ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady's last two SB appearances decided by game ending penalties.
BlackOp 10:27 PM 01-25-2021
The master of officiating bailouts has creeped out from under his bridge again...

Brady's last two SB appearance have been decided by game ending penalties...

KC was heading to the SB after an INT...game over. Nope, a ticky-tack, inconsequential penalty was called at the perfect, critical moment.

Yesterday, TB's defensive back grabbed the WRs jersey and tugged him back...which provided the chance to intercept it. No call...this set up Brady's last second TD before halftime.

Fast-forward to the game deciding play...Packers CB tugs the WRs jersey..something they have been ignoring all game...magically, a flag comes out this time. Game over.

Two calls...one ignored both benefiting "terrific" Tom....

Clete Blakeman strikes again...

You KNOW Brady is going to get some kind of horseshit, bail-out call in the SB...His career is predicated on it.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:15 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It happens in every game, they normally warn them, or don't call it. You see it in every game. Shoot, two Bills were so far off on one play it hid the ball from the camera and they didn't call it. They knew what they were doing, just like the phantom roughing the passer on Jones in that game...
I'm not a big believer in the conspiracy theories but I will say, d lineman are lined up in the neutral zone all the time and it's never called. I seen it a bunch of times on Sunday. Regardless, this Chiefs team is just too good to not be able to overcome a 5 yard off sides penalty. Even one at a crucial time in the game.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:22 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Because if he isn't offsides we can run out the clock pretty easily, if I remember correctly. Not even sure we needed a first down. So basically, game over.
Think they had 1:30 left, though pats had 3 time outs. So one first down.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:25 AM 01-26-2021
I predict his last play in the SB will be an INT..
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:44 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You would like to think so...but Rodgers makes more sense for longevity.

I've never seen Brady, in a huge game/moment, get a call that screwed him....that trend continued yesterday.

The Superbowl is about driving international interest...and they ALL know who Brady is.
I don't subscribe to this per se.....but let's play the "what if you're right" game?

First off, what does Brady have left in the tank (assuming he still wants to play after winning a SB this year) 1-2 more years AT BEST left?

If I were to assume that the league was influencing games in a manner that is best for the Shield, I would think the long term play would be to have young QBs win Super Bowls, not older guys.

The NFL has already juiced Brady for all he's worth, and Brady doesn't even need to win the Super Bowl this year to accomplish anything...he's already revitalized the Bucs faithful even if they lose. But what does a Brady win guarantee? nothing we don't already know, since most recognize him as the GOAT anyways....And it's not like the Bucs fans don't realize they were "all in" this year, and that the moment Brady hangs them up, they're back in the mediocre category looking for their next QB. A loss does nothing for them other than "welp, we had a great year and it was fun...."

What does the NFL gain from Mahomes winning the Super Bowl: Well, for one, he now firmly plants himself into the GOAT discussion, he still has 15 years of people loving / hating him (i.e. talking about him), and he sets the bar for the young QBs to shoot for (Allen, Jackson, Lawrence, Herbert, Murray, etc. etc.)....there are going to be a ton of rivalries there....not to mention the whole "passing the torch" storyline. The NFL puts Pat on a pedestal for the next 15 years, that automatically drives the narrative of "the next in line...." Hell, they've already been doing that, but consider if Pat now has two SB championships.

Certainly the league has loved Brady's success, and yeah, he got "Superstar calls" (btw, the Dee Ford call was NOT one of those....dude lined up offsides, end of story), but that's been sports since forever ago.....

There's just nothing left from a money perspective to have Brady win the SB (again, assuming the league is manipulating that).....he's already there, and the work is already done.
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:53 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Just looked it up. Jerome Boger. Is Boger gay?
When he talks, he reminds me of the Ladies Man from SNL
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:55 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I see you are new here.
The invasion of the bandwagoners
[Reply]
Shoes 11:03 AM 01-26-2021
You can't complain about the reffing regarding the Ford offside penalty. You are 100% allowed to curse Dee Ford for the rest of eternity about it though.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:05 AM 01-26-2021
I hate this trash. Put this shit in DC
[Reply]
wazu 11:14 AM 01-26-2021
Nick reminding everybody about the bullshit calls from 2 years ago...

"Patrick Mahomes has been waiting for revenge on his one and only playoff loss. ... I've been waiting 2 years for this game & I cannot wait."

@getnickwright reacts to the Mahomes-Brady Super Bowl LV matchup: pic.twitter.com/7bdSWtTI1y

— First Things First (@FTFonFS1) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:21 AM 01-26-2021
I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that Black Ops:

Predicted the Raiders in the playoffs 3 consecutive years (and failed)
Predicted the Chargers in the playoffs (and failed)
And told us, in the year the Chiefs won the SB, that the Chiefs would never go to the SB because rigged.

Oh and, he don't ever wanna talk about it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:21 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that Black Ops:

Predicted the Raiders in the playoffs 3 consecutive years (and failed)
Predicted the Chargers in the playoffs (and failed)
And told us, in the year the Chiefs won the SB, that the Chiefs would never go to the SB because rigged.

Oh and, he don't ever wanna talk about it.
Didn't Rivers beat the Ravens that season in the WC?..never-mind doesn't fit your narrative. I predicted the Chargers next year..about 6 games into this season. Your statement is false...

I noticed you conveniently left out predicting that LA would produce a SB team prior to that season....and the call in Saints game that provided it.

I predicted the Raiders only play-off season, in May, that year...but dont bother bringing that up..I havent said it 3 years in a row...you lying sack of horseshit...I did predict this season...so one of your three points is half-correct. The ending to the Jets game was umm..."interesting" as was Clete's hatchet job vs. KC.

I also didnt say KC wouldn't make it to the SB in 2019...

I've never seen a grown man so determined to convince himself that the NFL is honest and pure...that's your issue, not mine.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:44 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
The NFL has already juiced Brady for all he's worth, and Brady doesn't even need to win the Super Bowl this year to accomplish anything...he's already revitalized the Bucs faithful even if they lose. But what does a Brady win guarantee? nothing we don't already know, since most recognize him as the GOAT anyways....And it's not like the Bucs fans don't realize they were "all in" this year, and that the moment Brady hangs them up, they're back in the mediocre category looking for their next QB. A loss does nothing for them other than "welp, we had a great year and it was fun...."
The NFL likes to gift their HOF players with a going away ring...having TB end his career with winning a SB with 2 different teams is about the only reason.

The SB is an international event...and Brady's name is the most recognizable on the planet. He gets eyeballs on the screen...I never watched soccer as a kid but still know who Pele is.

I mean having Mahomes beat the legendary Brady would be the move I'd make...pass the torch...plant the seed in the casual, foreign market hive-brain.

Just happy the NFC has to deal with that horseshit now...
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 07:48 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The NFL likes to gift their HOF players with a going away ring...having TB end his career with winning a SB with 2 different teams is about the only reason.

The SB is an international event...and Brady's name is the most recognizable on the planet.

Just happy the NFC has to deal with that horseshit now...
Dude, I'm in the camp that the NFL pushes their agenda for story and profit but at this time PM2 is the most marketable cash cow the NFL has and likely will have for the next 10-15 years. Look up top NFL jersey sales for 2020. Patrick is basically printing cash for the shield ATM. If anything the agenda is going to be nudged in our favor for the foreseeable future and after the decades of shit season endings to shit calls at he most inopportune times for the Chiefs, I HAVE NO FUCKING PROBLEM W THAT WHATSOEVER.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:19 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Dude, I'm in the camp that the NFL pushes their agenda for story and profit but at this time PM2 is the most marketable cash cow the NFL has and likely will have for the next 10-15 years. Look up top NFL jersey sales for 2020. Patrick is basically printing cash for the shield ATM. If anything the agenda is going to be nudged in our favor for the foreseeable future and after the decades of shit season endings to shit calls at he most inopportune times for the Chiefs, I HAVE NO ****ING PROBLEM W THAT WHATSOEVER.
I love you, Clyde Frog.

#RUNITBACKTOUR2021
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 PM 01-26-2021
The "ratings" for the NFL are tied to Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Herbert, Tua, and so on.

The NFL has a vested interest in Brady handing the baton to Mahomes so that they can bring the Brady/Manning era to a close and start the next chapter.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up