ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CEH on Sunday
ljmhawk 11:10 AM 01-26-2021
anyone know why he played so little? don’t remember seeing him at all in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:01 PM 01-26-2021
Darrel the barrel > Astroclyde
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:03 PM 01-26-2021
Nobody knew players were going opt out of a season do to covid that's not on Brett Veach
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:05 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Nobody knew players were going opt out of a season do to covid that's not on Brett Veach
Per CP Veach probably should’ve predicted covid would’ve came
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:11 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The best QB of all time is a 6th rounder.

Outliers are outliers.
So, the two current best players at TE are...outliers? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Who comprises the actual data set if those are the outliers?

Which of these NFL-Leading TEs were drafted in the first round?

Kelce
Waller
Gesicki
Andrews
Thomas
Kittle
Gronkowski
Shultz
Henry
Tonyan
Goedert
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:21 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I'm an offensive line homer, and while the Chiefs have been good at plugging an playing along the offensive line, I don't think it's accurate to say they have outstanding at finding and developing O-Line talent.

There is not one Chiefs offense lineman besides Fisher (who went first overall in the draft) that anyone here would feel comfortable giving a second contract to. They are serviceable, then typically over paid on the free market, then exposed for their lack of talent.

The best two offensive linemen to roll through KC have been center, Hudson and Morse. Both those guys were 2nd round picks. Hudson is the one guy I hated to see go. Dude was and is a stud, but Oakland paid top dollar for him. Morse had injury and concussion issues, and nobody her would want to pay him what he got in Buffalo either.

LDT is a decent fine, and we all bitched to the deal we gave him. He's alright, but nobody thinks he's worth another deal. He's okay at best, but struggled last season.

So if you think guys like LDT, Zach Fulton, Jeff Allen, and Asamoah are the epitome of "outstanding" talent along the offensive live, God help you.

The Chiefs need to stop being low rent on the offensive line. It's worked because we had Fisher and somehow got a steal in Schwartz. With those guys gone, we need to reinvest. I don't know what it is about this place, but we need to draft DEs every ****ing year in the first round, but if someone wants to spend a second round pick on a offensive lineman you are crazy or something.
The Chiefs, LITERALLY, spent a third-rounder on the O-Line. I know that's not the second round as you'd prefer, but it certainly seems in line with the spirit.

Which guy did you want instead of CEH? Ruiz? Cushenberry? Those were the names bandied about the most on here.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
So, the two current best players at TE are...outliers? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Who comprises the actual data set if those are the outliers?

Which of these NFL-Leading TEs were drafted in the first round?

Kelce
Waller
Gesicki
Andrews
Thomas
Kittle
Gronkowski
Shultz
Henry
Tonyan
Goedert
What position is easier to find outside of early rounds of the draft, a RB or a TE?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:24 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
What position is easier to find outside of early rounds of the draft, a RB or a TE?
It looks like you can find both outside the first, which was my point.

I'm curious why you didn't answer my question, though.
[Reply]
TRR 03:25 PM 01-26-2021
Loved the strategy to start CEH against Buffalo, and keep DW fresh for the second half. CEH ripped the Bills for 160 yards earlier in the season. You can bet he was a focus early on. Williams is that battering ram/downhill type that works so well late in games...and especially late in the season.

Reid has carved out a 1/2 dozen run plays for DW that highlights what he does best. Downhill, one cut and go, defined hole with a little RPO action to hold the opposing D a half step.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:28 PM 01-26-2021
The couple of times this season the Chiefs featured CEH as the primary focus of the offensive game plan he fucking killed it.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:31 PM 01-26-2021
Not bothered about him for the Super Bowl, looking forward to him having a big impact next season when he is fully fit.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:33 PM 01-26-2021
We really would have been fucked not drafting CEH since Damian Williams opted out for the season

CEH is a big part why we went 14-2.

Going to the fucking Super Bowl

Was it Clyde's fault for doing the splits and getting injured??? Fucking injuries happen to the best of them . He just came back from a fucking injury but let's throw Veach under the bus for drafting a dynamic running back with our 32nd pick.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:35 PM 01-26-2021
I kind of wanted to fact check myself regarding perceptions of Clyde's performance this year, so I pulled a few key stats for our leading RBs (plus Darrel this year just for fun) over the years. There's not a clear answer to the debate or anything, but here it is just in case anyone else cares:

Obviously OL quality makes a big difference here, so it's probably not fair to compare them all directly, but it's just not obvious to me that Clyde has been much better than our typical starting RB.

Again, it is what it is, and I'm not all that concerned about it. I think we'll always wonder about it a bit, though, unless he has a breakout year like Kareem or Jamaal did.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:35 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
That's not the point I'm making.

I think you still draft a RB, just not at 32.
And you would be wrong
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:38 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I kind of wanted to fact check myself regarding perceptions of Clyde's performance this year, so I pulled a few key stats for our leading RBs (plus Darrel this year just for fun) over the years. There's not a clear answer to the debate or anything, but here it is just in case anyone else cares:

Obviously OL quality makes a big difference here, so it's probably not fair to compare them all directly, but it's just not obvious to me that Clyde has been much better than our typical starting RB.

Again, it is what it is, and I'm not all that concerned about it. I think we'll always wonder about it a bit, though, unless he has a breakout year like Kareem or Jamaal did.
His performance as a receiving option wasn't quite what I was expecting but some of that could be chalked up to the COVID FUBARed off season.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:40 PM 01-26-2021
By the way, I think the clear answer here is that we need to draft guys with six-character first names with a repeated letter in the 4 and 5 spots.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up