ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 158
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:43 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ll be interested to see if the refs “let them play” against Brady and the Bucs. If they don’t....then 3rd downs are going to suck because he’ll just toss it up and then complain about interference.
That's my biggest concern... the NFL will want to keep the game close for ratings.

I dont like Brady being in a one score game in the 4th...have seen the refs bail him out too many times to count. It happened repeatedly in the 2018 AFCCG...all the calls went in his favor.

Hell, his first drive of his first ever game with the Bucs, he got a long PI call...

There has never, in the history of the NFL, been a QB so aided by the officiating. Montana didn't get it, Farve didn't get it..none of them.

It's responsible for 50% of his SB appearances...which sucks because I think he's a great QB....just wildly inflated.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 10:43 AM 01-27-2021
That’s awesome and shitty at the same time.

The Chiefs are in the SB and it’s where you live.....and you can’t go. Fuck.
Yeah - she's not really a football fan, but rocks Chiefs gear for me - but I told her she HAS to go. I'm super excited for her. I will live vicariously through her (and watch from home, 15 mins away).
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by :
thanks to predictable & inefficient 1st down runs, TB asks Tom Brady to bail them out...
I was chatting with someone about this during the Chiefs game Sunday evening, except the Bills were predictable in the opposite way, throwing incompletions on first down... seemed like the Bills had a ton of 2nd & 10+ and 3rd & 7+. And in several cases, Allen would just make it worse by taking a sack. They had ONE 2nd down that wasn't 7+ yards in the first half, not including a 1st and goal from the 8. And they only had a few more in the 2nd half, and a couple of those were when the game was already out of hand.

In today's game, the best thing you can do on defense is at least make an offense earn it, and that's why I wasn't ever worried the other night... the Bills had four 3rd downs and had to convert a 4th down within their first two drives. And their offense simply wasn't good enough to consistently make those conversions.

Look at the 2018 AFCCG... the Patriots were great at getting to a 3rd & ~3-5 for most of the game and only relied on Brady a few times to convert the longer 3rd downs (fucking Edelman :-) ). I think Brady and Tampa's offense will need that same kind of effectiveness on early downs to have a chance of keeping up.

And the other night, the Chiefs had a lot of 2nd and longs as well, but of course were incredibly successful with turning those into 3rd and manageable or 1st downs. A defense is fucked if they can't consistently force the Chiefs into 3rd and 7+.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:50 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
There was a repeating theme as the season ended...Chiefs would get up 2 scores and coast to the finish line.

These were the scores heading into the 4th quarter

vs. Bucs 27-10...ended 27-24
vs. Dolphins 28-10... ended 33-27
vs. Saints 32-15 (Chiefs scored 2 minutes into the 4th)...ended 32-29

They only became close because KC took the pressure off...Chiefs scored a total of 3 points in 3 games at the end.
No need to expose the playbook in any of those games. I’m concerned about them being able to work around Fish, and that’s about it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:52 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

I think they will make a concerted effort to run the ball and probably have at least a little bit of success
[Reply]
staylor26 10:55 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think they will make a concerted effort to run the ball and probably have at least a little bit of success
I hope they try and run the ball more.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Our run D is stronger than it's ever been under Spags to this point, and we figure to get Gay back.

Bucs ran for 75 in the first meeting, and 34 came on one play. We'll shut them down.

You try to 'establish the run' against our demonfuck offense and you'll regret it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:01 AM 01-27-2021
They're not gonna let Tyreek Hill have a career day again. Those types of performances don't happen often anyways. So it can't be expected that will happen again.

Same with Kelce. Or at least I fully expect both of those guys to be doubled all game. Which opens doors for others. OL will have to block well, long enough for Mahomes to get to 2nd and 3rd reads.

This means Sammy Watkins and Mecole Hardman better come to ****in play. And honestly I still don't think they completely "shut down" Hill or Kelce. One of them at least will find the endzone and at least one of them will go over the 100yd mark.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:02 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Generally I would agree. If the run D shows up ready to play, that could dig them into some deep 3rd and long holes where I like our chances. I just don't want them setting Brady up with frequent 3rd and short situations where he has the option to hit us underneath or try one over the top.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:02 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Had my QB thrown picks to end three consecutive second half drives in his last game, I'd definitely focus on running the ball.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:04 AM 01-27-2021
Get interior pressure up in Brady's grill and he starts doing dumb shit.

You're talking about the most immobile QB in the game.

He gets the ball out quick though. Time for our DB's to get physical at the line.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
They're not gonna let Tyreek Hill have a career day again. Those types of performances don't happen often anyways. So it can't be expected that will happen again.

Same with Kelce. Or at least I fully expect both of those guys to be doubled all game. Which opens doors for others. OL will have to block well, long enough for Mahomes to get to 2nd and 3rd reads.

This means Sammy Watkins and Mecole Hardman better come to ****in play. And honestly I still don't think they completely "shut down" Hill or Kelce. One of them at least will find the endzone and at least one of them will go over the 100yd mark.
Clyde is going to have a big game much like Damien Williams last year. The Bucs will have extra DB’s covering downfield for Kelce and and Tyreek so the flat will be man coverage.

Clyde almost always makes the first defender miss.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Clyde is going to have a big game much like Damien Williams last year. The Bucs will have extra DB’s covering downfield for Kelce and and Tyreek so the flat will be man coverage.

Clyde almost always makes the first defender miss.
Vita Vea being back is going to help their run defense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:19 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Azide22:
Didn't Hasselbeck say that the Bills had the better #1 WR and QB?
Hasselbeck said the Bills had the better QB & Moss said the Bills had the better WR.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 AM 01-27-2021
Vita Vea being back is going to help their run defense.
I’m talking about his receiving. In the flat and middle of the field will be big opportunities since the Bucs want more coverage downfield on Kelce/Tyreek
[Reply]
Page 36 of 158
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up