ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chop is Changing... Barely
Pointer19 07:00 PM 09-09-2020
I know there was a thread about face paint, headdresses, and Warpaint, but here’s an update on the Chop.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...245608310.html

Originally Posted by :

Native Americans will bless the big ceremonial drum like always, and before the drumbeat starts an announcement will be made that incorporating the drum into the game-day experience is a “privilege” and that fans are invited to join as they beat the drum.

The cheerleaders will then do the same chop motion, but with a closed fist instead of open palm. You know, signaling the beating of the drum.

[Reply]
MahiMike 08:19 PM 01-25-2021
Closed fist? You mean like the communist flag or blm?
[Reply]
srvy 08:31 PM 01-25-2021
Just rename it the lumberjack chop. The lumberjacks won't be pissed because they're not pussies.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:20 PM 01-25-2021
You'll have to purchase a license in order to take part in your "privilege".
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:25 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.

Brilliantly said. We were blessed to have had those Sundays in a very special place in a very special time.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:33 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
It's about damn time "to the winner goes the spoils" was applied. You talk all the black guys into repping the white man's jersey and we'll just forget all about the red guys.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:43 PM 01-25-2021
I am Native American, and I understand the chop is just a sports related thing. No one is doing it to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Now, I will admit that I really don't like a bunch of white people wearing costume headdresses, that look like they were made by other white people.

I never say anything about it, but I don't like it. And even in that situation, I don't think the intent is to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:19 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am Native American, and I understand the chop is just a sports related thing. No one is doing it to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Now, I will admit that I really don't like a bunch of white people wearing costume headdresses, that look like they were made by other white people.

I never say anything about it, but I don't like it. And even in that situation, I don't think the intent is to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
The individuals who are complaining don't even watch football
[Reply]
Valiant 11:25 PM 01-25-2021
I would say we can also push back. Chiefs are not a native American term. We can switch to the pagan chiefs of Europe. Word is French and Italian origin.
[Reply]
joethomas 11:26 PM 01-25-2021
It's just white people who love being offended taking offense on behalf of other people who largely are not offended. They like telling everyone what they should be offended by, because they like injecting themselves into the situation so they can feel morally superior to everyone else. It's not about native peoples, whose opinions are irrelevant to these whites. if you tell them that the native people are not offended the white people will say it's because they have internalized racism and that we shouldn't listen to them. it's 100% about the white people mounting the crusade wanting to feel like they are better than everyone else and loving a chance to tell everyone so.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:31 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I would say we can also push back. Chiefs are not a native American term. We can switch to the pagan chiefs of Europe. Word is French and Italian origin.
If you do that then its white supremacy. Or thats what the masses would say.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:35 PM 01-25-2021
Chop has always been dumb before anybody complained. Team will eventually stop with the stupid music from old westerns.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:40 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you do that then its white supremacy. Or thats what the masses would say.
Fuck white crybabies
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:43 PM 01-25-2021
I mean the chop is fun, way to get the crowd going, but let's get real.

So was "We're going to beat the hell out of you" after the td's.

Maybe our next celebration will be to sit in contemplative meditation for 30 seconds.
[Reply]
srvy 11:50 PM 01-25-2021
Personally, I think the chop is stupid and don't do it. But my reason is it's a dumb ass college frat boy bullshit stolen from the FSU Seminals.

Also the Native Americans have no special rights or claims to someone throwing their hand out in the air. A motion is not a tomahawk, Hatchet or Ax.
[Reply]
kevrunner 02:18 AM 01-26-2021
Isn’t the signal for a 1st down a tomahawk chop? That needs to go first.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up