ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 236 of 301
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:38 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Oh I didn't notice a beautiful white sand beachfront was created along the north bank of the Missouri thanks to all of the flooding.
It's been named as one of the best summer travel spots in the country by multiple publications. They've have spent alot of tourism and want to grow the urban core. That's why the stadium will get done.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:03 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's been named as one of the best summer travel spots in the country by multiple publications. They've have spent alot of tourism and want to grow the urban core. That's why the stadium will get done.
Who. Who are these publications and do they have indisputable evidence that people who don't live within a 250 mi. radius of downtown are ones bringing in dollars that meet or exceed the dollars brought in by residents within that radius?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:13 PM 09-02-2019
http://news.visitkc.com/releases/kan...an%20in%202015.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:31 PM 09-02-2019
http://news.visitkc.com/releases/kan...an%20in%202015.
Most common states tourists come from: the northern half of states contiguous to Missouri and California.

The same data (since that presser relates to a study done about 2016 released in September of the following year) used in another page on the VisitKC site, less than half of all visitors stay overnight.

So given that data proves my point that most visitors are people who are mostly residents living within a days' drive and probably aren't coming to fiddle fuck around in the downtown area, what's a good reason to operate a downtown stadium that doesn't also call for massive reduction in seating capacity matched with a focus on the luxury box experience for the ever-dwindling number of multi-million dollar revenue companies operating out of downtown?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:41 PM 09-02-2019
I live within a days drive and I come to fiddle fuck around downtown quite often
[Reply]
BWillie 06:56 PM 09-02-2019
I would imagine most people under 40 would like to have a stadium downtown. It appears its a generational thing. When the street car is expanded it will actually make it EASIER to get in and out of a downtown stadium. Utilize park and ride in more stuff. It would really be amazing and great for KC if the stadiums moved downtown. They are giving up probably tens of millions a year in revenue that could be spent on local downtown businesses.

Really like the direction of the River Market and the new riverfront was one of the most needed projects down there for some time. Was always very strange that KC had major river and no riverfront. Last night we went to J Riegers, the riverfront and Bar K. Was a good time
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:01 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I live within a days drive and I come to fiddle **** around downtown quite often
The only time I don't come to fiddle fuck downtown is if I'm just going to a game only. It's crazy I'm the same distance from KC and St. Louis. If I go to a Royals game, I'll drive up and drive home. If I got to a Cardinals game, I get a hotel and stay downtown and do the nightlight thing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:35 PM 09-02-2019
Downtown only makes sense if both of these criteria are met:

1) there's an influx of businesses making downtown their base of operations for middle management and the C-suite

2) the single family neighborhoods east of Troost and north of Swope get gentrified by a **** ton of middle class white people.

So a downtown stadium will never make sense.

Um, you sorta forgot the main issue which is who pays for it.

Jackson County isn’t paying for a new 500M ballpark when a perfectly suitable one is already in place. The whole idea is stupid.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:39 PM 09-02-2019
Target Field cost $550MM.

$500MM in downtown KC is gonna get you a glorified AAA park.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:51 PM 09-02-2019
Plus dont forget all of the new hotels already built and more going up in downtown. That will make it much easier for people coming in out of state.
Weren’t you just posting about the preachers daughter who got blown away at First Friday’s ?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:01 PM 09-02-2019
Funny watching this downtown park conversation. I love KC, but it lags a bit behind some trends. Borderline Gen X / Millennial have been migrating to the suburbs more and more in most cities that went into re-development mode many years before P&L became a reality...and despite the many tax dollars in other cities spent to gentrify those areas. People finally decided they wanted suburban schools for their kids and they want their backyard pools and their plot of land. The whole revitalization movement did some good things and I truly appreciate many of the projects and efforts...but as for making it the "hub of culture"? It was a cute experiment...but talk to me in 20 years when the bounce back effect has done its thing. STUPID advanced planning to go downtown ballpark...it was a 1990's / early 2000's thing...and we missed it. Move along and either build the next one in Kansas or figure out a way to develop the area around TSC (let the K become a forever ballpark like Fenway or Dodgers Stadium). I could care less which way it goes, but downtown is a loser proposition and bad long-term thinking.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:04 PM 09-02-2019
Just put the shit somewhere in Johnson County and build some plain looking stripmalls around the stadium.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:12 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Just put the shit somewhere in Johnson County and build some plain looking stripmalls around the stadium.
Who woulda thunk in 1996 that a baseball stadium would have been a better idea than a corporate HQ for the ~50 acres of land south of 435 between Metcalf and Nall?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:19 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I don’t live in Olathe and you do realize that a majority of Royals fans that go to games live outside the immediate area. Downtown KC sucks to navigate and tailgating is big for both the Royals and the Chiefs. Neither team is leaving the Truman Sports Complex anytime soon (at least the next 20 years).

I live in the middle of Missouri. I’ve been going to Royals games since 1970 & regularly went to games in the mid 70’s at Royals Stadium in GA for a buck & a half. One of my favorite things to do in high school was go to a Royals game on a date. You could make out in the parking lot after the game & then hop on I-70 & head home. It was fantastic & that place will always be dear to my heart.

Move it to 18th & Troost? No fucking way I’m driving into that shithole.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:20 PM 09-02-2019
Who woulda thunk in 1996 that a baseball stadium would have been a better idea than a corporate HQ for the ~50 acres of land south of 435 between Metcalf and Nall?
I'd shake my head every time I saw that giant useless campus outside of my window at work. What a waste.
[Reply]
Page 236 of 301
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246286 > Last »
Up