ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 383
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:35 AM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by The Pedestrian:
Only if you made it to the actual bar in Munich. :-)
If you think I lived there for three years and didn't, well. :-)
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:44 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
They're expanding their distribution significantly. I used to mainly get it when we went to Florida on vacation. Even in Florida they have pretty limited offerings (Lager and Black and Tan). According to my brother who lived in Allentown, PA for a while building log cabins, they have some really good beers that aren't widely distributed. Lord Chesterfield Ale and the Porter were his two favorites.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/b...ear-you-130381

America's oldest beer maker, D.G. Yuengling & Son Inc., announced plans to expand this week. Are you familiar with this sought-after beer?

Remember the first beer you learned to order in a bar? You know, your go-to choice when you were too young to know much about beer except that you were happy to get it? Yuengling (pronounced ying-ling) was mine. It sounded a lot cooler than Bud or Miller and tasted better, too. In and around Syracuse, NY, while I was at college, this strategy worked great. However, when I tried to place my standard order at my hometown bar in Michigan, I was in for a surprise. No one had heard of it!

Currently, Yuengling is only offered in the following states: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. Limited distribution is one of the factors that has kept this 181-year-old brewer strong against larger American distributors, according to this week's Wall Street Journal profile. Based in Pennsylvania, Yeungling has announced plans to purchase a former Coors brewery in Memphis, TN, which would expand distribution into previously uncharted territory. The company now has two breweries, one located in Pottsville, PA and another in Tampa, FL.

Yeungling is best known for its traditional lager and black and tan beers. Like many other beer makers, they are also pushing a new light beer with reduced calories. Although I'm spoiled to now live in New York and have Yuengling at my disposal, I'd like them to expand to Michigan so I can order it when I visit as well. I also hope they expand distribution to Ohio, if only to benefit the guy so passionate about the idea that he created a website called BringYuenglingToOhio.com. Make it happen, Yeungling!
Are you looking forward to the Yeungling expansion?
Yuengling has been all over the place in Alabama for years. Why? It turns out that two of the Yuengling daughters went to college at the University of Alabama. Weird world.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:57 PM 11-08-2010
Over the last few days:

2009 Founders Backwoods Bastard
Old Capitol Brew Works Espresso Stout
Peace Tree Hop Wrangler
Millstream Iowa Pale Ale
Millstream Back Road Stout
Gulden Draak
Goose Island Honker's Ale

Enjoying right now, super-duper-fresh:
Boulevard [Smokestack Series] 21st Anniversary Fresh Hop Pale Ale
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:17 PM 11-08-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Over the last few days:

2009 Founders Backwoods Bastard
Old Capitol Brew Works Espresso Stout
Peace Tree Hop Wrangler
Millstream Iowa Pale Ale
Millstream Back Road Stout
Gulden Draak
Goose Island Honker's Ale

Enjoying right now, super-duper-fresh:
Boulevard [Smokestack Series] 21st Anniversary Fresh Hop Pale Ale
I like the Draak.

I also have a bottle of the 21st Anniversary in my fridge right now. I hoped to drink it in celebration yesterday. No dice. Looking forward to popping the cork this Sunday.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 10:55 PM 11-08-2010
has anybody ever had Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA?

OMG it's amazing

Over the last couple of weeks I had the pleasure of trying:

Magic Hat #9 *not quite pale ale*
Anchor Steam
Dogfish Punkin
Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA
Dogfish 90 minute IPA
Harpoon's White Ale
Smithwicks Irish Ale

I have made a serious commitment to try a new type of beer that I have never tried before every time I go to the liquor store. Only been disappointed once really, that's when I got a beer called Wild Blue, made by *Blue Dawg brewing company* out of Cali. But, it was terrible and I googled it and it's fucking Anheuser-busch. They tricked me.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:19 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool:
has anybody ever had Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA?

OMG it's amazing
That's a pretty crazy beer. I prefer it aged. It turns into a fairly splendid barleywine after a couple of years, considering the insane amount of malt sugar in that beer.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:30 AM 11-09-2010
Pumking is a definite contender.
Yeah - had a Pumking too recently. Not bad but not as good as the Schlafly and the wife didn't like that one.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:40 AM 11-09-2010
Peace Tree Hop Wrangler
Did you try that on my recommendation or was it pure luck?

I grew up with the owner of that place. They just opened earlier this year. Great stuff. Have some in my fridge. I dig their Red Rambler and Cornucopia
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:50 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Did you try that on my recommendation or was it pure luck?

I grew up with the owner of that place. They just opened earlier this year. Great stuff. Have some in my fridge. I dig their Red Rambler and Cornucopia
Neither; I knew about Peace Tree before your recommendation.

It was on-tap at Short's (burger place w/ insane-good fries. All Iowa ingredients). I pretty much really liked everything about Hop Wrangler except the taste. I don't know if it was just this keg or what, but there was an extreme amount of phenols in that Belgian IPA. It took on the taste of burning plastic.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:17 AM 11-09-2010
That's disgusting. Which day were you at Shorts? I'll let Megan know about it.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:41 AM 11-09-2010
That's disgusting. Which day were you at Shorts? I'll let Megan know about it.
I was there on Thursday, November 4th.
[Reply]
Craven 09:43 AM 11-09-2010
dogfish head imperial ale...anchor steam is good as well
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:45 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by Craven:
dogfish head imperial ale...anchor steam is good as well
Which beer is that? You're misremembering the name of a Dogfish Head beer or leaving something off.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:52 AM 11-09-2010
She already responded. I straight up cut and pasted what you said:

Thanks Phil! We always want to know if someone isn't happy with our beers. I told Joe, our brewmaster and we are going to have our guy check on it when he delivers. This beer has been our best seller so I am sure it was something with that particular situation, either the keg, the taplines or leftover sanitizer in the glass.

I hope he will try us again!
Megan
[Reply]
Reaper16 06:23 PM 11-09-2010
She already responded. I straight up cut and pasted what you said:

Thanks Phil! We always want to know if someone isn't happy with our beers. I told Joe, our brewmaster and we are going to have our guy check on it when he delivers. This beer has been our best seller so I am sure it was something with that particular situation, either the keg, the taplines or leftover sanitizer in the glass.

I hope he will try us again!
Megan
I'd definitely try them again. I didn't presume the error with the beer to be the fault of Short's. Those fries are so good that they demand a revisit next time I find myself in Iowa City. I hope you can tell Megan that: those fries are awesome.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 383
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up