ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 151
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:40 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
I might have to disagree on the fluidity gap between McCormack and SDS. McCormack may not be a ballet dancer out there, but he has been surprisingly agile given his monster size. Since SDS isn't built for guarding stretch 4s either, McCormack's size works as an advantage even on the perimeter.
Could be. And to be fair I haven’t seen SDS play in 2 years so I may be misremembering:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:47 AM 12-05-2019
Devonte Graham is having a great season so far with the Hornets.

Just set a franchise record with 10 3’s in a game last night. Also, he’s averaging around 19 points, 8 assists, and 4 rebounds per game.

Absolute steal as a second round pick last year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:50 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Just set a franchise record with 10 3’s in a game last night. Also, he’s averaging around 19 points, 8 assists, and 4 rebounds per game.

Yeah. I’m stoked for him. I wish he was on a better team, but the rule changes on physical play really opens up the door for a guy like Graham. And quite frankly guys like Graham are more fun to watch than 90s ball.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I’m stoked for him. I wish he was on a better team, but the rule changes on physical play really opens up the door for a guy like Graham. And quite frankly guys like Graham are more fun to watch than 90s ball.
Agree on all points...except it allows James Harden types to thrive. Which is a downside, at least for me. But its so much more fun to watch free flowing offenses instead of Bill Lambeer or Dennis Rodman mug ppl
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:28 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Agree on all points...except it allows James Harden types to thrive. Which is a downside, at least for me. But its so much more fun to watch free flowing offenses instead of Bill Lambeer or Dennis Rodman mug ppl
I’m not a Harden hater per se. Its not how I’d prefer the game be played but he is a hell of a talent. My issue is more with the officiating of Harden specifically. Somehow or another when he tosses a dude off to the side when he crosses over it isn’t a foul. And they should tag his ass for flopping. I really think officiating most dudes get applied to Harden fixes most of what pisses us off about Harden.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:00 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
The strategy of fouling intentionally won Bob Knight a National Championship in 87. And it certainly helped KU in 2008.

But I agree that fouling a specific player, off the ball, just to put him on the line at the end of the game, should not be an option. But the problem is that there are legitimate off the ball fouls, like grabbing a cutting player when defending an inbounds play, that should put players on the line.

But the officials already can't get verticality or the charge/block calls correct, so changes to the rule book adding another judgement call in tight game situations would undoubtedly just lead to more controversy.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I understand your point. But I would make legitimate off ball fouls the same. Team gets option to take ball out of bounds. The only subjectivity is whether it is off ball or not.
[Reply]
sedated 01:37 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I'm pretty shocked that Graham turned out to be the better pro than Frank Mason.

I'm even more shocked we didn't win the title or at least make the F4 the year we had Mason, Graham, and Josh Jackson.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:01 PM 12-05-2019
I'm pretty shocked that Graham turned out to be the better pro than Frank Mason.

I'm even more shocked we didn't win the title or at least make the F4 the year we had Mason, Graham, and Josh Jackson.
Taller, better passer, better shooter.

Mason much better driving in the paint and craftiness inside of the arc. Something Grahams never figured out.
[Reply]
dtrain 07:27 AM 12-07-2019
Bryce Thompson playing in Norm Stewart Classic on ESPNU. The kid can play.
[Reply]
sedated 10:14 AM 12-07-2019
Taller, better passer, better shooter.

Mason much better driving in the paint and craftiness inside of the arc. Something Grahams never figured out.
Better shooter? FM3 shot 47% from 3 his senior year. He was also the only one who didnt piss down his leg against Oregon in the E8.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 10:55 AM 12-07-2019
Better shooter? FM3 shot 47% from 3 his senior year. He was also the only one who didnt piss down his leg against Oregon in the E8.
Yep. Mason was better. The problem with Graham was his extreme inconsistency. For instance his Sr year he had a 4 game stretch where he shot 12-50 from the field. That’s just awful. He would have huge games then disappear for others. He only scored 11 points against duke in the elite 8 and had 8 vs seton hall in the second round. I never thought he would be consistent in the nba but here we are.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:07 AM 12-07-2019
Graham was the senior leader of a team that went to the FF and only lost to one of the best teams of the past decade. Very good NCAA player. Surprising that he's turning out to be this good a NBA player, but it's not a major shock.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:47 PM 12-07-2019
Oh trust me, I love Mason. Way more than Graham even. Frank Mason is my favorite player of all time but when considering only 3 point shooting I'm going to go with Graham. Quicker release, better looking stroke, he just takes worse shots. Mason was the smarter basketball player while at Kansas. Graham had somewhat of an issue taking bad shots, which led to a lower percentage but it really handicapped him from 2point range morso.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:39 PM 12-07-2019
Oh trust me, I love Mason. Way more than Graham even. Frank Mason is my favorite player of all time but when considering only 3 point shooting I'm going to go with Graham. Quicker release, better looking stroke, he just takes worse shots. Mason was the smarter basketball player while at Kansas. Graham had somewhat of an issue taking bad shots, which led to a lower percentage but it really handicapped him from 2point range morso.
Mason is one of my all time favorites too.

I used to love how he would go body seeking whenever we needed a bucket. Dude would drive right into the paint and draw contact from the other team’s big. And he was money from the free throw line.

Tough as nails.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:43 PM 12-07-2019
My all time Kansas lineup of my favorite players (only from my lifetime-born in 1989).

PG-Frank Mason: tough as hell. Competitor. Smart. Fearless.
SG-Kirk Hinrich: such a smooth player. Seemed to be good at everything. Gritty competitor.
SF-Paul Pierce: my first favorite player.
PF-Nick Collison: probably my favorite player ever. Dude deserved a title. Named my son Collison.
C-Joel Embiid: most gifted player I’ve ever seen at Kansas. Go watch the game at Iowa State. Niang looked completely helpless when trying to defend Embiid.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 151
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up