ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 45
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Mecca 02:45 PM 02-25-2020

That's a lot of versatility and brings a real size and toughness to the edge that would compliment Hill and Hardman really well.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:50 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Eh he had a toe problem that he got fixed.
Shoulder injury (torn labrum) his sophomore year and played with a groin injury through last season that limited him plus the turf toe that he had surgery on. It just seemed like every time I watched a Colorado game, they talked up Shenault and then he didn't do shit because he was battling something.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:52 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Shoulder injury (torn labrum) his sophomore year and played with a groin injury through last season that limited him plus the turf toe that he had surgery on. It just seemed like every time I watched a Colorado game, they talked up Shenault and then he didn't do shit because he was battling something.
Well one upside is he is tough as shit and plays through injury. I think the biggest thing he battled was having a shitty QB.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:52 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Former Alabama wide receiver and 2020 NFL draft prospect Jerry Jeudy apologized Tuesday for wearing a Star of David necklace at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Jeudy tweeted "Don't mean no disrespect to the Jewish people! I'm sorry to the people who take my chain offensive!!"

Yeah it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but also what were you thinking, you dumbass
Tons of Jews have hit him up on twitter to say it’s no problem at all, inviting him to Passover dinner etc
[Reply]
Mecca 02:58 PM 02-25-2020

“Offense is offense,” Gettleman says regarding potential scheme changes. “Somebody snaps it, somebody catches it. It’s all just offense.”

— Benjamin Solak (@BenjaminSolak) February 25, 2020

Everyday I am grateful that Dave Gettleman is not our GM.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:06 PM 02-25-2020
Early draft picks are for playmakers and OTs....guards, centers and RB's unless the dude is special don't need to be high picks.

If you take a center in the 1st round dude better be an all pro several times.
We will draft OT next year, not this one. And our priority needs to be keeping Mahomes healthy.

We need to get a run game going more consistently and Johnathan Taylor I feel like fits. I would love Dobbins, but in order for that to work we need some hogs inside.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:09 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
We will draft OT next year, not this one. And our priority needs to be keeping Mahomes healthy.

We need to get a run game going more consistently and Johnathan Taylor I feel like fits. I would love Dobbins, but in order for that to work we need some hogs inside.
Yea the problem though is I'd rather look for good value interior lineman in rounds 3+ than use my playmaking rounds on them when we need WR CB and LBs.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:10 PM 02-25-2020
Pairing a physical guy like Shenault with Hill and Hardman wouldn't be fair to the rest of the NFL. Doubt he's there though, unless being nicked up half the time the last 2 years knocks him down to us.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:11 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Pairing a physical guy like Shenault with Hill and Hardman wouldn't be fair to the rest of the NFL. Doubt he's there though, unless being nicked up half the time the last 2 years knocks him down to us.
There's a good chance he will be because he isn't a blazing speed guy, the NFL is in love with speed now so all the blazers are going to move up, also super deep WR year may push him down as on most lists he's like 5 or 6.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:12 PM 02-25-2020
Someone tell me about Collin Johnson, WR from TX. Everytime a Longhorn game was on, I saw the dude making freaky plays.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:13 PM 02-25-2020
And while we're talking about big WRs, can I throw some love out for Denzel Mims out of Baylor?

He's everything you get with Jefferson (size, catch radius, dangerous in jump ball/high point situations), but he's a little faster and more explosive on intermediate routes and short routes. For a big dude, he creates separation very well on shorter routes (Critical for Reid's offense), probably due to his background in track.

He's likely a second-rounder, might be available at KC's pick. I think it's a best of all worlds situation... you get the big receiver, but it's still a guy you can line up anywhere and have success (though with Hill, Hardman and Kelce around, slot snaps for this WR would presumably be low, anyway).
[Reply]
Toad 03:14 PM 02-25-2020
I think a really interesting story to watch in this draft, and I could be totally wrong here, will be what happens with CeeDee Lamb. There's a bunch of dudes faster than him, he's not super big, as a total receiver Jeudy is going to be ranked higher...

Also OU and the Big 12 in general has had a ton of failures at the WR position, I kind of wonder if he is going to slide a bit because of some of that.
Love to see him drop. He is my pick for rookie impact playmaker.

No, He isn’t fast, but he is biggish at 6’2”. He does need to add some bulk tho.

And his strengths are YAC, good hands and was complimented with great routes.

He has been a big time producer at OU while mostly sharing catches with Hollywood Brown and catching from 3 different QBs...
2017: 46/807 yds 7 TD 17.5 YPC
2018: 65/1158 yds 11 TD 17.8 YPC
2019: 62/1327 yds 14 TD 21.4 YPC
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:22 PM 02-25-2020
There's a good chance he will be because he isn't a blazing speed guy, the NFL is in love with speed now so all the blazers are going to move up, also super deep WR year may push him down as on most lists he's like 5 or 6.
Good Lord...if we could get Shenault (and he stays healthy) and if Hardman continues to improve, who in the hell would defenses cover? Pick your poison. Shenault is incredible in terms of YAC. Tough as hell to bring down. And he's not a total blazer, but it's not like he's not fast. I would pounce if I were Veach and he was available.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:25 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Good Lord...if we could get Shenault (and he stays healthy) and if Hardman continues to improve, who in the hell would defenses cover? Pick your poison. Shenault is incredible in terms of YAC. Tough as hell to bring down. And he's not a total blazer, but it's not like he's not fast. I would pounce if I were Veach and he was available.
On most lists he's behind...
Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs
Higgins

Then depending on the list he's right with Jefferson, Aiyuk, Hamlin and Reagor depending upon the list.

So it's very possible he drops, he's much different than what most teams seem to be looking for though he's 6'2 220 in a time where everyone seems to want the pure blazer.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:29 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Someone tell me about Collin Johnson, WR from TX. Everytime a Longhorn game was on, I saw the dude making freaky plays.
Big boy at 6'6". Don't follow college ball but as you know, in Austin sports talk is about UT 98% of the time so I certainly heard a lot about him. They seemed to struggle more when he was not available and most teams doubled him quite a bit.

The one that I think is interesting from UT and probably available at a lower round though is Devin Duvernay. Smaller guy at 5'11" but seems like a good possession type receiver. Probably mostly a slot guy at the next level.

A fourth-year wide receiver who has played in all 51 games and made 29 starts ... named to the All-Big 12 First Team and was honorable mention as Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year in 2019 … added to the Biletnikoff Award midseason watch list in 2019 … named Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week twice… a three-time Academic All-Big 12 first team selection (2017, 2018, 2019) … also a five-time member of the Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll (fall 2016, spring 2017, fall 2017; spring 2018, spring 2019) ... named to the Academic All-Big 12 Rookie team in 2016-17 … named Big 12 Conference Newcomer of the Week (Oct. 17, 2016) ... was selected to participate in the 2016 Under Armour All-America Game ... also participated in the 2015 Nike “The Opening”. source: https://texassports.com/sports/footb...-duvernay/9151
[Reply]
Page 12 of 45
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up