ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 394 of 3903
« First < 294344384390391392393394 3953963973984044444948941394 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:20 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
While this is true, the economy was in great shape before this happened. Which I would hope would mean a recovery would be easier. I don't know how to properly say this, but I wouldn't preoccupy myself in a bad economy strictly based on an unavoidable virus. That is just bad luck. If we had a bad economy, down turning even more before this that is scarier to me. Yes there will be hard times for all, but hopefully our previously strong economy will boon even further once we rid this from the world and we can revel and celebrate success together. Maybe it could, gasp, unify us the way 9/11 did. At least temporarily.
Your best post ever!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:20 PM 03-17-2020
Email from Quest diagnostics. I thought after the press conference that Quest and Labcorp would be doing testing. But, it looks like they are just going to process the specimens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not go to a Quest patient service center. Quest does not collect COVID-19 specimens – only your doctor can do this
[Reply]
eDave 07:21 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
People all around me getting laid off.
[Reply]
eDave 07:22 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Your best post ever!!
I tend to agree. With him.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:23 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oregon schools now closed thru April 28th.
So the hippies are scared. Shocking. It’s amazing how that state has went to shit over the last 30 years.
[Reply]
TLO 07:24 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Email from Quest diagnostics. I thought after the press conference that Quest and Labcorp would be doing testing. But, it looks like they are just going to process the specimens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not go to a Quest patient service center. Quest does not collect COVID-19 specimens – only your doctor can do this
I never took it that way. I always just assumed they were progressing specimens I guess?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
People all around me getting laid off.
Hearing it all over too. We are seeing it on this board too. Our economy is build on people spending money. I don't need an economics degree to know we are in trouble.

Asking and in some cases mandating that those spenders stay at home is going to hurt everyone. Good thing is once this spread stops, we can go back out and spend money but, you may not have a job by then.
[Reply]
wazu 07:26 PM 03-17-2020
Hearing it all over too. We are seeing it on this board too. Our economy is build on people spending money. I don't need an economics degree to know we are in trouble.

Asking and in some cases mandating that those spenders stay at home is going to hurt everyone. Good thing is once this spread stops, we can go back out and spend money but, you may not have a job by then.
It's foolish and stupid. FUCK! We are really doing this. To ourselves!
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 PM 03-17-2020
We need to face facts and meet the challenge. We will eventually be okay. The economy and jobs will come back. Its just going to take awhile.
It'd be easier to face the facts if we knew what we were truly looking at. At this point we have no idea, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:26 PM 03-17-2020
Look, you want to go ballistic, go right ahead.

But they already have at least two positive results from tests they've done using the HIV vaccine and one other one.

That is a fact.

It won't be all that long before they announce that they have a vaccine ready for production and throw up a timetable for how long it'll take to get everyone vaccinated. And once they announce that, the market will reverse course, your 401(k) or whatever will start growing again, and everyone will start going back to work.

This is temporary.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:27 PM 03-17-2020
NYC locking down like SF. I expect most major cities will do the same in weeks to come.
[Reply]
TLO 07:29 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Look, you want to go ballistic, go right ahead.

But they already have at least two positive results from tests they've done using the HIV vaccine and one other one.

That is a fact.

It won't be all that long before they announce that they have a vaccine ready for production and throw up a timetable for how long it'll take to get everyone vaccinated. And once they announce that, the market will reverse course, your 401(k) or whatever will start growing again, and everyone will start going back to work.

This is temporary.
I just wish we knew if/when we could expect the antiviral's.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:29 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
So the hippies are scared. Shocking. It’s amazing how that state has went to shit over the last 30 years.
Can’t wait for a vaccine to be ready that you’ll refuse.

Lulz
[Reply]
TLO 07:30 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
NYC locking down like SF. I expect most major cities will do the same in weeks to come.
Where are you seeing this?
[Reply]
eDave 07:30 PM 03-17-2020
It's foolish and stupid. FUCK! We are really doing this. To ourselves!
I will say again... When social media started, I knew we were fucked as a society. More fucked than when 24/7 news cycles started.

I hate knowing the deepist, most inner thoughts of humans (including my friends). Maybe I've been naive.

AI sounds like a good alternative to me.
[Reply]
Page 394 of 3903
« First < 294344384390391392393394 3953963973984044444948941394 > Last »
Up