ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who are the national media types that ARE solid?
DaFace 12:45 PM 01-25-2021
With so much angst about what the national media thought coming into yesterday's game, it got me wondering about which talking heads ARE worth the time. And I'm not talking about people who are generally Chiefs "fans" at some level like Pete Schrager (or obviously Nick Wright) so much as guys who are actually pretty objective and bring something to the conversation.

I see Chris Simms thrown out a lot, and I've enjoyed what I've watched of him. Rich Eisen seems solid. Who else?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:34 AM 01-27-2021
Yeah Riddick is good. I find RJ Bell's straight outta Vegas show entertaining.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:03 AM 01-27-2021
Love the thing about Thornhill.

I wonder if the fact he missed the SB run last year is weighing on him. I hope it is because he's playing like a man possessed.
[Reply]
morphius 07:36 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Love the thing about Thornhill.

I wonder if the fact he missed the SB run last year is weighing on him. I hope it is because he's playing like a man possessed.
The way he played in week 17 I thought there was a strong chance we would be looking for another safety this offseason.
[Reply]
Azide22 08:23 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I like Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark on ESPN. Boomer on CBS has always been pretty spot on, while Phil Simms seems to have a bone to pick with the Chiefs(maybe to offset his son). Jimmy Johnson on FOX is about the only one whose opinion I trust on their show. Terry Bradshaw is a moron. Howie Long still hates the Chiefs. Tony is Tony being Tony.
Bradshaw was good 30 years ago. He changed his slant from knowledgeable analyst to insufferable ham almost overnight - clearly a play to ratings and attentuon/success.
[Reply]
srvy 12:11 PM 01-27-2021
I have liked Riddick since the first I heard him on 810 whb Border Patrol when talk first hit that Andy was coming to KC.

Easily the worst are Wiley and Acho it's just unwatchable.

Pat McAfee is ok but AJ Hawk his cigar smoking sidekick is annoying. Reminds me of Kramer on his smoking bings. Jerry says his face looks like Catcher mitt and Kramer replies don't look at me I'm hideous.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:16 PM 01-27-2021
SVP's SportsCenter is the best sports show on tv.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:54 PM 01-27-2021
Already been said but...

Simms, Orlovsky, McAfee, Baldy

And I'll have to admit...I don't hate Shannon Sharpe "as much" as I used to.

Even though he's a KC homer, I still can't stand Nick Wright. He means well for rep KC, but dude is just annoying. His crush on Lebron is very annoying as well.

He reminds me of Gonzo the muppet character...maybe it's the nose.

Correction...it's def the nose.

Whitlock has gotten a lot better over the yrs. He'll always have a soft spot just for what he did with donating to the Save our Chiefs movement, that ended up being part of a catalyst that resulted in Reid's hire.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:58 PM 01-27-2021
I like Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark on ESPN. Boomer on CBS has always been pretty spot on, while Phil Simms seems to have a bone to pick with the Chiefs(maybe to offset his son). Jimmy Johnson on FOX is about the only one whose opinion I trust on their show. Terry Bradshaw is a moron. Howie Long still hates the Chiefs. Tony is Tony being Tony.
I remember during his playing days as a Chief, Spears would work for Metro Sports and would hang out in the student sections of HS games.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:03 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Even though he's a KC homer, I still can't stand Nick Wright. He means well for rep KC, but dude is just annoying. His crush on Lebron is very annoying as well.
I dislike him BECAUSE he's a KC homer. It's one thing to be a homer when you're on a Chiefs-specific show. It's another to be argumentative about it when you're on a national show that is (theoretically) intended to provide interesting insights.
[Reply]
Pants 01:14 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I dislike him BECAUSE he's a KC homer. It's one thing to be a homer when you're on a Chiefs-specific show. It's another to be argumentative about it when you're on a national show that is (theoretically) intended to provide interesting insights.
His Chiefs shtick can definitely get very annoying but the man has always had great takes. There's a reason he rose from a small market sports radio guy to someone on national network TV. It definitely wasn't his face (his words, not mine).
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:18 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I remember during his playing days as a Chief, Spears would work for Metro Sports and would hang out in the student sections of HS games.
I think that is a different Marcus Spears.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:21 PM 01-27-2021
Chris Simms is solid, I have a certain fondness for Shannon Sharpe, even though I can't understand him worth a damn sometimes but he loves Mahomes and the Chiefs nowadays so I let his reign as a Bronco slide a bit. Pat McAfee is always entertaining.

I'm really tired of sports media saying, "The Chiefs will be without Mitchell Schwartz for the Super Bowl." Like, mother ****er, we haven't had him since mid October, we didn't need him the last time we went up 27-10 on the Buccaneers so stop talking about Mitchell Schwartz.
[Reply]
alanm 01:54 PM 01-27-2021
Pat McAfee is fantastic...his show on YouTube is must watch when I can. Eisen is pretty good too. I can't stand any show with Skip Worthless.
McAfee is funny as hell. Just watched one bit this morning on all the impulse buys he made when he was a rookie. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 02:20 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Chris Simms is solid, I have a certain fondness for Shannon Sharpe, even though I can't understand him worth a damn sometimes but he loves Mahomes and the Chiefs nowadays so I let his reign as a Bronco slide a bit. Pat McAfee is always entertaining.

I'm really tired of sports media saying, "The Chiefs will be without Mitchell Schwartz for the Super Bowl." Like, mother ****er, we haven't had him since mid October, we didn't need him the last time we went up 27-10 on the Buccaneers so stop talking about Mitchell Schwartz.
Losing Fisher is the biggest deal at the moment. I know a lot of people gave him grief but we could sure use Cam Erving next week.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:29 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Azide22:
Bradshaw was good 30 years ago. He changed his slant from knowledgeable analyst to insufferable ham almost overnight - clearly a play to ratings and attentuon/success.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up