ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:19 AM 08-22-2019
Solid
[Reply]
srvy 07:21 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I'd be down with that noise.
Just order the classic with with spicy cajun sauce thats what me and my son did. Or just order the spicy chicken sammie.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:25 AM 08-22-2019
I can't believe people don't like Mayo either, mayo rules.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:29 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No.

Mayo is disgusting. It's like someone smearing white feces on bread. It's absolutely abhorrent.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:32 AM 08-22-2019
You can get packets of Cholula hot sauce at QuikTrip. Way better than any mayo.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:00 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
You can get packets of Cholula hot sauce at QuikTrip. Way better than any mayo.
I buy Cholula by the bottle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is buckingham gone from the bus. Loop? I know they have the south place, but I always liked the other better.

Also, is Hong Kong still on the Loop? We used to hit that for good, questionable quality Chinese.
Couldn't tell ya - haven't been there in probably a decade.

If you're down south, got to Lutz's. If you're up north (or really if you're more than 5 minutes away from Lutz's), go to CoMo Smoke and Fire. The service is generally slow as hell but they're at least super friendly while you're waiting and the barbecue is easily the best in Columbia.

It'll stand up to the KC places and it's the only spot in Mid-Missouri you can say that about.

As for Chinese food - Peking is my go to. ABC Chinese up north is pretty strong as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 08-22-2019
Nope on either - Buckingham's is just south side only, as is Smokin' Chick's and there's a Lutz's on south side too.

Hong Kong burned down in the same fire that took out Dollar General.

The 2 best places on the Loop now are Carlito's (an institution) and the burger spot Just Jeff's, which are the best burgers in Como (yes, better than Booches).

Oh. And Mugs Up, but I can only do Mugs Up once a year for food - shit is so high in sodium...
Booche's is just classier White Castle. If you're downtown for a burger, Billiards on Broadway is the spot. I'm more confused by the fascination with Booche's than I am Shakespeares - Shakespeares is at least good; just not as good as people say. Booche's just ain't very good.

They opened a Just Jeff's down south and my main problem is that it's essentially a 5-guys or Mad Cow burger that comes with shitty crinkle cut fries instead of the good hand-sliced ones at 5-guys or Mad Cow. I have friends that swear by it as well but the fries are so lousy (and all they sell is canned soda that costs too damn much) that I'll just head to Mad Cow instead. What am I not doing right here? I don't see the fascination.

I have tried so hard to not like Las Margs because the cult surrounding that place just pisses me off. But I've come to the reluctant conclusion that yes - it is the best Mexican food joint in town. Especially since Agave's 70 frontage location closed and the one off range-line has fallen off substantially over the last year or so.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:35 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Booche's is just classier White Castle. If you're downtown for a burger, Billiards on Broadway is the spot. I'm more confused by the fascination with Booche's than I am Shakespeares - Shakespeares is at least good; just not as good as people say. Booche's just ain't very good.
Agreed on all counts, especially since Booches raised their prices, I won't even go there with friends...

Pizza Tree>Shakespeare's

They opened a Just Jeff's down south and my main problem is that it's essentially a 5-guys or Mad Cow burger that comes with shitty crinkle cut fries instead of the good hand-sliced ones at 5-guys or Mad Cow. I have friends that swear by it as well but the fries are so lousy (and all they sell is canned soda that costs too damn much) that I'll just head to Mad Cow instead. What am I not doing right here? I don't see the fascination.
Don't order fries; it's all about those hand breaded onion rings, hoss. They're pretty damn good - I toss one on my burger.

I've never had fries from Just Jeff's - it's ALL about the onion rings...
[Reply]
blake5676 09:46 AM 08-22-2019

I have tried so hard to not like Las Margs because the cult surrounding that place just pisses me off. But I've come to the reluctant conclusion that yes - it is the best Mexican food joint in town. Especially since Agave's 70 frontage location closed and the one off range-line has fallen off substantially over the last year or so.
All this Columbia talk is getting me nostalgic.

As far as Booche's goes, I'm still a fan. Ate there back in June when I was in town for an alumni golf tournament. I'm basically the opposite of you...don't think Shakespear's is anything special and still crave the Booche's burger. I've heard a couple people mention Billiards on Broadway so I'll have to check it out...will be back again in October.

Somebody mentioned Smokin' Chicks. I can't freaking believe that place is still around. Chick used to smoke meat for the bar I worked at (Sudsucker's/Big 12) back in the day. He hadn't opened a restaurant yet but I think he did out south right after I left Como. Blows my mind that the guy is still in business...his BBQ was good no doubt but he was dumber than a box of rocks and totally lazy. That being said, his only BBQ competition at the time was Bandana's and that place is just god awful.

These days when I'm in town for games or golf, I usually don't leave the downtown area where we stay so I need to get out and try some of the new spots. I still hit up Murry's but thats about as far south as I ever get.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 08-22-2019
Agreed on all counts, especially since Booches raised their prices, I won't even go there with friends...

Pizza Tree>Shakespeare's

Don't order fries; it's all about those hand breaded onion rings, hoss. They're pretty damn good - I toss one on my burger.

I've never had fries from Just Jeff's - it's ALL about the onion rings...
That's fair - I saw the crinkle cuts and passed outright; got the rings instead and yeah they were good. My buddy didn't want to pay the upcharge for the rings and his fries were as predictably shitty as they appeared. Seriously - who tries to serve friggen frozen crinkle-cut fries to adults?

The rings are good but dammit sometimes I just want a good burger and fries. And who's to say that the other places don't have good rings as well? I've never been forced into trying them since the other places don't have shitty fries. Mostly I'm just saying that from a strictly burger standpoint, Just Jeff's isn't the standout I was led to believe.

My favorite pizza in town is Wise Guys and then probably Italian Village. I hit up YourPie down south for lunch and it's good but it's different - one of the brick oven places. Never had Pizza Tree.
[Reply]
burt 09:54 AM 08-22-2019
Damn. Reading this thread is as close to fast food as I can get! BUT when I could, Popeyes screwed my order up on two consecutive trips. THEN got indignant because I complained!! I emailed corporate 3 different times because I loved Popeyes and wanted to give them my $$'s. NOT ONE REPLY. I won't ever go there again.

But then again....I hope to never fast food again.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:09 AM 08-22-2019
I buy Cholula by the bottle.
You fancy.

I take the Soren Petro free agency approach and buy Tapa Tio. 90% of the production for 20% of the cap hit.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:28 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like mayo, in moderation. The problem I have is that so many places dump it on things by the metric ton.It's like holy shit, I wouldn't eat mayo straight from the jar, what makes you think I want that much on my sandwich. Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:35 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by blake5676:
All this Columbia talk is getting me nostalgic.

As far as Booche's goes, I'm still a fan. Ate there back in June when I was in town for an alumni golf tournament. I'm basically the opposite of you...don't think Shakespear's is anything special and still crave the Booche's burger. I've heard a couple people mention Billiards on Broadway so I'll have to check it out...will be back again in October.

Somebody mentioned Smokin' Chicks. I can't freaking believe that place is still around. Chick used to smoke meat for the bar I worked at (Sudsucker's/Big 12) back in the day. He hadn't opened a restaurant yet but I think he did out south right after I left Como. Blows my mind that the guy is still in business...his BBQ was good no doubt but he was dumber than a box of rocks and totally lazy. That being said, his only BBQ competition at the time was Bandana's and that place is just god awful.

These days when I'm in town for games or golf, I usually don't leave the downtown area where we stay so I need to get out and try some of the new spots. I still hit up Murry's but thats about as far south as I ever get.
I still miss Shakespeare’s. I gained a ton of weight there over 4 years.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up