ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 37
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:52 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Martin's early success recruiting really surprised me and had me thinking maybe I'd been wrong about him. I wasn't. The dude is not an elite recruiter and has NOT taken his recruiting to a different level while being close to home.

I think part of the issue is that he had so much job security after Year 1 (due to his contract) that he stopped recruiting kids - or didn't heavily pursue them - that he perceived as potential problems.

The class that's coming in would be fine if he had experienced upper classment he was adding it to (he doesn't) or if he had go-to type players on the roster or in the class. It's not an instant impact class, so he's going to need to dip back into the grad transfer arena to get that. Something he hasn't really done so far...
It's also maddening that Martin chose to completely ignore Nesbitt. I may be off, but I get the feeling he was a real possibility if we showed any interest.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:03 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's also maddening that Martin chose to completely ignore Nesbitt. I may be off, but I get the feeling he was a real possibility if we showed any interest.
I don;t think he recruited Nesbitt much at all, because he thought he would be too much of a high-maintenance guy who doesn't want to focus solely on defense and being tough.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:41 PM 12-03-2020
Cuonzo appears to be very Norm-esque in his antipathy towards recruiting talented, local prospects that may require emotional massaging.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:19 PM 12-03-2020
I think one of the biggest hurdles Cuonzo faces recruiting wise is that his brand of basketball is just completely unappealing to today’s top recruit.

These blue chip prospects want to play in a system that will allow them to showcase their talents to the NBA. Not one where they’re required to expend all their energy on the defensive end of the floor and don’t get to push the ball much on offense.

I LOVE the way Cuonzo’s teams play defense, I love how tough they are, and the ones that stick around seem to genuinely buy in to what he’s trying to do. But there has to be a way that he can figure out a way to put more points on the board. Because routinely scoring in the 50s and 60s just isn’t appealing to anyone.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:14 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I think one of the biggest hurdles Cuonzo faces recruiting wise is that his brand of basketball is just completely unappealing to today’s top recruit.

These blue chip prospects want to play in a system that will allow them to showcase their talents to the NBA. Not one where they’re required to expend all their energy on the defensive end of the floor and don’t get to push the ball much on offense.

I LOVE the way Cuonzo’s teams play defense, I love how tough they are, and the ones that stick around seem to genuinely buy in to what he’s trying to do. But there has to be a way that he can figure out a way to put more points on the board. Because routinely scoring in the 50s and 60s just isn’t appealing to anyone.
Last night was at least a good start in that regard.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:04 PM 12-03-2020

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:20 PM 12-06-2020
Another good win today! 3-0.

Gotta think we might be ranked this week...
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:47 PM 12-06-2020

[Reply]
dlphg9 07:02 PM 12-06-2020
How good is WSU? Not too good cuz they aren't getting the shit beat out of them by the HC?
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 07:20 PM 12-06-2020
3-0 and have looked good doing it. ORU and Oregon are good programs but WSU is in an death spiral with the coach resigning and players transferring.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:23 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
3-0 and have looked good doing it. ORU and Oregon are good programs but WSU is in an death spiral with the coach resigning and players transferring.
I knew our first 2 wins were good wins, but didn't know how WSU was this year. I figured they have started to become dog shit since their coach is gone and players won't stick around.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:06 PM 12-08-2020
Pretty sure we could've beaten kU this year. They're nothing special.

Too bad they ducked us and canceled the game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 PM 12-08-2020
Illinois looks good...beating the crap out of Duke.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:15 PM 12-09-2020
4-0
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:01 PM 12-09-2020
What happened to Watson? He’s just about disappeared and is a complete non factor.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 37
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up