ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chop is Changing... Barely
Pointer19 07:00 PM 09-09-2020
I know there was a thread about face paint, headdresses, and Warpaint, but here’s an update on the Chop.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...245608310.html

Originally Posted by :

Native Americans will bless the big ceremonial drum like always, and before the drumbeat starts an announcement will be made that incorporating the drum into the game-day experience is a “privilege” and that fans are invited to join as they beat the drum.

The cheerleaders will then do the same chop motion, but with a closed fist instead of open palm. You know, signaling the beating of the drum.

[Reply]
cwhocares 09:44 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:46 AM 09-10-2020
I'm doing a tomahawk chopped salad to go along with the steak I'm grilling for my pre-game meal.

#pleasedontcancelme
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:54 AM 09-10-2020

via Gfycat

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:05 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.
Standing ovation post. :-) :-) :-)

Take a bow.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 09-10-2020
It's so, so easy to keep sports and politics apart when the teams are melding sports and politics. So easy to just keep politics out of the Lounge. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's so, so easy to keep sports and politics apart when the teams are melding sports and politics. So easy to just keep politics out of the Lounge. :-)
Liberals ruin everything.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:17 AM 09-10-2020
I'll bet most of the cheerleaders have an open fist like they're gripping an.....eggplant emoji.

Then they'll be pumping it like a shakeweight.

That's how I'm going to tolerate this stupid capitulation modification.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:30 AM 09-10-2020
Is it really so hard not to say things like 'own the libs' or 'liberals ruin everything' or 'thanks Trump'?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Is it really so hard not to say things like 'own the libs' or 'liberals ruin everything' or 'thanks Trump'?
There's more subtle things said, even in this thread.
[Reply]
vonBobo 11:04 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Liberals ruin everything.
So you would have zero problems if I went to a washington generals game in an army costume with a purple heart and campaign medals?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:06 AM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
So you would have zero problems if I went to a washington generals game in an army costume with a purple heart and campaign badges?
Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

Just don't tell me what to do.
[Reply]
Otter 11:13 AM 09-10-2020
Not sure why anybody is surprised. They said they were going to "evaluate" the chop. What did you think that meant?
I was hoping it was kind of "don't call us, we'll call you" allegory.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:09 PM 09-10-2020
I'm still going to do the chop my ancestors on my mom side were indians and they wouldn't be complaining about this. They would be complaining about lack of virgins to sacrifice.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:18 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by nychief:
Not for nothing, but The Chop is ****ing stupid anyway.
I agree, but you and I are in the minority opinion on this one.

Granted, I live away from KC and don't come down to Arrowhead all that often to watch games. It means a lot more to people who are season ticket holders and have grown up with the Arrowhead experience and all of its traditions.

Granted, the Tony DiPardo band used to be a tradition. And Gary Glitter.

I guess... dunno... things come and go. Change happens. I'm not going to shit on people for appreciating and not wanting to get rid of the chop, but I do think it's also not something worth getting outraged over.

And I'm going to stop my post here for fear of treading into political waters.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:33 PM 09-10-2020
If we don't evolve, we die out. Mahomes has evolved the game of football. Yes the mile high salute is really really gay
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up