ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 151
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:32 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
When has it not?
It was less important when nobody did it. Now most good teams/programs emphasize it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:26 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Both shooting threes and shooting them well is incredibly important in this day and age of basketball, but I'll take actually being good after last year. With De Sousa back in the fold somehow, that's virtually a guarantee once Dotson returns.
De Sousa was as good of a rebounder as anyone in college two seasons ago. Probably even better now. Azubuike and McCormack will also grab plenty. For that matter, Agbaji is a very good rebounding guard.

It won’t be as important to shoot a high percentage as it will be for other teams.

But personally, I think they’ll have solid shooting power with Dotson, Agbaji, McBride, and likely Hampton and Wilson. McBride is a very underrated recruit. Hard to say how many minutes he’ll get as a freshman, but he might be the best shooter on the team.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
De Sousa was as good of a rebounder as anyone in college two seasons ago. Probably even better now. Azubuike and McCormack will also grab plenty. For that matter, Agbaji is a very good rebounding guard.

It won’t be as important to shoot a high percentage as it will be for other teams.

But personally, I think they’ll have solid shooting power with Dotson, Agbaji, McBride, and likely Hampton and Wilson. McBride is a very underrated recruit. Hard to say how many minutes he’ll get as a freshman, but he might be the best shooter on the team.
Everyone who follows this team even casually, can see that we have a possible national championship team if we get a top level true shooter, scorer recruit like Hampton. Everyone, not just here, are super excited that Hampton is coming. But, you guys and others seem to think its a done deal. Why does everyone think its a done deal?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:04 AM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Everyone who follows this team even casually, can see that we have a possible national championship team if we get a top level true shooter, scorer recruit like Hampton. Everyone, not just here, are super excited that Hampton is coming. But, you guys and others seem to think its a done deal. Why does everyone think its a done deal?
I gave my reasons a few posts back. But basically there is a lot of info out there suggesting that it’s between KU and the Australian team. Under Armour is trying to steer him overseas. Memphis was realistically eliminated when they picked up Ellis. Texas Tech was never a serious player.

His announcement will be on ESPN, and he’s not going on ESPN to announce that he’s joining the Sydney Kings.

Plus, Evan Daniels picked KU and he’s basically never wrong. He knows people.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 05-26-2019
His announcement will be on ESPN, and he’s not going on ESPN to announce that he’s joining the Sydney Kings.
If true that's its between us and the Australia team, your theory is sound.:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:49 PM 05-26-2019
I was not excited for last year's team, even when preseason #1. It was very baffling to me why they were preseason #1 but I really think (with the addition of RJ) this team is going to be the best we've seen in sometime. Potential to be the best team since 2008.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 11:43 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I was not excited for last year's team, even when preseason #1. It was very baffling to me why they were preseason #1 but I really think (with the addition of RJ) this team is going to be the best we've seen in sometime. Potential to be the best team since 2008.
RJ is going overseas sadly.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:56 AM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
RJ is going overseas sadly.
Link?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:07 AM 05-28-2019
Decision coming in less than 30 min...

Unfortunately I've seen a few people on twitter saying that ownership of the Australian team have said they have a "big announcement" to make this morning. Hopefully it's fake news.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 06:37 AM 05-28-2019
Well that sucks.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:37 AM 05-28-2019
and now it's official. Going overseas. Says he never wanted to go to school.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:46 AM 05-28-2019
But he would go on to announce the New Zealand Breakers.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:48 AM 05-28-2019
Will be interesting to see what Grimes does now. He's certainly no NBA player. Hard to see much benefit of staying in the draft unless he's dead set on playing in the development league, Europe, or possibly even the league Hampton just joined.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:59 AM 05-28-2019
Perry Ellis played in that league a couple years ago and dominated so...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:30 AM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
But he would go on to announce the New Zealand Breakers.
Kid with no desire to attend classes decides to get paid actual cash to play and develop in semi-pro ball for a year.

Old rules, before Adidas and Nike got popped for paying players, he probably gets a similar amount of cash under the table to play college ball.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 151
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up