ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you agree with the play call that got Mahomes concussed?
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 01-17-2021
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....
[Reply]
loochy 06:34 PM 01-17-2021
Yes, it was the right play. We use it all the time and it works.
[Reply]
threebag 06:34 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think you should go fuck yourself and lose your thread starting privileges.
I think you have DeBerg and Dhlphag mixed up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:34 PM 01-17-2021
OP would have hated the 4th down call if it "didn't work."
[Reply]
penguinz 06:37 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Patrick decided to keep the ball.. I have no problem with the play call.. Could have easily happened on any drop back pass..Football players get injured. Just glad it wasn't worse..
And that was the wrong decision. Exactly what I stated. He doesn’t make the wrong decision often but this was a big one.
[Reply]
Cosmos 06:37 PM 01-17-2021
Prefer that call around the goal line, like where points depend on it.

Not so much elsewhere.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:38 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
OP would have hated the 4th down call if it "didn't work."
OP probably is scared to leave his house if there is a chance of a cloud within 100 miles.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:39 PM 01-17-2021
I still can't see where he hit his head on anything. Not the other player. Not the other helmet. Not even the ground.

It was more like a neck-wrenching sleeper hold. He even was sort of gently brought (pried) down, but that's slo-mo.

I mean, his forehead may have hit the ground, its just barely out of frame in the replay. But in real-time it looks like it comes down pretty quickly, but no bounce or anything. I wonder if it was more like a whiplash?

I mean, isn't a concussion caused by your head getting jarred? Its your brain jiggling around in the cerebral fluid? So really, any sudden change in direction or stop in momentum could do it, you don't really have to HIT it on anything?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:39 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
And that was the wrong decision. Exactly what I stated. He doesn’t make the wrong decision often but this was a big one.
Who made the call Bieniemy or Reid
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 06:39 PM 01-17-2021
That play was just thrown out the playbook just like the sneak was.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:41 PM 01-17-2021
Of course. We scored our first TD on the same play call and no one complained then.

Why is this even a question?
[Reply]
penguinz 06:42 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Who made the call Bieniemy or Reid
It doesn’t matter. It was not a bad call. It was a bad decision by Mahomes.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:43 PM 01-17-2021
Remove the freaking Mahomes running plays on 3rd and 4th and short from your playbook unless the damn Super Bowl is on the line! Especially when you are up TWO scores against the damn Browns and dominating the damn game. Mahomes' health is priority #1. Spare me the oh well its football injuries happen BS! Reid is one of the most imaginative play callers ever. We don't need to be running the freaking speed option with our MVP QB. Period. So unnecessary.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:43 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It doesn’t matter. It was not a bad call. It was a bad decision by Mahomes.
That was the call like it was in the SB too
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:43 PM 01-17-2021
They've run the same play hundreds of times, so no, I don't.

I do think as he ages, we'll probably have to cut this kind of stuff out a bit though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:44 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I still can't see where he hit his head on anything. Not the other player. Not the other helmet. Not even the ground.

It was more like a neck-wrenching sleeper hold. He even was sort of gently brought (pried) down, but that's slo-mo.

I mean, his forehead may have hit the ground, its just barely out of frame in the replay. But in real-time it looks like it comes down pretty quickly, but no bounce or anything. I wonder if it was more like a whiplash?

I mean, isn't a concussion caused by your head getting jarred? Its your brain jiggling around in the cerebral fluid? So really, any sudden change in direction or stop in momentum could do it, you don't really have to HIT it on anything?
The concussion came from the whiplash effect IMO (which can and does happen in rear end car accidents for example). You can see his body going the opposite direction of where his neck is getting pulled by the defender and he appears to get knocked immediately after that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up