ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Welp. Looks like we need a RB.
KC Hawks 08:08 PM 11-30-2018
So who looks good in this upcoming draft?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:06 PM 01-30-2019
If you want to get a head start on a new Chiefs RB, look for a small school kid, DV. II maybe, that is a workhorse, decent receiver, lots of yards after contact.

He'll be a 6th or 7th rounder, or an UDFA.

Everything else is not happening. We have holes to fill, holes in which we have NO starter, we're not spending serious capital on a spot where we have 4 guys we could line up.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:07 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you want to get a head start on a new Chiefs RB, look for a small school kid, DV. II maybe, that is a workhorse, decent receiver, lots of yards after contact.

Everything else is not happening. We have holes to fill, holes in which we have NO starter, we're not spending serious capital on a spot where we have 4 guys we could line up.
But you didn't mention that he reminds you of Kareem Hunt.

I thought this thread was just about naming running backs and saying they have a little Kareem Hunt about them.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:29 PM 01-30-2019
Looks like we could buy him back... :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:20 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
But you didn't mention that he reminds you of Kareem Hunt.

I thought this thread was just about naming running backs and saying they have a little Kareem Hunt about them.
I know, right?

It's funny, but there's a definite psychological theme in which planet posters just miss a guy they liked and see him everywhere they look. Or the lack of him, the space in which he used to live...

it's sweet, really. Bunch of softies.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:01 AM 01-31-2019

Lol you still stuck on the fo not taking a rb eatly? :-) we'll see. I still believe they will be drafting a new one with the 3rd or 5th round pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:07 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lol you still stuck on the fo not taking a rb eatly? :-) we'll see. I still believe they will be drafting a new one with the 3rd or 5th round pick.
You still stuck on that they will, despite giving Williams an extension and how well he played?

You're right, we will see. :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:43 AM 01-31-2019
You still stuck on that they will, despite giving Williams an extension and how well he played?

You're right, we will see. :-)
Yes, because Williams is obviously on Todd Gurley money, right? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 01-31-2019
He's on starter money. They're committed to him.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:11 PM 01-31-2019
We should just sign Tevin Coleman.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:22 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's on starter money. They're committed to him.
Mark Ingram was on starter money too, Saints still drafted Kamara and also had Peterson on the roster as well. Damien Williams is decent and should be part of a rotation with a young stud RB imo. Copying NO with the one-two punch they have would take our offense to a different level as having a dangerous run game would mean hell for the opposition because they really couldn't defend us no matter what they do. We've got to learn from the two first halves against the Pats, those were the only reasons why we lost both times.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 01-31-2019
Mark Ingram was on starter money too, Saints still drafted Kamara and also had Peterson on the roster as well. Damien Williams is decent and should be part of a rotation with a young stud RB imo. Copying NO with the one-two punch they have would take our offense to a different level as having a dangerous run game would mean hell for the opposition because they really couldn't defend us no matter what they do. We've got to learn from the two first halves against the Pats, those were the only reasons why we lost both times.
The Chiefs drafted their rotational back last year. The also have Spencer Ware.

RB is NOT a need.
[Reply]
jonzie04 02:58 PM 01-31-2019
I’d love to have Bryce love in the second. Reminds me of Jamaal Charles. He’s gonna be a stud. I would have drafted him in the first pre injury.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:32 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We should just sign Tevin Coleman.
Any idea the money he’d need?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 01-31-2019
For the record, Ty Johnson looked awfully good in the Shrine Game.

That's still my guy provided that he doesn't work himself into the early rounds. It would really depend on the board (as all things) but I really think he could slide into the 5th and he'd be a perfect fit, IMO.

He may be a little too much like Damien Williams for some people's tastes but I think he can be an awfully solid back in this system.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:07 PM 01-31-2019
you don't need a RB to be on Todd Gurley money.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up