ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:43 PM 01-21-2021
How are you not dead?

The hunger headache would kill me in the first 12 hours.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:44 PM 01-21-2021
you really want a challenge, work out after 16 hours of fasting

you have to moderate the work out though, or you pass out...about 60% of your normal intensity
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:46 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
No electrolytes on any of my fasts. Only Himalayan salt. Maybe, I should try some electrolytes.
Any lytes of electro supplements have you?
[Reply]
vailpass 02:49 PM 01-21-2021
Congrats on focusing on your fitness. On its own, the water fast is good for cleansing but is a short-term gain. You'll gain most or all of it back within a week once you stop. Unless you add a physical activity regimen and a modified diet to your life.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:20 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
How are you not dead?

The hunger headache would kill me in the first 12 hours.
It's all mental. You think you would be dead so that is how you perceive it. Think of it this way. If somehow you could be granted to have your 25 year self body and 5 million dollars and all you would have to do is water fast for 21 days now, you would do it no problem. Motivation is a factor.

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Any lytes of electro supplements have you?
Surprisingly I can actually read that. As a Raiders fan I was able to finish 5th grade :-). I also drive a Camaro-ish vehicle.

Originally Posted by vailpass:
Congrats on focusing on your fitness. On its own, the water fast is good for cleansing but is a short-term gain. You'll gain most or all of it back within a week once you stop. Unless you add a physical activity regimen and a modified diet to your life.
Thanks. My last 10 day fast I lost about 18lbs but gained about 8-9lbs back right away which is normal after fasting. I started that fast at about 205lbs. I agree with you that one has to continue a physical regimen. I was sort off for 2020 and packed on some pounds.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:23 PM 01-21-2021
Can you still drink cum
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:28 PM 01-21-2021
CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion?
wrong :-)
[Reply]
Jerok 03:30 PM 01-21-2021
I was doing alternate daily fasting for awhile. I've done multiple fasts up to 7 days with only water and salt, its pretty great!

I'm type 2 diabetic and was a huge fatass and have had blood sugars in the high 400s, but when I'm fasting and on keto I can get it under 100 without meds.
[Reply]
Jerok 03:31 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you really want a challenge, work out after 16 hours of fasting

you have to moderate the work out though, or you pass out...about 60% of your normal intensity
Uh 16 hours is literally nothing, when you are fat adapted you can work out with reasonable intensity at any point during a long fast if you have electrolytes
[Reply]
vailpass 03:33 PM 01-21-2021
It's all mental. You think you would be dead so that is how you perceive it. Think of it this way. If somehow you could be granted to have your 25 year self body and 5 million dollars and all you would have to do is water fast for 21 days now, you would do it no problem. Motivation is a factor.

Surprisingly I can actually read that. As a Raiders fan I was able to finish 5th grade :-). I also drive a Camaro-ish vehicle.

Thanks. My last 10 day fast I lost about 18lbs but gained about 8-9lbs back right away which is normal after fasting. I started that fast at about 205lbs. I agree with you that one has to continue a physical regimen. I was sort off for 2020 and packed on some pounds.
:-) You aren't very far off from being in the shape you want to be in. I'm pulling for ya' man.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:34 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Can you still drink cum
Did you mean that for Billay?
[Reply]
TLO 03:34 PM 01-21-2021
I'm going to eat a cheeseburger in your honor tonight.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Uh 16 hours is literally nothing, when you are fat adapted you can work out with reasonable intensity at any point during a long fast if you have electrolytes

[Reply]
Eureka 03:46 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Can you still drink cum
No I can't because it's to many Calories. I've always told women it's Vitamin K.

Originally Posted by Jerok:
I was doing alternate daily fasting for awhile. I've done multiple fasts up to 7 days with only water and salt, its pretty great!

I'm type 2 diabetic and was a huge fatass and have had blood sugars in the high 400s, but when I'm fasting and on keto I can get it under 100 without meds.
Glad to read that others enjoy fasting. You can def control type 2 diabetes with controlling your intake. Some people just prefer pills. Keto is another great way to eat if you know how to cook keto meals. Good stuff Jerok.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) You aren't very far off from being in the shape you want to be in. I'm pulling for ya' man.
Thanks. Once I get focused like I am now I'll be back to my normal 200lbs in a few months.

Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm going to eat a cheeseburger in your honor tonight.
Super jealous. Tell me more about your burger. You adding mushrooms or Bacon. Maybe a lettuce wrap instead of bread? How do you like your burgers.
[Reply]
Eureka 03:48 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I've changed my lifestyle to an 18/6 intermittent fast routine with around 1500-1600 calories per day the past 2 years. I eat nothing but nutrient dense foods full of protein and/or healthy fats.

I've lost around 40 pounds (even while still indulging on booze & unhealthy food on weekends). I was pre-diabetic and now have that fully under control as well. I actually feel better when I don't eat than I do after my meals. It's very interesting how much it's changed my mental approach to food.

Fasting really can make you feel incredible, if it's right for your body. Some people would feel terrible doing it, it just depends on your physiology. I was thinking of trying a 2-3 day water fast myself, so this was an interesting thread to read. I might give it a shot.
This is harder to do then fasting. Completely changing your diet and what you've always been used to eating. Kudos to you. Cheers to a Beer this weekend for ya.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up