ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CEH on Sunday
ljmhawk 11:10 AM 01-26-2021
anyone know why he played so little? don’t remember seeing him at all in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:20 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by blueprint_one:
The unfortunate reality is that expectations of something to the extent of a Darren Sproles or better were quickly shot down after half the season.

13 games for 803 yards. He got injured in week 15 but his stats were trending down even before that. That's a major concern going forward.
Darren Sproles had 50 yards his first season.

In fact here's his first six seasons...

CEH was the #4 rookie rushing leader despite playing only 13 games.

you are a clown
[Reply]
DaFace 12:20 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
He hadn’t gotten live reps since the Saints game. Williams was more “warmed up”

Starting Darrel was the right decision
Technically CEH started. They just only gave him maybe two drives before Darrel took over.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:21 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
With Darrel’s emergence (esp now he’s catching passes) and Damien’s probable return next year, I could see CEH being 3rd string.
Holy shit. You are worthless at literally everything.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:22 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by blueprint_one:
The unfortunate reality is that expectations of something to the extent of a Darren Sproles or better were quickly shot down after half the season.

13 games for 803 yards. He got injured in week 15 but his stats were trending down even before that. That's a major concern going forward.
HE"S A GODDAMN ROOKIE DUMB MOTHER FUCKER

Also long season compared to college. He is little but packs a punch.

FUcking A he is going have a hell of a game against the Tampa Bay Tampons
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:24 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
HE"S A GODDAMN ROOKIE DUMB MOTHER FUCKER

Also long season compared to college. He is little but packs a punch.

FUcking A he is going have a hell of a game against the Tampa Bay Tampons
Look at the join date he's either trolling or is a bandwagoner
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:25 PM 01-26-2021
Darrel Williams looks like a completely different running back in late 2020 versus 2019 and the first half of the 2020 season.

For the first 27 games of his career, he looked tentative, unsure and slow, kind of like a 4.72 version of Knile Davis. His instincts were often wrong and while he showed some ability, he had the look of a guy that just couldn't put it together.

But somewhere around mid-season 2020, that all faded away. He started running with attitude and power. His cuts were more decisive and he began seeing the holes better. Instead of trying to wiggle through hole, he began bursting through holes, like a man on a mission. His hands were always soft but suddenly, Patrick began trusting him more and more, making him even more effective.

I know that most of you guys don't follow the coaching staff but I think Williams emergence this year, along with a greatly improved Darwin Award Williams, who also showed some growth over the latter part of the season, are all due to Deland McCullough, who was seen as one of the best, if not the best, running back coaches in all of college football.

McCullough doesn't have the huge personality of EB but he's definitely a great coach that also has a bright future with the Chiefs. I think he's coached up purpose and confidence in Darrel Williams and now, the sky's the limit for him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:26 PM 01-26-2021
Imagine having a regular off season with OTAs and shit and a healthy O-line we have not had all season. This offensive line needs a doctor.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:28 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:

The what?
[Reply]
Azide22 12:29 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Williams looked better
I'm really happy for Darrel. He missed last year's SB, and I didn't get the impression it was because he was really needing to be out for injury at that point, but rather more of a numbers game. (NOTE: I don't even have a clue why I think that, just a vague memory)

He is a great team guy, and is a one-cut north/south guy with power and decent hands.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:30 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
CEH had 1100 scrimmage yards in 13 games

Sproles never reached even 1000 scrimmage yards in a season until his 7th year in the NFL
And what makes his numbers even more impressive is the fact that both Kelce and Hill had 1,400 yards or more from scrimmage.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:33 PM 01-26-2021
He's also faster than I thought.

Some guy on twitter mentioned his 4.7 speed and Darrell corrected him that he ran a 4.5. There's some draft profile that lists him at 4.72 but I don't think he actually ran the 40 at the combine. He doesn't accelerate like CEH but he's way better than I thought he'd be.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:34 PM 01-26-2021
1. Keep playing the hot hand. Reid has a tendency to lean towards this theory.

2. If you get up in the game and don't really need the guy, why not rest him?

I'm sure CEH will have a much larger role in the game plan in a couple wks.
[Reply]
Shields68 12:36 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Azide22:
I'm really happy for Darrel. He missed last year's SB, and I didn't get the impression it was because he was really needing to be out for injury at that point, but rather more of a numbers game. (NOTE: I don't even have a clue why I think that, just a vague memory)

He is a great team guy, and is a one-cut north/south guy with power and decent hands.
My take is that Darrell is clearly the third down back more for his pass protection then anything and gets to the hole quicker then any of there other backs. Though lacks the side to side quickness of CEH.

They were not getting anything out of the run game. CEH was hit pretty good on one pass attempt. Darrell was helping the pass game. So he took over. The last couple drives his speed to the hole helps. Only looking for 3-4 yards on 1st down. Keeps us ahead of the chains in running out the clock.

We may need Darrell to play more in the Super Bowl to help our fill in left tackle. We certainly do not want to keep Kelce in to block.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:47 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
With Darrel’s emergence (esp now he’s catching passes) and Damien’s probable return next year, I could see CEH being 3rd string.
3rd string? I assume you're kidding.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
He's also faster than I thought.

Some guy on twitter mentioned his 4.7 speed and Darrell corrected him that he ran a 4.5. There's some draft profile that lists him at 4.72 but I don't think he actually ran the 40 at the combine. He doesn't accelerate like CEH but he's way better than I thought he'd be.
He ran 4.72 and 4.73 at The Combine and 4.61 at his LSU Pro Day

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=28282
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up