ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>YTTV and VPN for out of network games
DrRyan 09:14 AM 07-24-2019
I asked the question in a cord cutting thread but didn't get a response. If Q and answered elsewhere break out the best of CP lexicon and fire away.

Has anyone used a VPN and YTTV as an alternative to Sunday Ticket? I just cut the DTV cord and am looking into options. What are all you cord cutters using to get out of network NFL games?

Reddit streams is certainly an option but has always taken trying several streams and is never a quick process getting the stream up and running in my experience in streaming MMA, boxing or other sports streams. Being the first year without ST I have not streamed any NFL games. Thanks for any suggestions.
[Reply]
Fish 01:35 PM 07-24-2019
What platform? If Android, you can simply use a location spoofer instead. I know that works. Never tried with a VPN.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:09 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
I asked the question in a cord cutting thread but didn't get a response. If Q and answered elsewhere break out the best of CP lexicon and fire away.

Has anyone used a VPN and YTTV as an alternative to Sunday Ticket? I just cut the DTV cord and am looking into options. What are all you cord cutters using to get out of network NFL games?

Reddit streams is certainly an option but has always taken trying several streams and is never a quick process getting the stream up and running in my experience in streaming MMA, boxing or other sports streams. Being the first year without ST I have not streamed any NFL games. Thanks for any suggestions.
I can’t speak to the VPN question, but I will say of all of the ___ Streams subs on Reddit, the NFL one is the best. I never had a problem finding a high quality stream on there.
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:28 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
What platform? If Android, you can simply use a location spoofer instead. I know that works. Never tried with a VPN.
I would be using my Sony TV which is an android TV. I'll have to look into the location spoofer. Thanks for the responses. Suppose digging around on reddit forums may have this answered as well. VPN seemed like it would be an easy remedy but I've never used one so I don't really know.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:17 PM 07-24-2019
I just canceled DTV too after 20 years. Really loving our new setup and saving money. I use a VPN only to pirate stuff. I understand that you don't need it to stream games on reddit etc.
[Reply]
DrRyan 09:23 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
I just canceled DTV too after 20 years. Really loving our new setup and saving money. I use a VPN only to pirate stuff. I understand that you don't need it to stream games on reddit etc.
Definitely not to steam games via reddit. I was just thinking for ease and speed of switching between out of network games on YTTV using a VPN. Like if I wanted the chiefs game, use an in market IP address and if I wanted to watch the bears game change to a Chicago IP address. Maybe reddit is just a fast, but it has never been quick for me finding a working stream on reddit for other sports.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:38 PM 07-25-2019
THAT is a damn good idea.

Never thought about it
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:41 PM 07-25-2019
if you are using a computer browser, you can use opera web browser it has a built in vpn by default
[Reply]
DrRyan 12:02 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
if you are using a computer browser, you can use opera web browser it has a built in vpn by default
Good to know, thanks. I'll have to look into getting opera on the TV or ps4. NordVPN only 2.99 a month if paying for 3 years at a time. Not bad either.
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:18 AM 08-12-2019
Well, looks like the VPN route may be out. YTTV determines your home area based on what you tell them your home area is and can only be changed 2x every 12 months...

Also from NordVPN customer service: "Oh, unfortunately, Youtube TV is only available on desktop devices while connected to our servers." Obviously they are preventing exactly what I wanted to accomplish.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:18 PM 08-13-2019
You can also use CBS all access, pay the $6 a month. Change your browser location. Hook up an hdmi cable to the TV and watch the same broadcast as the local KC market.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:36 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can also use CBS all access, pay the $6 a month. Change your browser location. Hook up an hdmi cable to the TV and watch the same broadcast as the local KC market.
Holy shit - do you actually do that?
[Reply]
alanm 08:16 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I can’t speak to the VPN question, but I will say of all of the ___ Streams subs on Reddit, the NFL one is the best. I never had a problem finding a high quality stream on there.
I have always found a good stream on Reddit. I've never used it for anything else but the NFL.
[Reply]
DrRyan 05:02 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Something along these lines is exactly what I have been trying to find an easy remedy to. I guess that works for all but the NFC games that Fox gets.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:06 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by alanm:
I have always found a good stream on Reddit. I've never used it for anything else but the NFL.
r/nflsstreams is warning about an impending shut down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/...e_please_read/

they are using this as a site for right now...

https://nflbite.com/
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up