ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 151
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:34 PM 03-22-2020
Its hard to compare the one and dones with the four year. Embiid was a dominate college player when healthy but injuries really reduced his impact.

But I think their chance of a final four would have been really good if he had been healthy. Just the rim protection aspect alone was huge.

Dotson is super fast and a great college player but I'm not yet convinced about his NBA career. It seems to me he is only good around the rim when he wins the first step. But I don't really see a great finisher against the better shot blockers he would face in the NBA.

And I don't see someone that is going to be great with assists either. Garrett seemed noticeably better feeding Doke than Dotson.

But I will root for all KU players at the next level.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:17 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Its hard to compare the one and dones with the four year. Embiid was a dominate college player when healthy but injuries really reduced his impact.

But I think their chance of a final four would have been really good if he had been healthy. Just the rim protection aspect alone was huge.

Dotson is super fast and a great college player but I'm not yet convinced about his NBA career. It seems to me he is only good around the rim when he wins the first step. But I don't really see a great finisher against the better shot blockers he would face in the NBA.

And I don't see someone that is going to be great with assists either. Garrett seemed noticeably better feeding Doke than Dotson.

But I will root for all KU players at the next level.

End to end and getting the ball up the court with like 22 seconds on the shot clock is what Dotson is going to have to do is be on a team that pushes and pushes. I am not right about lots of players in the nba though,
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:52 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He would be if he stayed 4 years, but I'm sure he won't.

I never agreed with people that said Embiid was some top Kansas Jayhawk, though. He was only at KU one year and sure you could see the improvement but he was no where close to a super important player while at KU. He couldn't have been, he was here 1 year and had injuries.

Frank gave his heart and soul for 4 years and was the Natoinal Player of the Year. I have no doubt, however, Dotson would be as good or better should he stay here 4 years (he won't). He's like a 6-1 version of Frank Mason who is a better finisher at the rim and a little worse shooter.
Embiid was the best NBA prospect I've ever seen come through KU. If I'm picking a big to help me win a college basketball game, though, freshman Embiid certainly isn't #1 on a list of bigs in the Self era.

Dotson would need to develop and shoot a hell of a lot better to be as good as Mason was. Mason shot 47% behind the arc in his senior year, which was pretty incredible considering where he started.
[Reply]
sedated 08:29 AM 03-23-2020
Embiid never had a tournament to potentially dominate and cement a legacy at KU.

Jeff Graves and Tyshawn Taylor are 2 examples of guys that are still beloved by KU fans because of a single tourney run, when their overall careers were somewhere between disappointment and clown show.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:48 AM 03-23-2020
No, Tyshawn was great his whole SR year, and was 1st team conf. And he was a 4-yr starter which hardly describes Gravy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:33 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
No, Tyshawn was great his whole SR year, and was 1st team conf. And he was a 4-yr starter which hardly describes Gravy.
+1
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:39 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Agreed. Tyshawn was great as a freshman, really good as a sophomore, up/down as a junior, and sensational as a senior (particularly the second half of the season).
[Reply]
BWillie 12:24 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Embiid was the best NBA prospect I've ever seen come through KU. If I'm picking a big to help me win a college basketball game, though, freshman Embiid certainly isn't #1 on a list of bigs in the Self era.

Dotson would need to develop and shoot a hell of a lot better to be as good as Mason was. Mason shot 47% behind the arc in his senior year, which was pretty incredible considering where he started.
He was, but Mitch Lightfoot is a more important player for KU in terms of value than Embiid.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:11 PM 03-23-2020
Tyshawn was 9th in win shares among any player who played in the Self era. I think he did just fine.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:12 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He was, but Mitch Lightfoot is a more important player for KU in terms of value than Embiid.
Well that's a bit of an overstatement and remains to be seen, but it certainly could be true in a few more years.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:00 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Embiid never had a tournament to potentially dominate and cement a legacy at KU.

Jeff Graves and Tyshawn Taylor are 2 examples of guys that are still beloved by KU fans because of a single tourney run, when their overall careers were somewhere between disappointment and clown show.
Who loves Graves? I was more embarrassed for fools that got schooled by a fat guy.

Taylor was amazing. Nobody could stay in front of him if it was time to go. and that was back when you could defend.

I still say that free throw rebound in the MU game was as fast as I’ve seen anyone move with the ball. He outran Phil Pressey, who had a lead and didn’t have the ball to the bucket. Goddamn he was fast.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 05:27 PM 03-23-2020
So who wants to take a stab at who’s heading to the draft early and what will our starting lineup look like next season?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:53 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
So who wants to take a stab at who’s heading to the draft early and what will our starting lineup look like next season?
Dotson goes, but everyone else will be back.

Starting lineup:

Garrett
Agbaji
Thompson
Braun
McCormack
[Reply]
sedated 06:51 PM 03-23-2020
Guess my view on Tyshawn differs, dude was a turnover machine and underwhelming compared to expectations until he clicked it on into his senior year (...IMHO).
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:58 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Guess my view on Tyshawn differs, dude was a turnover machine and underwhelming compared to expectations until he clicked it on into his senior year (...IMHO).
He didn’t really have a big role his first 2 years. His junior year there were growing pains as he became the primary point guard.

Then he embarrassed fools when he got it together.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 151
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146 > Last »
Up