a bag of frozen red ones. Also never tried it but hush puppies because I think they would make good dough bait. Had to figure out how to keep them falling apart.

I'm stoked first fish of the year.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:48 AM 04-04-2017
He liked the crawdad but I was lucky cuz I got him to shore and he let go but I had a grip on his body last time that happened a walleye got away from me.

Catching fish never gets old.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:03 AM 04-04-2017
Ha. Kind of a combination. I love using shimp it's perfect on a hook so much less snags. Also tonight liver and crawfish I got a bag of frozen red ones. Also never tried it but hush puppies because I think they would make good dough bait. Had to figure out how to keep them falling apart.

I'm stoked first fish of the year.
Cool, caught my first in the middle of Feb. One bait I'm going to try this year is hotdogs soaked in anise. I've heard from a couple people that it works pretty good.
Take a pack of hotdogs, cut them in to thumb sized chunks. Soak them in the anise in a sealed container for a couple days. Leave them outside in the sun so they get nice and ripe.

Have fun man.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:13 AM 04-04-2017
Cool, caught my first in the middle of Feb. One bait I'm going to try this year is hotdogs soaked in anise. I've heard from a couple people that it works pretty good.
Take a pack of hotdogs, cut them in to thumb sized chunks. Soak them in the anise in a sealed container for a couple days. Leave them outside in the sun so they get nice and ripe.

Have fun man.
Thanks for the tip :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:05 PM 04-04-2017
I came home pretty exhausted but exhilarated non the less just to go out and catch something. I planned another night but I didn't plan on being so cold so long and after retrieving my line out of the lake it was starting to rain and I figured the next thing I'm going catch is pneumonia.

That water was freaking cold. It's still going be a couple weeks before they start active biting anything.

Not happy I came home I already miss the lake but i do need to recoup and later I will have a nice fish to cook to look forward to.

Fuck yeah its good to get out fishing Fuck winter!
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:19 PM 04-04-2017

He was no Daisy no Daisy at all
[Reply]
Page 127 of 221
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 > Last »
Up