ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 45
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:22 PM 02-25-2020
Replace every LB wtf?? Wilson and Hitchens were actually solid last year. We do need to replace Ragland tho. Veach will try and re sign Fuller so that takes care of the CB position.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:23 PM 02-25-2020
We need to get faster and more athletic at LB, no question there, but sometimes it doesn't work out. I'd be all over Patrick Queen but who knows if he makes it there.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:25 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We need to get faster and more athletic at LB, no question there, but sometimes it doesn't work out. I'd be all over Patrick Queen but who knows if he makes it there.
He’s been mocked to the Raiders at 19
[Reply]
Mecca 04:31 PM 02-25-2020

What’s your #NFLDraft Doomsday scenario?

I’ll start: LSU running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire to the @Chiefs. Putting him and Mahomes on the same team would probably violate a couple articles of the Geneva Convention.

You’ll never convince me he’s not one of the 32 best players.

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) February 24, 2020

[Reply]
Frosty 04:32 PM 02-25-2020
This is always going to be an offensive team, without Watkins and Robinson and no pick...if Hill gets hurt like this year, the offense is toast. Travis Kelce and the nobodies aren't gonna move the ball at will with no RB there either.
For the "Mahomes will make any WR look good" people, just look at the Colts game last season. Mahomes was getting killed because he had to hold the ball waiting for the not so good WRs to try to get open and the back up line wasn't good enough to allow him the time. I would rather just keep Sammy at a reduced price but, if not, then I have problem with drafting another stud WR.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:34 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Because he was outperformed by multiple receivers taken after him and was mostly invisible the second half of the season and the playoffs. I don't trust him just yet to step into the #2 role or be the #1 WR if Hill goes down.
Who were the multiple receivers taken after him who outperformed him?

Metcalf
McLauren?
Slaten?
[Reply]
RunKC 04:34 PM 02-25-2020
This is always going to be an offensive team, without Watkins and Robinson and no pick...if Hill gets hurt like this year, the offense is toast. Travis Kelce and the nobodies aren't gonna move the ball at will with no RB there either.

Personally I don't get to caught up in position, draft guys that can play and you'll be fine. Looking at this class Shenault is a top 20 talent that is likely to fall a bit...CB is deep so you can likely come out of the 2nd with a Bryce Hall who I think is a really good scheme fit here or a Cam Dantzler who is very talented.

After that you should be able to pull a solid IOL and a LB out of the mid rounds and be looking pretty good.
Last year was a pretty good WR draft and studs like DK Metcalf and Terry McLaurin we’re available where we would pick. There’s going to be some serious depth in this class.

Sammy is a good player, but don’t forget that we were still putting as good of productivity on offense without him for 6 games in 2018 with Chris Conley. Sammy also didn’t score a TD for the rest of the regular season after the first week this past season.

I’m thinking the best play is getting a hard to find position like LB or very useful needed position like IOL (not sure Andy would do that due to value) with that first pick.

But man if we somehow kept Sammy and got one of these receivers? Holy shit man game over
[Reply]
staylor26 04:38 PM 02-25-2020
Because he was outperformed by multiple receivers taken after him and was mostly invisible the second half of the season and the playoffs. I don't trust him just yet to step into the #2 role or be the #1 WR if Hill goes down.
Holy shit you’re an idiot :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:54 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Replace every LB wtf?? Wilson and Hitchens were actually solid last year. We do need to replace Ragland tho. Veach will try and re sign Fuller so that takes care of the CB position.
Wilson was probably our best LB but he still disappeared. Hitchens needs to go but we can't because there is no cap relief. Ragland was our best run stuffing LB. When he played teams did not run on us. He was not bad in coverage either.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:56 PM 02-25-2020
Others were not the 4th or 5th option in their respective offenses like Hardman was in this offense.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:59 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who were the multiple receivers taken after him who outperformed him?

Metcalf
McLauren?
Slaten?
Yes, precisely

I'm not totally counting Hardman out, but I also personally don't think he can just be handed a larger role. Late in the season he wasn't good for much more than a deep route or gadget play. He still doesn't seem to have the full route tree at his disposal.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:00 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit you’re an idiot :-)
Perhaps

Enlighten me
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:04 PM 02-25-2020
Yes, precisely

I'm not totally counting Hardman out, but I also personally don't think he can just be handed a larger role. Late in the season he wasn't good for much more than a deep route or gadget play. He still doesn't seem to have the full route tree at his disposal.
How was Tyreek year one?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:05 PM 02-25-2020

That's a lot of versatility and brings a real size and toughness to the edge that would compliment Hill and Hardman really well.
Yeah this guy is a stud. Watched him take over the game the last 2 years vs Nebraska
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:13 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
How was Tyreek year one?
Similar at first glance, but he had nearly double the total receptions. Mecole Hardman was a decent deep threat but not much else.

I don't get why people are so defensive of him. I'm just saying he's not proven enough to be trusted without question in a bigger role. We still need competition and depth in case he isn't ready to step up. I felt Hill was ready for bigger and better things after his rookie year. I don't quite have that same level of trust in Hardman yet. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I'd be in favor of hedging our bet at the position by adding another WR high in the draft.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 45
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up