ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 490 of 2686
« First < 390440480486487488489490 4914924934945005405909901490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure

I know everyone has become tired of seeing that around here, but sometimes it's the right play.
Those kind of checkdowns are perfectly fine.....when they aren't the only passes that the QB throws.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 09-01-2017
I mean in the rollout play, he's not wrong. It was cool to see but it's tough to play that way in the league very long. He's gotta excel within the structure first. When he does that, plus is able to do this other things, look out
Yea he's right, but he's saying that Mahomes has "NO idea what he's doing". It's as if he's implying that he won't ever be able to learn.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:27 AM 09-01-2017
No in the second photo the guy in the soft spot in the MOF.

Ah. Didn't see the second photo. Yes, with proper timing and going through his reads, he should have delivered it there. That's where the pump was coming in, he must have felt like he missed it.

Still... that shows some progression. At Tech or even earlier, he would have just let that throw rip without accounting for extra defenders in the zone.

It looks like his first read was the outside deep route, progressed back to the middle, hesitated, and tried to make something happen rather than risking a late throw.

That definitely shows where he needs to go in terms of development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea he's right, but he's saying that Mahomes has "NO idea what he's doing". It's as if he's implying that he won't ever be able to learn.
I think he's learning. I don't think he does really have the best grasp yet on the offense which, I don't think surprises anyone.

But at the rate he's learned he'll get it
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ah. Didn't see the second photo. Yes, with proper timing and going through his reads, he should have delivered it there. That's where the pump was coming in, he must have felt like he missed it.

Still... that shows some progression. At Tech or even earlier, he would have just let that throw rip without accounting for extra defenders in the zone.

It looks like his first read was the outside deep route, progressed back to the middle, hesitated, and tried to make something happen rather than risking a late throw.

That definitely shows where he needs to go in terms of development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd imagine it's things like that that Andy wants to see him improve on, which appears he has some to this point. Just takes time
[Reply]
Shag 09:29 AM 09-01-2017
Mahomes on the front page of nfl.com - when was the last time a Chiefs QB got national attention?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:42 AM 09-01-2017
when we gave up 2 second rounders for a mediocre qb

Also, I dont think that middle of the field receiver was open. It would have been a risky play to throw that ball.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:43 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You just advocated that Mahomes ride the BENCH in 2018.

No thank you, sir.

Won't be happening. Anyone with half a brain can see that after last night.
Unfortunately, you don't even have half a brain. At least based on your football takes
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:52 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by tooge:
I've concluded, after reading CP post, that the majority of CP is a bunch of video game playing fantasy football dorks. Mahomes will be good in two years. Alex should be the QB until then. If u don't agree, you are a tool. End of story

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:53 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
when we gave up 2 second rounders for a mediocre qb

Also, I dont think that middle of the field receiver was open. It would have been a risky play to throw that ball.
Yep, it is easy for some complete Dbag on twitter to screen save a shot and use it for his own agenda. Mahomes was On the field- if he thought he could make that throw, he would have.

The Fact is: Mahomes skipped the Alex check down, rolled out to buy time and made a HUGE play. That is not speculation-that is the truth.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 AM 09-01-2017
I mean in the rollout play, he's not wrong. It was cool to see but it's tough to play that way in the league very long. He's gotta excel within the structure first. When he does that, plus is able to do this other things, look out
People are taking the "structure of the offense" comment too far. Watch this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C2YxRYI9Pko

At least 85% of the plays are out of the structure of the offense. Mahomes has this type of ability.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 09:54 AM 09-01-2017
Mahomes's hair sucks! It's like an Afro-mullet. My only criticism...
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:55 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Mahomes on the front page of nfl.com - when was the last time a Chiefs QB got national attention?
Joe Montana on SI.

and the Bono cover on SI when we were riding that undefeated streak.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:56 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:59 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Mahomes's hair sucks! It's like an Afro-mullet. My only criticism...
I like it- gives him a wild man look. If it gets as big as Kape's I will agree with you.

BTW- I wish I still had that much hair. :-)
[Reply]
Page 490 of 2686
« First < 390440480486487488489490 4914924934945005405909901490 > Last »
Up