ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you agree with the play call that got Mahomes concussed?
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....
[Reply]
nychief 10:42 AM 01-18-2021
A FUCKING OPTION?! No I don't agree... and they better fucking start protecting Pat or we are going to have Steve Young brain on our hands. They learned their lesson with the QB sneaks... fucking learn from this.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:04 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I am not being a hypocrite but whether it's Pat or Josh Allen or Baker I see too many designed run for QBs, guys that are now taking up more and more % of the cap. How many designed runs Brady/Brees ran over the last 20 years?
Are you serious? You do know that Brady can't actually run, right?

And Brees ran in his younger days. Hell, just two years ago we watched him run an option to help secure a win.

People need to wash the sand out of their vags right before kickoff. Start fresh. Take a pill.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:05 AM 01-18-2021
The option should go. Mahomes is too valuable. It's a stupid play call.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:06 AM 01-18-2021
I agree with it.

Mahomes is a football player.

It was a freak kind of incident.

He wasn't knocked into next week...he was choked out...which is weird.
[Reply]
Katie 11:21 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Yes. It's been a great play for them. It was an awkward and dangerous tackle. You shouldn't be able to tackle by the neck.
Exactly.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:25 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The option should go. Mahomes is too valuable. It's a stupid play call.
So no traditional QB sneak, no QB option/roll out plays to help the Chiefs in short yardage situations when their weak interior offensive line gets exposed with the inability to line up and run the ball.

And people will wonder why the Chiefs struggle on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:47 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So no traditional QB sneak, no QB option/roll out plays to help the Chiefs in short yardage situations when their weak interior offensive line gets exposed with the inability to line up and run the ball.

And people will wonder why the Chiefs struggle on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards. :-)
No deep drops either.

Basically these :-) want to re-hire Marty.

Hell, while we're at it, since we are going to go full-on "let's treat the QB like a china doll," we should trade Patrick for Alex asap. Then at least we'd have good reason to treat him like a piece of glass.
[Reply]
philfree 11:50 AM 01-18-2021
I'm surprised there isn't a gif of the play posted in a header. From looking at a video on youtube it looks like he takes a helmet to the top the back of his shoulder just below the neck. But the defender also wraps his arm around his neck and attempts to pull his head off. Why that's not a penalty I don't know. That guy came with intent to injure. Was it the helmet or the arm around the neck that caused the trauma?
[Reply]
philfree 11:54 AM 01-18-2021
They had the pitch man covered so Mahomes had no choice but to keep the ball.
[Reply]
Tom_A_Hawk 11:57 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
They had the pitch man covered so Mahomes had no choice but to keep the ball.
agree...Mahomes could have tried to slide but that doesn't seem his style
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 01-18-2021
Andy needs to make this a rare call and just run the ****ing ball. Hell use Kelce on those designed plays too.

It doesn’t matter whether Patrick was knocked out or choked out, his eyes were glazed and he couldn’t even stand up.

It’s still trauma and it’s still a very bad idea, especially now. Look no further than Luke Keuchly and what a handful of traumatic experiences like that did to him.

Don’t think anyone needs a reminder that Patrick is a half a billion dollar investment, so maybe treat him like one.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:44 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Mahomes did NOT get a concussion!

He got choked out with a sleeper hold and yanked neck. Head never hit ground. Twisted hard like he was at a chiropractor with the arm of the defender across his throat.
:-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:50 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No way I can even try to speak authoritatively on this, but to my eye it reminded me of problems I almost ALWAYS had with my feet in sports.

Whether it was soccer or basketball, I was constantly susceptible to 'tweaking' something in the structure, and then it would be painful but not debilitating.

I'd twist my ankle a bit on a rebound, or bruise my arch or buckle my toe on a kick, and when I was just concentrating on walking around it would hurt like hell, but when I was concentrating on playing, the pain would be suppressed. I don't know if it's a circulation thing or a nerve thing, but if you had time to process the pain, it would be painful, but if you focused on performing the muscle and ligament structures would still be fine.

That's clearly a rosy scenario, based on hope observing from the outside. But I spent years and years as the guy who limped around wincing between plays, then played just fine when the ball was back in play.
:-):-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:57 PM 01-18-2021
Maybe the Chiefs should consider drafting a Taysom Hill gadget-type player who can come in and run QB sneaks or option plays when needed if they are now eliminated from the playbook for Mahomes.

The Chiefs have struggled in short yardage situations this year and those type of plays have helped them.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:13 PM 01-18-2021
Why have Sherman on the roster if we never run behind the fullback? I know this isn't 1995, but still.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up