ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Patriots tried to get Trent Williams
Mecca 08:03 AM 08-22-2019
The funniest part of the story, they offered a 1st and the Redskins said it wasn't enough.

I'm not even sure Williams is worth a 1 considering he hasn't played a full season since 2013 and he's only done it 2 times oh and he's 31.
[Reply]
O.city 12:11 PM 08-22-2019
Brandon Cooks
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:20 PM 08-22-2019
Patriots are too cheap to have Trent Williams and they win too much. That's the two things they have going against them when it comes to trading for top tier players.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:23 PM 08-22-2019
[Redskins insider JP Finlay] It was a few weeks ago, but the Redskins indeed turned down Patriots offer of first-round pick for Trent Williams, per source... "It’s believed the Redskins want a first and a second-round pick"
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:36 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
This makes zero sense.
My thoughts exactly, right from the start.

Williams is 31 years old and has missed a few games every season over the course of the last few seasons.

The guy has clearly shown his intention to leave which actually slightly diminishes his value in a trade.

The Patriots have Isiah Wynn.

I'm sure the Pats showed some interest but a 1st round pick? I don't think so.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:39 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Brandon Cooks
Yep, forgot about him.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:14 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
[Redskins insider JP Finlay] It was a few weeks ago, but the Redskins indeed turned down Patriots offer of first-round pick for Trent Williams, per source... "It’s believed the Redskins want a first and a second-round pick"
I can see that for a team you know is winning the division and deep playoff run. That is basically a high 2nd and 3rd.

Probably hoping they can get a 1st from a team making the push and a 3rs.
[Reply]
Flying High D 01:18 PM 08-22-2019
Patrick Chung
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:01 PM 08-22-2019
I looked up Williams' contract. He is owed $10.8 million in BASE salary this year. The Patriots could barely squeeze that under the cap, but need a couple million for mid-year adjustments, etc.

So getting Williams would definitely mean either renegotiating his contract, or that of other Pats players to fit him in. Makes it alot less likely the rumor is real.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 06:13 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
They had an upper echelon LT.

Then he got uppity and the Texans traded him for peanuts.

Having Watson ruined because their owner was a racist **** is just deserts.
Honest question from a guy ignorant of the situation in Houston.... Why is the owner considered to be a racist for trading a player?
[Reply]
neech 06:24 PM 08-22-2019
He made the comment about inmates running the asylum that pissed everyone off and was taken as racist at the time.
Oh please.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:01 PM 08-22-2019
I can't find the article but someone somewhere said a straight up trade of Williams for Clowney makes the most sense. Both players are 1st-round talent, both players are disgruntled, and both players might be tough to re-sign and might be 1-year rentals. So why not flip them and see if they like their new situation? At this point, both the Texans and Redskins are getting no value out of them.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:01 PM 08-22-2019
I understand the value of an elite left tackle, but Washington is on drugs if they think they can get that return given the previously stated circumstances (also add in a 31 year old injury risk tackle demanding an elite level contract running into his decline)

Washington is delusional...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up