ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CEH on Sunday
ljmhawk 11:10 AM 01-26-2021
anyone know why he played so little? don’t remember seeing him at all in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Well you start two, and Niang (who didn't play this year and had little to no contact with the team) is a HUGE question mark. No matter how you slice it, you need a starter. I'm not going to buy this Remmers at LT BS because if he goes down then what? Chiefs are too good of a team to go into the season with Remmers and a bunch of question marks.

At this point I'd just move on from both Fisher and Schwartz, the next shoe to drop will be if Veach spends money in free agency and if so, on what position.
The Chiefs have been outstanding at finding and developing O-Line talent. Hell, Wylie's play on a bum wheel at T on Sunday was pretty awesome. If the Chiefs like someone in rd 1 at tackle, have at it. If there's a UDFA guy from Fort Hayes State that Beach/Andy likes, let's take him. I have full confidence in their ability to get their guys.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:21 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Uh, no, they can't to the level of RB's.

Clyde is a fine player. Good solid RB. You can find those in every draft. Every year in the mid rounds.
Wharton, Sneed, Gay, from last season alone.

I think you're going to be quite disappointed when you see how many of KC's starters across the board weren't first-round draft picks.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 02:23 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by blueprint_one:
PFF has Clyde graded 75 for the season. I personally thought we should have drafted an O-linemen last year even tho it's not a glamorous pick.
A PFF reference and an O-line pick in the first. Congrats, you suck.
[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wharton, Sneed, Gay, from last season alone.

I think you're going to be quite disappointed when you see how many of KC's starters across the board weren't first-round draft picks.
Yes and we can all agree thats not really normal, no?

Gay didn't do anything this year. I dont' think I'd tout him as anything quite yet.

Running backs are fungible. You can find good ones every year, in the mid to late rounds or UDFA. It's a waste of resources to take one in the first round.
[Reply]
O.city 02:27 PM 01-26-2021
The best rookie running back this season was an UDFA.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM 01-26-2021
Yes and we can all agree thats not really normal, no?

Gay didn't do anything this year. I dont' think I'd tout him as anything quite yet.

Running backs are fungible. You can find good ones every year, in the mid to late rounds or UDFA. It's a waste of resources to take one in the first round.
Not normal? I have no idea what you mean. I agree that good backs can be found anywhere in the draft. Most other positions can as well, although QB and Edge are more difficult.

If Veach/Reid wanted a RB in the first, why in the world wouldn't they take him? It's not like Gay won't be there in the 2nd and Sneed won't be there in the 4th.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:29 PM 01-26-2021
The best rookie running back this season was an UDFA.
The best TEs were 3rd and 5th rounders.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:30 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
A PFF reference and an O-line pick in the first. Congrats, you suck.
It's a troll,mult,bandwagoner they'll go to Arrowhead Pride to set up shop once they wash out here
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 01-26-2021
Not normal? I have no idea what you mean. I agree that good backs can be found anywhere in the draft. Most other positions can as well, although QB and Edge are more difficult.

If Veach/Reid wanted a RB in the first, why in the world wouldn't they take him? It's not like Gay won't be there in the 2nd and Sneed won't be there in the 4th.
It's not normal to have an UDFA DL make any kind of an impact his rookie year. It's not abnormal for a RB to do it.

Most other positions aren't as easy to find as a running back, therefor you shouldn't spend alot of resources on RB"s when you can find them easily.
[Reply]
O.city 02:34 PM 01-26-2021
The best TEs were 3rd and 5th rounders.
The best QB of all time is a 6th rounder.

Outliers are outliers.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:35 PM 01-26-2021
When I get home tonight after work I'm going go through this thread and negative rep anyone who questions Patrick Mahomes II wanting Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:39 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
When I get home tonight after work I'm going go through this thread and negative rep anyone who questions Patrick Mahomes II wanting Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
PMII is not gay
[Reply]
DaFace 02:40 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Well hell, just fire Veach if all we have to do is do what Mahomes wants.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:52 PM 01-26-2021
The Chiefs have been outstanding at finding and developing O-Line talent. Hell, Wylie's play on a bum wheel at T on Sunday was pretty awesome. If the Chiefs like someone in rd 1 at tackle, have at it. If there's a UDFA guy from Fort Hayes State that Beach/Andy likes, let's take him. I have full confidence in their ability to get their guys.
I'm an offensive line homer, and while the Chiefs have been good at plugging an playing along the offensive line, I don't think it's accurate to say they have outstanding at finding and developing O-Line talent.

There is not one Chiefs offense lineman besides Fisher (who went first overall in the draft) that anyone here would feel comfortable giving a second contract to. They are serviceable, then typically over paid on the free market, then exposed for their lack of talent.

The best two offensive linemen to roll through KC have been center, Hudson and Morse. Both those guys were 2nd round picks. Hudson is the one guy I hated to see go. Dude was and is a stud, but Oakland paid top dollar for him. Morse had injury and concussion issues, and nobody her would want to pay him what he got in Buffalo either.

LDT is a decent fine, and we all bitched to the deal we gave him. He's alright, but nobody thinks he's worth another deal. He's okay at best, but struggled last season.

So if you think guys like LDT, Zach Fulton, Jeff Allen, and Asamoah are the epitome of "outstanding" talent along the offensive live, God help you.

The Chiefs need to stop being low rent on the offensive line. It's worked because we had Fisher and somehow got a steal in Schwartz. With those guys gone, we need to reinvest. I don't know what it is about this place, but we need to draft DEs every fucking year in the first round, but if someone wants to spend a second round pick on a offensive lineman you are crazy or something.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:00 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well hell, just fire Veach if all we have to do is do what Mahomes wants.
That's not my point. Veach trusted his Super Bowl MVP and trust goes a long ways in negotiating contracts like he did with Patrick Mahomes II. That's the bigger picture.

Patrick Mahomes II used that trust to trust Veach
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up