ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone take Melatonin?
Titty Meat 02:05 AM 02-26-2020
I'm starting a new shift next monday starting at 630 am. usually go to bed at 3am and even they it's hard. Was reading about melatonin supposedly it works. I used Benadryl on days I had to be up super early but half the time it didn't work or i'd be groggy.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:27 AM 02-26-2020
Took it and it didn’t help me sleep, just made me feel like shit the next day
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:28 AM 02-26-2020
I take it when my schedule gets fucked. It’s way better than anything like benedryll or god fucking forbid ambien.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:29 AM 02-26-2020
Although I took one last night and dreamed I was in the super bowl and forgot my uniform. LOL.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:30 AM 02-26-2020
Take some this week and see how it goes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:32 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin:
5mg nightly. It helps me fall asleep but not necessarily stay asleep. I tried 10mg but I often got intense, frightening dreams
Same here. I stopped taking it because of the dreams.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 08:39 AM 02-26-2020
It's the safest of all sleep aids (Johns Hopkins study). The trick is getting the right dosage for you. .5 mg works perfectly for me. Higher doses don't at all (for me). Some people use far higher dosages. I would start low and work your way up, if needed. Also, I wouldn't take for more than a few weeks at a time. It is meant to re-set your biological clock, not to be a substitute for natural sleep. If you have a hard time sleeping, eliminate caffeine, exercise, and don't nap.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:56 AM 02-26-2020
I've dabbled with the 5mg and 10 mg. Made the mistake of getting the quick dissolve... pretty gross

But I tend to take zzquil or the off brand version of that depending on how hard it is for me to fall asleep and I've really never had a nyquil-like hangover where you are groggy all fucking day..

Of course every body reacts differently to this shit
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
It's the safest of all sleep aids (Johns Hopkins study). The trick is getting the right dosage for you. .5 mg works perfectly for me. Higher doses don't at all (for me). Some people use far higher dosages. I would start low and work your way up, if needed. Also, I wouldn't take for more than a few weeks at a time. It is meant to re-set your biological clock, not to be a substitute for natural sleep. If you have a hard time sleeping, eliminate caffeine, exercise, and don't nap.
Eliminate caffeine? What the fuck kinda alien are you?
[Reply]
Pablo 09:47 AM 02-26-2020
I suppose I'm odd because I like the dreams. They're pretty intense, sometimes scary, most of the time they're not for me. It helps me fall asleep but doesn't keep me asleep.

I buy the 5mg Natrol brand at Costco. Usually take one, but two if I'm wired will knock me out. They're strawberry flavored and quick dissolve and taste pretty good, like $7 for 250 of them.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:57 AM 02-26-2020
It's probably the best option for medications. Just be careful. I take it in spray form sometimes.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:06 AM 02-26-2020
Works very well for me. I don't use it all the time, but when I need to get to sleep, I take it and it works well. No hang over effect.

Also, you may want to try L-tryptophan. It's an amino acid that can easily be found at GNC (or similar) or online. It aids in serotonin synthesis so it helps you fall asleep faster and puts you in a generally better mood.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:16 AM 02-26-2020
Before I recognized my sleep apnea, I had quite a bit of trouble sleeping. I tried over the counter Melatonin 3mg (I think). I tried a week at the following doses.

1 pill a night didn't help.
2 pills a night didn't help.
3 pills a night started to help.

However, after about a week I started noticing that I was losing chunks of conscious memory. Like, I would be at the breakfast table and couldn't remember getting there - or not being able to remember anything from the drive to work.

I did not like that and quit.
[Reply]
RickObie 10:38 AM 02-26-2020
I tried it but gave me wacky dreams...Tylenol PM works but you need to hit the caffeine right when you get up to knock off the rust...
[Reply]
Punwit 10:38 AM 02-26-2020
I don't have issues getting or staying asleep but I act out my dreams and often they are violent and profane. Neurologist recommended melatonin so I take two every night. Still yell and act out my dreams. The melatonin does make me drowsy and easy to fall asleep but now if I don't take it I have difficult y falling asleep.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:39 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I read it might not be the best thing if you take an SSRI which I do. Then again they say dont drink while taking an SSRI but I do.
Most of that data is pretty equivocal/early in infancy. They can have synergistic effects, but most people take doses of melatonin that are too large anyway. Three mg should be more than adequate. As always, consult with your doctor or pharmacist before making any changes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up