ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rivers...I dunno...I can't hate this guy
mdchiefsfan 01:10 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
If he beat us all the time I'd hate him, but he doesn't so I don't.
This is probably the best explanation for how I feel about Rivers.

I enjoyed an interview of his after the game (separate from the presser in OP). You could tell he enjoys the game for the game it is.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...-to-win-it-all

Originally Posted by :
It’s hard to be a Kansas City Chiefs fan sometimes. So many years of greatness — and yet, so many years of bitter disappointment, too. Once in a while, it’s useful to take an opportunity to step back — to see what the team looks like from outside our little bubble.

Such an opportunity presented itself after the Chiefs had defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 31-21 on Sunday afternoon.

The point of view was that of Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, who had just completed what could end up being his final game with the team — or perhaps even in the NFL.

There’s nothing like competing at this level and living out a dream — even in a situation where you’re 5-10,” he told reporters. “I was asked earlier this week, ‘What’s the motivation?’ The motivation is that I’m 38 years old — and I get to play the Kansas City Chiefs at this place. Are you kidding me? That’s the motivation.”

Rivers said he spent a little extra time mingling with other players after the final gun.

“Well first of all, I was trying to see as many Chiefs players as possible — so that I could wish them the best moving forward,” he said. “Knowing that you’re one of 12 teams and there is more football left — and to find out that they get a bye now is awesome.
Can’t hate a guy that is enjoying what he is doing.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:19 AM 01-01-2020
I would have been fine with Rivers as Chiefs QB in his prime. Tough as nails. He could have helped a lot of teams make playoffs.
I like the guy.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:25 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I would have been fine with Rivers as Chiefs QB in his prime. Tough as nails. He could have helped a lot of teams make playoffs.
I like the guy.
Indeed. Imagine him at QB instead of say...Cassel...might have been able to take it all the way.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:23 AM 01-01-2020
I don't have any issues with him, he fights hard and can play... but, he was really a brash super douche after his first 3-4 years in the league.

Won the division his first 4 seasons with 14, 11, 8 (yes 8) and 13 wins. They were en fuego and then in 2010, it all spiraled downward with a 7, 8 and 9 wins until 2018 when they finished 2nd with 12 and now back to a 4th place finish.

Tomlinson left in 2010 and they just never really recovered.
[Reply]
GoChargers 10:06 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Tomlinson left in 2010 and they just never really recovered.
The decline had nothing to do with LT leaving. The Chargers had the league's #1 offense the season after he left, and only missed the playoffs because of one of the most inept special teams units in NFL history.

The real issues are that the Chargers started drafting poorly, kept Norv way too long and then hired Milquetoast McCoy to replace him.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:36 AM 01-01-2020
When I think of him, the first thing that comes to mind was Marty taking him when Eli would not come to San Diego.

Never forget his fumble at the end of the game a few years ago that allowed the Chiefs to win when all he had to do was not fumble in order to win.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:31 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by GoChargers:
The decline had nothing to do with LT leaving. The Chargers had the league's #1 offense the season after he left, and only missed the playoffs because of one of the most inept special teams units in NFL history.

The real issues are that the Chargers started drafting poorly, kept Norv way too long and then hired Milquetoast McCoy to replace him.
Want a an afternoon of wistful remembrance?

[Reply]
rtmike 05:53 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by GoChargers:

They should have let Marty hire his brother, lol.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:26 AM 01-01-2020
He needs new surroundings..like five years ago.

good dude.

tough player.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:36 AM 01-01-2020
Pretty sure I saw a photo of him and Jones hugging it out after the game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:40 AM 01-01-2020
Fun to cheer against on the field.

Easy to pull for off it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:41 AM 01-01-2020
Great guy off the field.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:42 AM 01-01-2020
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/12/...-fan-chargers/

“First of all, I was trying to see as many of those Chiefs guys as I could and wish ’em the best moving forward. Knowing that feeling that there’s more football left and you’re one of 12 is exciting and then to obviously find out that they get a bye and all… I love to go at it with those guys, as everybody knows, but I also have a great respect for guys and how they play and how hard they play, so afterward you wish them the best and tell them, ‘Go get em!'”

Later on, Rivers was asked about his verbal sparring with Chris Jones and what he thought of the Chiefs defensive tackle. You might be surprised at what he said.

“That was the first play of the game and I thought my leg was broke but thankfully it wasn’t,” said Rivers. “It was one of those deals where I thought it was a little cheap, just because I didn’t think he had to finish me. It was already called underneath and then he kinda finished me. But again, we talked after the game and even during a little break in the action. Shoot, it’s all good. Some of that is good for me to get me going a little bit. But shoot, what a player he is now. He’s up there, if not one, he’s a close second [among] defensive tackles in the league. He’s a heckuva player.”
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:50 AM 01-01-2020
I've always liked rivers and the chargers are by far my least hated divisional rival (I still dislike the Seahawks more). But I think I like him more because they've never won anything. If his teams would have ever been great I think he would have become unbearable.
I would liken him to Stafford in that sense as someone else did but I've never gotten the impression that stafford would ever be anything other than what he is. I wish stafford would have a true contending team before he retires; rivers, I hope plays out his career on the chargers and maybe makes the playoffs as a wildcard a couple more times.
[Reply]
2bikemike 09:52 AM 01-01-2020
I can't say I hate the guy. But I always enjoyed watching him lose.

I wish him the best of luck in his life after football. I really believe he should walk away and enjoy his baseball team size family.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up