ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 324
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
PHOG 05:19 PM 01-24-2019
I like! Who was his DB's coach?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:19 PM 01-24-2019
If C.J. Mosley hit the market ��
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:20 PM 01-24-2019
I'm underwhelmed by the hire. But willing to give him a shot. He may be cursed. A lot of his recent "failures" are based on him not cutting it as a head coach, and two no win situations (bountygate, mcadoo-gate). Maybe the 2016 successful giants defense was a fluke. Or maybe he was onto something only for mcadoo to **** things up. That gives me some hope.

In the meantime, we move to a D better suited for the modern nfl. We bring in a guy with a great track record of success with DB's. We sound committed to improving our D personnel. We don't have Sutton. And if we improve from last to just better than last, that might actually be just enough to put us over the top.

He's gotta prove to me he's better than mediocre. There's other guys I would've preferred. But the hire will make is better and there is that small possibility this hire could be excellent.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:20 PM 01-24-2019
Selling Point... Landon Collins had his two BEST seasons under Spags.

If Spags can help us land Landon he is already better than Sutton!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:20 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Landon Collins will be a Chief, mark it down!!!!
Yeah, I'd be a bit surprised if he's not here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:21 PM 01-24-2019
Excited because change if nothing else.

A Fresh new scheme with fresh new faces.

I get it, the guy hasn't been great. Been downright awful in other instances. Lets hope he finds some success here like in years past.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:21 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Translation:

Super Bowl
Super Bowl
Loss in AFCCC
Loss in AFCCC
Super Bowl
Loss in AFCCC

I’d take that...
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:21 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Houston

DOD - ??? - Hitchens

Ward - Berry - Watts/Lucas - Fuller
Spags needs good corners for his defense to work. I'd expect him to invest in one that is better or at least challenges Ward/Fuller
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:21 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If C.J. Mosley hit the market ��
People make no sense we have enough ILB that can’t cover
[Reply]
In58men 05:22 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, I'd be a bit surprised if he's not here.
LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:22 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
So if Houston won’t restructure you think he’s gone now?
I think he's gone regardless.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:22 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Spags needs good corners for his defense to work. I'd expect him to invest in one that is better or at least challenges Ward/Fuller
Well yeah. That was just a lineup with our current guys. I expect a CB, S and LB at least to be brought in.

Honestly at this point.....I'd tag and trade Ford and then either cut or trade Houston.

Speaks - Nnadi - ??? - Jones
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:23 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Fuck
My first reaction was "yuck", but what you said rhymes and is pretty much the same thing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:23 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think he's gone regardless.
As long as Ford is gone as well....I'm fine with it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:23 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
We have Mahomes not Smith

We don’t need #1 defense
I don’t get the crapping all over this selection. What did you expect? Reid likes working with coaches he knows. He needs to trust them. Misplaced trust sometimes but still it’s his decision. It may have been decided before they even fired Sutton.

We don’t need a top ten defense. We just need a middle of the pack defense. Spags should get us there.

Mahomes is why we are a legitimate contender now. Who thought Mahomes would progress this far and fast? MVP his first season as a starter? Reid deserves the credit. He over there in the game sitting with him coaching him up. As he should be. We will rise or fall on how well Mahomes performs. It looks like Reid is perfect so far in his most important job. What coach Reid wants, Reid gets.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 324
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up