ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>*** The Definitive Gannon vs. Grbac DEBUNKED Thread ***
htismaqe 01:07 PM 01-02-2014
It's time.

The common urban legend perpetuated amongst Chiefs fans is that we would have won that 1997 playoff game with Rich Gannon because he was clearly so much better than Grbac when in reality, that wasn't at all the case.

Let's start with wins and losses.

Code:
	Wins	Losses	Win %
Grbac	8	2	0.800
Gannon	5	1	0.833
Very similar. Let's look at a sample of passing stats now.

Code:
	Pass TD/Game	INT/Game	Passing YPG	YPA	Rating			
Grbac	1.1		0.6		195		6.2	79.1
Gannon	1.16		0.67		127		6.5	79.8
Again, this cross section points to them being remarkably similar. They ran fewer pass plays with Gannon at the helm so therefore appeared to be slightly more efficient but overall, the offensive output was very similar, regardless of who was under center.

Now, let's look at a couple of key defensive stats, since I think we all agree that the 1997 team was driven largely by the defense. This is where things get interesting.

Code:
	Def YPG	Def TO/Game
Grbac	335.4	1.9
Gannon	254.3	2.5
It's pretty clear what drove the Chiefs winning streak down the stretch - the defense got A LOT better as the season went on. In fact, the defense allowed LESS THAN 300 yards in only 2 of Grbac's starts, whereas that same defense allowed only one team to gain more than 300 yards while Gannon was under center.
[Reply]
Spott 03:56 PM 02-26-2020
I have never rewatched a single part of any playoff loss, and I’m not about to start now.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:54 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
No thanks. Even though we finally won the SB, I'd still rather sandpaper my dick with 40 grit than watch that game again.
I won't say that was the worst day of my life, but it's sure as fuck up there. Just thinking about it pisses me off. It's great that we finally won the Super Bowl, but we could win the next five and I'll still be pissed about that game. That won't ever go away. I guess if I could stick Elway's head in a vice and turn it until his fucking eyeballs popped out and then light him on fire with a can of cooking spray, and then melt their Lombardi down into a toilet seat and sit on it while I shit on his ashes, it might go away.

But that's probably never going to happen.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:58 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I won't say that was the worst day of my life, but it's sure as **** up there. Just thinking about it pisses me off. It's great that we finally won the Super Bowl, but we could win the next five and I'll still be pissed about that game. That won't ever go away. I guess if I could stick Elway's head in a vice and turn it until his ****ing eyeballs popped out and then light him on fire with a can of cooking spray, and then melt their Lombardi down into a toilet seat and sit on it while I shit on his ashes, it might go away.

:-)
[Reply]
seclark 07:02 PM 02-26-2020
Terrible bump
sec
[Reply]
R Clark 07:05 PM 02-26-2020
I won't say that was the worst day of my life, but it's sure as **** up there. Just thinking about it pisses me off. It's great that we finally won the Super Bowl, but we could win the next five and I'll still be pissed about that game. That won't ever go away. I guess if I could stick Elway's head in a vice and turn it until his ****ing eyeballs popped out and then light him on fire with a can of cooking spray, and then melt their Lombardi down into a toilet seat and sit on it while I shit on his ashes, it might go away.

Well thought out ,sounds like a hell of a plan
[Reply]
bobhill 07:17 PM 02-26-2020
Graback didn't go to a superbowl like gannnon
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:20 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
Terrible bump
sec
This franchise has been exorcised of these heartbreaks. It's okay to look back now - because we now what the future has in store for us - and it was very much worth the wait.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:28 PM 02-26-2020

You mellowed during your hiatus from CP.
[Reply]
teedubya 08:39 PM 02-26-2020
I'm fairly sure that Elvis has left the building. Fuck him.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
You mellowed during your hiatus from CP.
Keep in mind, that was written after we won the Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:43 PM 02-26-2020
Gannon was MVP Nuff said.:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:57 AM 02-27-2020
Hai guys let's have a planet watch of ALLLL the Colts playoff losses with full game threads. I mean we won the SB, so all that heartache os gone, right? :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up