ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CEH on Sunday
ljmhawk 11:10 AM 01-26-2021
anyone know why he played so little? don’t remember seeing him at all in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:50 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
My take is that Darrell is clearly the third down back more for his pass protection then anything and gets to the hole quicker then any of there other backs. Though lacks the side to side quickness of CEH.

They were not getting anything out of the run game. CEH was hit pretty good on one pass attempt. Darrell was helping the pass game. So he took over. The last couple drives his speed to the hole helps. Only looking for 3-4 yards on 1st down. Keeps us ahead of the chains in running out the clock.

We may need Darrell to play more in the Super Bowl to help our fill in left tackle. We certainly do not want to keep Kelce in to block.
Yeah, that won't happen. Of course, I don't expect much more than a chip from the back, either, unless we're expecting some blitzes. Having the back available underneath is going to be invaluable.
[Reply]
O.city 12:53 PM 01-26-2021
And this is why drafting a RB in teh first is tough.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:55 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by blueprint_one:
The unfortunate reality is that expectations of something to the extent of a Darren Sproles or better were quickly shot down after half the season.
I doubt you meant Sproles. Brian Westbrook is the former Eagles back you might've been thinking of as that is who Reid himself compared CEH too.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:20 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Williams looked better
Williams is our best back right now. Running hard and getting tough yards.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:24 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
An injury? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:31 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yep. I like Clyde. I'm glad he's here. But I'm not 100% convinced that we were better off with him rather than an upgrade at a different position group. Oh well.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:35 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
With Darrel’s emergence (esp now he’s catching passes) and Damien’s probable return next year, I could see CEH being 3rd string.
Lulz
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:37 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yep. I like Clyde. I'm glad he's here. But I'm not 100% convinced that we were better off with him rather than an upgrade at a different position group. Oh well.
We would be down to Williams, Bell and Thompson. That would be rough.
[Reply]
blueprint_one 01:37 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I doubt you meant Sproles. Brian Westbrook is the former Eagles back you might've been thinking of as that is who Reid himself compared CEH too.
Yeah Westbrook but Sproles came to mind - I do not know why.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:49 PM 01-26-2021
I don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of CEH. He's pretty good now, but I think he'll be great once he gets more experience (and a non-injured o-line).
[Reply]
BossChief 01:49 PM 01-26-2021
Even with 20/20 vision, I’m not sure we would have been better off with anyone picked after CEH with the possible exception of Brock Claypool.

I also think CEH would have provided more impact if the OL was at full strength.

LDT
Niang
Schwartz

Add those 3 to our OL and it’s one of the best lines in the league.
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
An injury? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
Because there are Darrel Williams available every year. Everywhere. RB's are a dime a dozen and can be found in the late rounds every year. Or UDFA.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:56 PM 01-26-2021
Agree.

I love CEH, but thought drafting him at 32 was a complete luxury. And I find it odd that all the draft experts here who say we can't draft an offensive lineman at the end of the first round all seemed giddy drafting a running back last year.

Look, I trust Veach to do what's right, but with a pretty decent talent group at OT, it just seems like it makes a ton of sense to look that way considering the status of both out tackles.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:57 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Will LeVeon’s Bells be available for Super Bowl?
Has Bell reached 100 yards for the year?
[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Even with 20/20 vision, I’m not sure we would have been better off with anyone picked after CEH with the possible exception of Brock Claypool.

I also think CEH would have provided more impact if the OL was at full strength.

LDT
Niang
Schwartz

Add those 3 to our OL and it’s one of the best lines in the league.
Antoine Winfield wouldn't look to bad in KC. Or Tee Higgins.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up