ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 140
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
In58men 02:19 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You could have had Ford and a first for the same price. Even if Ford is only 85 percent of Clark, the first more than makes up for that value.
Ford sucks at run defense and he doesn’t fit our new scheme.

Geez, his busted ass is gone and so is his fucked up back.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Some of you are just complete morons.

If nothing else, take solace in the fact that this should mean Hill is in the clear.
I was thinking the opposite - it might mean they know they aren't going to extend or resign Hill - so they have more money to play with.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
he's not 85%. He's 50%. He's a liability against the run. A target.

he's a situational pass rusher in a 4-3. Anything else he's a target.
If that. Ford has always been a one trick pony. Along with being a liability in run.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Ford ****ing sucks at run defense.

Exactly and he’s worthless against a QB who can make quick reads.

He was a one trick pony.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Your first post in this thread
Don't like the compensation. Love the player though.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Just saw the news.

That is the most egregious overpay I've seen in years.

The Chiefs essentially traded Ford, a first and a second for Frank Clark and a second.

And they still have to pay Clark.

Holy shit, Reid's front office arrogance is destroying another team.
:-)

But then again this is the same idiot that would’ve preferred John Pagano to Spags

:-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Presumably with a DE rotation of Speaks, Okafor, and Ogbah, we can keep Clark fresh to continue to rape faces.
Yes please!! Jones and Nandi will continue to rape. Jones and Clark raping during the pass and Nnadi clogging up the holes on run defense. Our line is legit!
[Reply]
Bwana 02:20 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The thing is, yeah, we're paying Clark and Mathieu a lot of money.

They're still YOUNG. This isn't a one year run. We're putting pieces on the board that give us a SEVERAL YEAR window. We didn't sign a bunch of 30 year old guys. We got RID of those guys.

We add a CB and maybe a LB and this is a GREAT defense.
Exactly

Anyone who is butt hurt over this deal, needs to go back and look up where the defense ranked last year. We needed to upgrade the defense to take another run at the Super bowl and we're off to a great start. This defense is going be greatly improved from the embarrassing product that was on the field last year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:21 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I was thinking the opposite - it might mean they know they aren't going to extend or resign Hill - so they have more money to play with.
Terez just said earlier that if the Chiefs want to extend Hill they can. You can always find a way to extend a player
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:21 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I mean as it relates to 2019 and not being released due to his issue
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:21 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brooke Pryor is ****ing awful, all she ever does is write negative shit.
She does like reheated spaghetti, and is incapable of being on time, so she's got that going for her, which is nice...
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:22 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Terez just said earlier that if the Chiefs want to extend Hill they can. You can always find a way to extend a player
which is what i continuously preach on here.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:22 PM 04-23-2019
Think of it like this:

The overwhelming majority of people on CP think Clark Hunt is a complete pussy - beholden to the masses of social justice warriors - who just wants to charge more for parking, protect his brand, and make more money.

Take solace in the fact that if he thought Hill were going to be suspended for the bulk of the season and if he thought the PR brushback would've forced him to release Hill, would he have given the okay for the Clark trade? Does it really sound like Clark Hunt to so aggressively toe the line?

I'm not for a second saying Hill is definitely in the clear. But if the odds were 60/40 before, they have to be 80/20 now. And that's a huge win for the team that we should all be excited about, irrespective of your views on this trade.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:23 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Exactly and he’s worthless against a QB who can make quick reads.

He was a one trick pony.
1/2 trick pony, at best. He needed Chris Jones and a healthy Houston to be effective.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:23 PM 04-23-2019
Just saw the news.

That is the most egregious overpay I've seen in years.

The Chiefs essentially traded Ford, a first and a second for Frank Clark and a second.

And they still have to pay Clark.

Holy shit, Reid's front office arrogance is destroying another team.

I view it as...

Chiefs give:
Dee Ford
1st round (29)

Chiefs get:
Frank Clark
2nd round upgrade in 2020 (49ers pick)
3rd upgrade in 2019 (Seattle vs KC, 9 spots)

Unless you view Clark as a minimal upgrade from Ford, that seems pretty fair to me.

2019 #29 value: 640
2019 # 84 value: 170 (+ 38 from 93)

For sake of the 2020 pick, let’s say the 49ers improve and end up with the 14th pick in round 2: value: 440

If the Chiefs are in the bottom five of round 2 again, you’re looking at value ranging: 292-270 (+150-170)

Let’s keep the numbers round and say they end up gaining 200 draft value points overall. That’s the equivalent of a mid-3rd round pick.

... (edit)
Which means the overall payout in draft pick value equates to basically a mid-2nd
[Reply]
Page 48 of 140
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up