ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 39
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:58 AM 04-30-2011
Woah. I did not see that coming, either.

Certainly twisted the season all the hell around.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:46 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Woah. I did not see that coming, either.

Certainly twisted the season all the hell around.
I like the dark Cass, I guess.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:36 AM 05-01-2011
Thought it was a good twist. They teased it all season, but I still had no idea the whole time.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 05:53 PM 05-01-2011
what happened?
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 06:09 PM 05-01-2011
It's a great show.
[Reply]
Fish 08:40 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
what happened?
If you really wanna know:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frosty 08:01 AM 05-17-2011
I can't believe that our local CW station is preempting the Supernatural season finale for a Arena Football game. :-) So far, it doesn't look like they are going to reschedule it. Guess I'll have to figure out some way to download it.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:10 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I can't believe that our local CW station is preempting the Supernatural season finale for a Arena Football game. :-) So far, it doesn't look like they are going to reschedule it. Guess I'll have to figure out some way to download it.
They show whole episodes on the CW site after they are aired.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:44 PM 05-21-2011
Have to say I have mixed feelings on those 2-hours. I really didn't like the way Dean handled Lisa and Ben, and although I liked seeing Rafael blown to bits, I'm not sure about Crowley's escape and Cas becoming the new God. It was also a bit strange to see nearly the entire final hour take place in Sam's head.

On a positive note, Cas having "plans for Crowley" sounds ominous, and Crowley being alive means more Mark Sheppard, which is never a bad thing. But all-in-all, that finale left me feeling largely unfulfilled, like it's part 2 of a 3 parter, instead of a season finale.

Season 7 should be interesting though. Some changed dynamics and a lot of issues left to deal with, from Sam remembering the pit to Dean beating himself up endlessly over Lisa and Ben (and Cas), to seeing how the brothers deal with Cas (and Crowley).

I guess, though, I expected to be blown away a little bit more.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:06 PM 05-21-2011
Isn't a season finale supposed to have some cliffhanger elements to it though? Part 2 of a 3 parter seems to fit that mold. I know what you are saying about the finale though. It would have been pretty sweet to see Cas and Rafael have a badass fight but how easily he was destroyed shows just how much power is in Cas. We also have no way of knowing how messed up Sam is going to be now that he remembers hell. I'd have liked more as well but I agree that it does set up some interesting plot lines for the next season.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:41 PM 05-21-2011
Oh, cliffhangers are great, I just didn't feel like much of anything was resolved. They left a lot of questions and gave basically zero answers.

I liked the HP Lovecraft tie-in, too. Forgot to mention that. I wasn't sure I liked them turning the dragon sword lady from Bobby's past into a...whatever she was, though. That was a Chekov's Gun that didn't quite work for me.

All in all, it just felt like it was lacking the 'oh shit' moments of past finales.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:33 PM 06-18-2011
I have avoided this thread like the plague. I'm halfway through season 6. The last episode watched is where the dragon guys released Mother (?) from Purgatory. Really liking this season so far. No soul Sam was a bad mofo.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:41 AM 06-19-2011
No soul sam was a bad mofo.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:58 PM 07-16-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Have to say I have mixed feelings on those 2-hours. I really didn't like the way Dean handled Lisa and Ben, and although I liked seeing Rafael blown to bits, I'm not sure about Crowley's escape and Cas becoming the new God. It was also a bit strange to see nearly the entire final hour take place in Sam's head.

On a positive note, Cas having "plans for Crowley" sounds ominous, and Crowley being alive means more Mark Sheppard, which is never a bad thing. But all-in-all, that finale left me feeling largely unfulfilled, like it's part 2 of a 3 parter, instead of a season finale.

Season 7 should be interesting though. Some changed dynamics and a lot of issues left to deal with, from Sam remembering the pit to Dean beating himself up endlessly over Lisa and Ben (and Cas), to seeing how the brothers deal with Cas (and Crowley).

I guess, though, I expected to be blown away a little bit more.
FINALLY finished the season.

I was underwhelmed by the finale, as well. Dark/all-powerful Cas just doesn't seem to fit. The key, I think, is Sam, and what knowledge he retained from the pit (aside from the obvious misery/suffering part). And, when does the original "God" show up? I'm thinking he's going to be a bit miffed about another creature trying to lay claim to the "all-powerful" title. I like that Crowley survived, and what he may bring to the table.

A bit disappointed in the finale, but the show is still better than most others.....
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:43 AM 07-23-2011
I don't think there's anything new in this, but it was the comic-con trailer.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 39
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up