ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 103
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:25 PM 09-15-2018
Btw Hamas is my guy. I have no beef with him I think he was joking with me. When I'm in Como this coming April for a wedding I got a bottle of Blantons for us. I hope Busby pulls up too. Good man right there. Best college football takes on this board.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:05 AM 09-16-2018
Blanton's might bruise my vagina.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:56 AM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Blanton's might bruise my vagina.
Hell no. You were there for me when I went through the hardest time of my life. It will always be Go Big Red and Hamas will always be my guy. I'll stuff Whiskey down your gullet it whether you want it or not. Fuck you mother fucker!
[Reply]
Frazod 12:59 PM 09-21-2018
So, how completely do we get our shit pushed in tomorrow?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:06 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Enough to knock Lock out of the 1st round. If Georgia doesn't do it on their own Alabama will be more than happy to finish the job.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:09 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Here's the good news - how much worse can GA's passing offense really maul us? I mean seriouly - is Fromme gonna throw for 650 yards? Seems unlikely.

I don't think UGA can possibly gouge us any worse than Purdue did, as weird as that sounds. It's just not possible given the amount of time/yards are available on the field.

So I expect we'll see another shootout and I don't think it's a given that we get smoked with Lock at Faurot. Kid balls out at home and can throw the ball with anyone in the NCAA. If Hall is remotely healthy and Knox continues to look comfortable, Lock has weapons for days and can match score for score with UGA, IMO.

I think we'll lose by 10ish after Georgia kinda pulls away in the 4th, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a lead at some point in the 3rd.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:15 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's the good news - how much worse can GA's passing offense really maul us? I mean seriouly - is Fromme gonna throw for 650 yards? Seems unlikely.

I don't think UGA can possibly gouge us any worse than Purdue did, as weird as that sounds. It's just not possible given the amount of time/yards are available on the field.

So I expect we'll see another shootout and I don't think it's a given that we get smoked with Lock at Faurot. Kid balls out at home and can throw the ball with anyone in the NCAA. If Hall is remotely healthy and Knox continues to look comfortable, Lock has weapons for days and can match score for score with UGA, IMO.

I think we'll lose by 10ish after Georgia kinda pulls away in the 4th, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a lead at some point in the 3rd.
That's.... more hopeful that I expected. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:16 PM 09-21-2018
Hey, if that happens I'll be estatic. His track record against superior competition speaks for itself, though.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:33 PM 09-21-2018
We’re gonna get smoked, no doubt about it.

But Lock will probably still throw for 300+ and 3-4 TD’s, with probably a couple picks mixed in, so I doubt it hurts his Heisman candidacy that much.

Now, that being said, if Missouri pulls off a miracle and Lock matches Fromme TD for TD in a high scoring affair and Mizzou somehow eeks out a win, he instantly becomes the front runner for the Heisman trophy and Mizzou vaults into the Top 20 and all of Mizzou nation celebrates (until Bama delivers the reality check 2 weeks later).

But, again, we gonna get smoked . . . . .
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:41 PM 09-21-2018
It's a shame Lock couldn't have played with the talent that Daniel or Franklin did. MU would have had a national championship more than likely.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:57 PM 09-21-2018
What does Mizzou's QB situation look like after Lock (wins the Heisman and) graduates?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:21 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What does Mizzou's QB situation look like after Lock (wins the Heisman and) graduates?
Not good. Not good at all.

The undersized transfer from LSU (who got a scholarship offer because their 3 other QBs all flaked so they threw the local boy a scholly at the last minute because they knew he'd say yes). They also got a kid from Ohio (Bazalek) that is kindof a poor man's Luck. Taller kid, pocket passer with a decent arm.

But the problem is that you could pretty easily call Kirk Farmar a poor man's Luck if you felt so inclined and that shit couldn't cut it in the Big 12, let alone the SEC.

They have a couple of serviceable backups, IMO, and that's about it. They needed a bit time QB recruit last cycle and their guy abandoned ship during their losing streak; went to A&M. Best thing I can say about Bazalek is that Georgia evidently offered him and actually had their QB coach recruiting him so that's a decent sign.

He's the best shot we have at a true long-term starter but he's raw and he's young. He doesn't have the raw talent of Lock and he'd get eaten alive as a true freshman.

Gentlemen - enjoy 2018 as much as you can because '19 ain't gonna be pretty. If we're lucky, '20 sees some dividends from there but this is as talented and deep a roster as we'll see in a long time. On offense it's possibly as good as we've ever had (even the Maclin/Daniel years). The defense has more talent than it's showed to this point but I think part of the problem is that their weakness in the secondary is just so easily exploited and the lack of athleticism in the LB corps just makes it worse.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:24 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't follow them as close as I used to when I was in HS, but I think we have a couple of fairly decent prospects waiting in line to battle it out next year.

2019 4* commit- Connor Bazelak - he's the number 13 ranked pro style qb and the 10th best recruit in Ohio.

Then we have a juco QB who is a Sophomore this year - Lindsay Scott - he was the number 1 pro style juco QB.

I'm thinking more than likely it'll be Bazelak as a true fresman next year. Hopefully he's a bad ass.
[Reply]
Best22 03:25 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hey, if that happens I'll be estatic. His track record against superior competition speaks for itself, though.
He threw 4 touchdowns against Georgia last time they played, on the road.

As long as Lock puts up good numbers he can be a first rounder

Did losing to superior teams knock Mahomes out of the first round?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't follow them as close as I used to when I was in HS, but I think we have a couple of fairly decent prospects waiting in line to battle it out next year.

2019 4* commit- Connor Bazelak - he's the number 13 ranked pro style qb and the 10th best recruit in Ohio.

Then we have a juco QB who is a Sophomore this year - Lindsay Scott - he was the number 1 pro style juco QB.

I'm thinking more than likely it'll be Bazelak as a true fresman next year. Hopefully he's a bad ass.
Scott was so bad in summer practices that he fell behind Micah Wilson and Taylor Powell - those guys barely had any power 5 offers. Lowary may be ahead of him as well and I'm not sure why he got a scholarship at all. Scott's JUCO ranking is misleading; his HS ranking was barely a 3-star guy.

All 4 of the guys behind Lock right now are equally unacceptable for SEC conference play. None of them are demonstrably better or more capable of excelling against an SEC defense than the other 3. They're all borderline backups and little else.

That's one of my greatest frustrations with Odom - you have a half-dozen QBs with exceptionally successful college careers over the last decade+ here, some of whom are cashing NFL game checks. Yet you can't manage to pull together a better QB room than Kansas for 2019 when the starters gig is going to be wide open? That recent history and the pedigree of the SEC and he's still picking up scraps.

Pretty damn poor, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 103
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up