ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 341
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:46 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Just bought a used Mossberg 500 from a local pawn shop. It's everything I've wanted in a shotgun: 12ga, extended magazine, wood furniture, ported barrel, milled receiver for after market gadgets, factory sights. It still had the stickers on it, although I know it was fired as I had to clean the gun. Got it for $285:
Nice. Great price, too. :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 01:49 PM 05-13-2017
I'll never stop buying guns. I like collectible guns too much. I'm looking to buy a Tavor X95 for police work as well.
[Reply]
notorious 05-13-2017, 08:21 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
bdj23 10:11 AM 05-14-2017
http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-...dom-rifle.html

God damn

If this deal is still around after i get back from Europe, I'm picking it up.
[Reply]
Munson 10:31 AM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Now's the time to buy an AR. The prices are soooo low it's crazy. I'd do it now. Even though we have Republicans in the majority in congress and Trump in the WH, don't think for a second that DC won't throw law abiding Americans an anti-second amendment curve ball.
These are the "good ol' days" of buying an AR15. Five or ten years from now we'll all regret not buying more when they were under $500.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:38 AM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
These are the "good ol' days" of buying an AR15. Five or ten years from now we'll all regret not buying more when they were under $500.
It's like the 90's with SKS rifles.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:11 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It's like the 90's with SKS rifles.
My best friend has one of those. That was my first experience with stripper clips, and long before the days of YouTube. We were fumbling around with that thing like a couple of apes. :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:19 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-...dom-rifle.html

God damn

If this deal is still around after i get back from Europe, I'm picking it up.
:-) That is a great deal. It's hard not to love PSA... just don't be in a rush to receive your stuff (that should be their tag line).
[Reply]
bdj23 01:16 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My best friend has one of those. That was my first experience with stripper clips, and long before the days of YouTube. We were fumbling around with that thing like a couple of apes. :-)
My dad picked up a Norinco SKS for like $100 back in the mid 90's from a gun show in Topeka. I saw one in a rack at Cabelas a few months ago with a $700+ price tag on it.
[Reply]
Otter 01:58 PM 05-14-2017
I stepped into some shit this weekend. One of my hunting buddies passed away last month (no kids, older gentleman, not unexpected) and left me two damn good rifles.

The upper one is a Remington Model 700 .270. The second one I've shot many times with him and absolutely fell in love with the rifle which is why I'm guessing he kept me in mind. It's a Winchester Model 70 30-06 with a floating barrel and probably a couple other bells and whistles I don't know about.

I could put a round up gnat's ass with that rifle at 150 yards.

If anyone if familiar with the rifles please post some inside knowledge. All my rifles are made by Savage.
Attached: IMG_0331.jpg (94.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:47 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
I stepped into some shit this weekend. One of my hunting buddies passed away last month (no kids, older gentleman, not unexpected) and left me two damn good rifles.

The upper one is a Remington Model 700 .270. The second one I've shot many times with him and absolutely fell in love with the rifle which is why I'm guessing he kept me in mind. It's a Winchester Model 70 30-06 with a floating barrel and probably a couple other bells and whistles I don't know about.

If anyone if familiar with the rifles please post some inside knowledge. All my rifles are made by Savage.
Congrats on the new rigs. Sorry about your friend.
[Reply]
Munson 02:51 PM 05-14-2017

Sorry about your buddy.

Check the serial number on that Winchester. If its a pre-'64 Model 70, it will be worth quite a bit more than a post-'64.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 05-14-2017

Sorry for your loss, but it's cool that he left them to you.
[Reply]
Otter 03:44 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
Sorry about your buddy.

Check the serial number on that Winchester. If its a pre-'64 Model 70, it will be worth quite a bit more than a post-'64.
http://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php

If this website is correct the return on the serial # gave me: "The year of manufacture for serial number xxxxx is 1938"

If correct that's absolutely amazing because except for the scope being banged up the gun is almost flawless. I don't plan on selling either but I do want to get them added to the insurance records.

Wow, if this data is correct.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:46 AM 05-16-2017
$400 for a DPMS Panther Oracle with iron sights and a quad rail. This is an amazing deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-orac...m-package.html
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:53 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
$400 for a DPMS Panther Oracle with iron sights and a quad rail. This is an amazing deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-orac...m-package.html
I paid considerably more for my DPMS AR-10 - but the damn thing is a tack driver. I don't give a damn about that the "experts" say about DPMS - but I know 2-3 other guys who have both the 15 and the 10 (as well as myself) and we all have the same opinion - damn fine rifles.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 341
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up