ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Press Conferences - Why no Microphones for the reporters asking questions?
Dante84 03:24 PM 02-25-2020
It's goddamn 2020 and it's a billion dollar industry.

Press conferences take place all year round, for every team. Multiple times per week.

They never, ever have a microphone for the people asking questions. Fucking kills me. You have to turn your headphones on full blast to where you hear every wheeze Andy makes, and fucking gibberish. Then a random answer.

Shit pisses me off. How has this not been solved? If it's televised, have a fucking microphone.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:26 PM 02-25-2020
This annoys the daylights out of me, too. Something needs to be done, and I will vote for the presidential candidate who offers a viable solution.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 02-25-2020
And then you’d hear the 30 people talking over each other to get their question answered.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:34 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This annoys the daylights out of me, too. Something needs to be done, and I will vote for the presidential candidate who offers a viable solution.
Biden says "Thanks for your business"
[Reply]
DaFace 03:37 PM 02-25-2020
Technically the reporters are the "customers" for press conferences - not us. But I agree that it's obnoxious not to be able to hear the questions.
[Reply]
Jerok 03:59 PM 02-25-2020
The team should have a microphone and a line for questions and you have to donate money to Patrick Mahome's contract to get a good spot in line.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:00 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Biden says "Thanks for your business"
Correction: I'll vote for the candidate who proposes a solution and also does not touch me inappropriately.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:03 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And then you’d hear the 30 people talking over each other to get their question answered.
The answer is, "What are jeopardy clickers attached to the microphones, Alex?"

Or maybe that's the question.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Molitoth 05:07 PM 02-25-2020
I've always thought this, and thought about contacting Mark Donovan claiming I could solve this issue for him for a small fee.
=)
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:30 PM 02-25-2020
I can't believe the snobs haven't come in and said something like "I don't give a fuck about what those fucking dumbasses think!"
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:37 PM 02-25-2020
Yep, I've been barking up that tree for years
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:39 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I can't believe the snobs haven't come in and said something like "I don't give a fuck about what those fucking dumbasses think!"
Some of my favorite dipshit responses I’ll see from people in threads like this:

“Tell us how you really feel.”

“Wow you really take this football hobby of yours seriously, huh.”

“If you don’t like how the NFL does their press conferences, then don’t listen to them. It’s that simple. Does you no good to bitch to everybody else about it.”
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:27 PM 02-25-2020
Another option would be to have our lucky Super Bowl ASL signer, Christine Sun Kim, read the lips of the person asking the question and sign it. Then an ASL reader could transcribe it into closed caption text for us.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:45 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Another option would be to have our lucky Super Bowl ASL signer, Christine Sun Kim, read the lips of the person asking the question and sign it. Then an ASL reader could transcribe it into closed caption text for us.
This is an approved solution!!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:51 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The NFL or The Combine should offer at least 30 hypercardioid lapel mics for media members that want to ask questions at press conferences.

The hypercardioid microphone, due to its design, would not pick up crowd noise or noise from other reporters. The sound truck would have Noise Gates on each mic as well.

IF it was done properly, anyway.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up