ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone take Melatonin?
Titty Meat 02:05 AM 02-26-2020
I'm starting a new shift next monday starting at 630 am. usually go to bed at 3am and even they it's hard. Was reading about melatonin supposedly it works. I used Benadryl on days I had to be up super early but half the time it didn't work or i'd be groggy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:42 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Did it help?
I think it was, but the lost sleep just wasn't worth it for me.

https://doctormurray.com/tinnitus-ca...p-the-ringing/
[Reply]
Monticore 10:42 AM 02-26-2020
It is supposed to help you fall asleep but doesn't help you from waking up during the night which seems to be my problem lately, there are some non addictive options, Silenor or Lyrica, feel a bit groggy with the Silenor sometimes.

Monti
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:02 AM 02-26-2020
Used to take it quite often. The best way you can take it and pretty much the only way it worked for me is to take it and after you take it make sure you are ready to go to bed and don't do anything that can be distracting such as, looking at your phone, watching tv, rubbing one out, giving Clay a handy, or anything else thatll keep you up. I found that after I took it, if all I did was lay down and try to fall asleep, that I would usually fall asleep in about 15-20 min.

Another thing about Melatonin is that more doesnt equal better sleep. The max you should take is 5 mg, but you should start out by taking .5 mg - 1 mg. Anymore than 5 mg can disrupt your sleep cycle.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:05 AM 02-26-2020
Also I got generic scripts;

Scheduled, even the real good shit Schedule 1 homie. Hit a D Boy up homie.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:23 AM 02-26-2020
I've used it on and off for years. It usually makes me a little groggy in the morning. Never had the bad dream effect, but it usually takes and extra cup of coffee in the AM to clear the cobwebs. I can't do Benadryl, it's like speed on me.
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:24 AM 02-26-2020
5HTP for the win.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:28 AM 02-26-2020
I need about 30 or 40mg for it to work on me.

Taking 10x dosage isn't ever really recommended on anything.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:38 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I think it was, but the lost sleep just wasn't worth it for me.

https://doctormurray.com/tinnitus-ca...p-the-ringing/
I already take the melatonin. Hell, it's worth a try even if it helps a little. I'm sick of these fucking crickets.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:34 PM 02-26-2020
I take Arbonne sleep spray. It’s fucking incredible. I’m out in minutes and never wake up.
[Reply]
hometeam 12:34 PM 02-26-2020
I give my kid melatonin gummies when he is wearing me out and its late.

knocks him out cold.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:40 PM 02-26-2020
If you are starting a new job, and it’s consistently going to be 6:30am shifts, and you haven’t already gotten your body in the habit of waking up early and going to bed early, the first few days will suck, but after a few days your body will get used to the change.

It’s just like how if you are a person who wakes up at 5am for work, these people usually wake up around 6-7am on the weekends regardless if they went to bed a little later because their body is in a repetition of being up early...

Your first day may suck, but if it’s your first day, your day will probably go back quickly and seeing as you will be running on low sleep, be sure to go to bed early, and you can start getting into that habit
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:48 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I take Arbonne sleep spray. It’s ****ing incredible. I’m out in minutes and never wake up.
Is that OTC?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:52 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
If you are starting a new job, and it’s consistently going to be 6:30am shifts, and you haven’t already gotten your body in the habit of waking up early and going to bed early, the first few days will suck, but after a few days your body will get used to the change.

It’s just like how if you are a person who wakes up at 5am for work, these people usually wake up around 6-7am on the weekends regardless if they went to bed a little later because their body is in a repetition of being up early...

Your first day may suck, but if it’s your first day, your day will probably go back quickly and seeing as you will be running on low sleep, be sure to go to bed early, and you can start getting into that habit
That is true to a degree. But in my life I have had a job where I had to be there at 6 a.m. and I never got used to that during the 8 or so months I worked there. And I also had a job where I got switched to 2nd shift for a while and didn't need to show up until 2 p.m.. I never felt so rested in my life, but it sucked ass for having a social life.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:57 PM 02-26-2020
I've used em. They helped, but they're no substitute for training your body to sleep at a certain time.

I've experienced the groggy feeling from Benadryl and NyQuil. They're not designed to help you sleep, they're designed to knock you the fuck out. I wouldn't rely on them unless I was sick and really needed help getting some rest.
[Reply]
RedSea90 01:12 PM 02-26-2020
I usually do 1mg to kind ease the mind but, end up waking up from a deep sleep 2 hours in. I stopped taking it recently because it made me extremely dizzy for more than 4 hours and couldn’t go back to sleep because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up