ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who are the national media types that ARE solid?
DaFace 12:45 PM 01-25-2021
With so much angst about what the national media thought coming into yesterday's game, it got me wondering about which talking heads ARE worth the time. And I'm not talking about people who are generally Chiefs "fans" at some level like Pete Schrager (or obviously Nick Wright) so much as guys who are actually pretty objective and bring something to the conversation.

I see Chris Simms thrown out a lot, and I've enjoyed what I've watched of him. Rich Eisen seems solid. Who else?
[Reply]
bdj23 04:16 PM 01-25-2021
Shannon Sharpe is solid to very solid and I want to kill myself for saying that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:20 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Chris Simms is the most knowledgeable.
Dan Orlovsky is Chris Simms Light.
Rich Eisen is just a cool guy.
THIS!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:21 PM 01-25-2021
I know ESPN mostly sucks but I like Orlovsky and Clark there. I like SVP's postgame interviews which Clark is usually on.. I also enjoy Wilbon and Kornheiser when they do the happy trails segment for the nostalgia. Simms is awesome.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:25 PM 01-25-2021
The PTI guys are pretty damn good
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:47 PM 01-25-2021

[Reply]
hawkchief 04:55 PM 01-25-2021
Simms, Riddick, Clark and Sharpe all good.

Bayless, Cowherd and Steven A = pure garbage. The fact that Bayless has a job is a disgrace to any journalist.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:42 PM 01-25-2021
I wouldn't say Cowherd is in the same garbage heap that Bayless and Steven A are in.

Steven A wants to give all credit to Kelce and Hill. (Does he remember when Alex Smith was playing with those 2?)
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 06:45 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
I agree except for when aaron rodgers comes on
I used to dislike Rodgers but he's become somewhat likeable to me the past couple of years. Some of that may be his attitude change but mostly I think it's that it's the fact that Patrick is our QB: it kind of instills the abundance mindset, where nothing NFL-QB related really can ruffle my feathers too much, because we've got The King. No room or need for jealousy or bitterness when we're blessed with PM15: our cup of awesome overfloweth.

As many here have said: amazing time to be a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:51 PM 01-25-2021
I wouldn't say Cowherd is in the same garbage heap that Bayless and Steven A are in.

Steven A wants to give all credit to Kelce and Hill. (Does he remember when Alex Smith was playing with those 2?)
Yeah, no kidding. How many times were receivers wide open and frantically waiving their arms 30 yards down the field while Alex dumped the ball off to the HB for a six yard gain on 3rd and 7?
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:13 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Shannon Sharpe is solid to very solid and I want to kill myself for saying that.
Yeah but thkip shits it all up.
[Reply]
blueprint_one 02:00 PM 01-26-2021
Probably Shannon Sharpe.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:36 PM 01-26-2021
The guys I listen to are Ryen Russillo podcast. Since forever he hasn’t been interested in delivering hot takes. He does a lot of NBA stuff but his football pods are usually good.

Bill Simmons Sunday night pod is a good one typically. There is a lot of gambling stuff which typically they get their ass beat on and I laugh at. But it’s one of the better breakdowns out there despite him being a pats fan. Which he isn’t much of a pretentious douche about it so I like it.

And Simms. But if Florio is on I don’t listen. Fuck that guy.

Literally the only show I can manage on TV Is SVP. And typically it’s only for bad beats (not sure why gambling fails make me laugh so much) or he has an interview with one of my guys. A

Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's really remarkable considering who his dad is.
Phil isn’t bad on Chris’ podcast. He makes me laugh. And Phil was on Russillos podcast and was pretty engaging. Just shut the TV off. All TV sucks.

Originally Posted by hawkchief:
Simms, Riddick, Clark and Sharpe all good.

Bayless, Cowherd and Steven A = pure garbage. The fact that Bayless has a job is a disgrace to any journalist.
The problem is the garbage crew are the best earners in the industry. Consumers are the problem. They’re just clowns up there getting paid.

Yeah he is. He’s on wax saying he isn’t really interested in being right. He’s an entertainer.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 PM 01-26-2021
I posted this in a different thread. Once it clicked that these guys were getting paid by me being disgusted by them it was easy to change the channel.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Y'all need to turn off sports media. I have like 3 podcasts I listen to, and optimally I turn on the game right at kickoff and do something during halftime so I don't have to see the national fuckleheads, and that's it. IT. I passively listened to some shit pre-Mahomes, but it didn't really matter because they never talked Chiefs. Then Mahomes rapes faces and they're talking about the Chiefs. It was then I realized precisely how full of shit most of them are.

I'd venture a guess that most of the "personalities" watch very very little football. They just sit up there and puke out cliche's aimed at the lowest common denominator and base their opinion on what will get clicks or views, or in some cases, just to have a different talking point than the motherfucker in the other chair. It's just a giant ass waste of time.

And it hammered the point home that, especially jackass shows like First Take or whatever the God Fuck Bayless is on these days, douchebags like Colin Cowherd say shit like, "I'm more interested in being entertaining than I am being right," that every time I click a video or tune into a program, they get ratings, ratings get them paid. So every time I waste time listening to and get pissed off by these fuckleheads, I'm getting them money.

Then I felt really dirty and tuned them all out. In fact, I'll go out of my way not to consume them.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The problem is the garbage crew are the best earners in the industry. Consumers are the problem. They’re just clowns up there getting paid.
QFT
[Reply]
Delano 12:39 AM 01-27-2021
I'll be bummed when Louis Riddick gets into a front office because I like his takes, especially ones like this:

#Chiefs secondary one of the best press secondaries in the #NFL. Nice combo of youth and vet experience. Tyrann smarts and leadership, Thornhill looks 100% again, and L’Jarius Sneed is going to be a star - he has shut-down corner potential.
— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up