ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 184 of 205
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Pitt Gorilla 06:55 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, it absolutely does. I'm also not saying that cops don't treat black people differently, especially in predominantly black neighborhoods.

All I'm saying is that there's more to the formula than just skin color.

And I also shouldn't have been so curt in saying that resisting arrest was the problem, as if it is the only problem. Police brutality, against everyone, is a problem in this country. We've all heard stories of white women being cavity searched repeatedly for no reason. No, it's not murder but it is rape, and it's still wrong.
Excellent post.
Mecca 06:56 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll tell you about Jason Whitlock: He's an opportunist that's playing all of you guys like drum.

Whitlock was hired in KC back in 1994 and was quickly controversial due to his "Hot Takes". He parlayed his success at the Star into a local radio show, then was hired by ESPN, the largest sports broadcasting network in history and since, his career has been on a downhill slide to the point where he's doing "Podcasts".

He's working you guys. He's telling you exactly what you want to hear. He's not "keeping it real", he's pandering to his "audience" because he knows all too well what you guys want to hear.

Real networks want nothing to do with him.
I said this 2 days ago and got taken to task by the resident conservatives.
ping2000 06:57 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Anyone who argues college basketball is better than the NBA is making a ridiculous argument.
I enjoy watching college more. Its not all about individual talent, I also enjoy the rivalries. To each his own. I don't think that is a ridiculous argument.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
staylor26 06:57 PM 08-26-2020
I said this 2 days ago and got taken to task by the resident conservatives.
And you’re still fucking wrong.
DaneMcCloud 06:58 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And you’re still fucking wrong.
Dude, Whitlock is out in LA at the clubs all the time, or was, before the pandemic.

Do you really believe, even for a second, that he was hanging out with White people?
Mecca 06:58 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
I enjoy watching college more. Its not all about individual talent, I also enjoy the rivalries. To each his own. I don't think that is a ridiculous argument.

The athletes on an NBA floor are fucking ridiculous. The reasons people like college generally have to do with reasons that go beyond just the quality of play.
staylor26 06:59 PM 08-26-2020
Dude, Whitlock is out in LA at the clubs all the time, or was, before the pandemic.

Do you really believe, even for a second, that he was hanging out with White people?
I don’t care who he was hanging out with in LA.

What does that have to do with anything? If you want to challenge his argument on it’s merits, then fine, do so. The rest of this is just bullshit.

Even if he doesn’t mean it (I don’t believe that for a second in this case), he’s STILL right. He’s also far from the only black person saying this. Are they all lying about their opinions?
ping2000 07:00 PM 08-26-2020
I'm interested to see what the end game is here. What do the players want to see happen, if anything, before they play again?

DaneMcCloud 07:01 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t care who he was hanging out with in LA.

What does that have to do with anything? If you want to challenge his argument on his merits, then fine, do so. The rest of this is just bullshit.

Even if he doesn’t mean it, he’s STILL right.
He doesn't mean it and only says so to earn a living.

Whether he's "right or wrong" is a matter of opinion, I suppose, but don't fool yourself because he's only doing it to earn money.

He's a phony.
ping2000 07:02 PM 08-26-2020
The athletes on an NBA floor are fucking ridiculous. The reasons people like college generally have to do with reasons that go beyond just the quality of play.
Agree. I never said the college players were more talented. I have a college team I follow. I never latched on to a NBA team.

petegz28 07:04 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm just curious regarding your sudden interest and need to dictate policy to the NBA.

It's strange, though, that you used some bizarre line about work to try to justify it, though.
No you're not. You just want to be a dick as usual.
Mecca 07:04 PM 08-26-2020

Whether he's "right or wrong" is a matter of opinion, I suppose, but don't fool yourself because he's only doing it to earn money.

He's a phony.
That's what outkick is, a couple of dudes that realized using conservative talking points in sports would make them money.
petegz28 07:05 PM 08-26-2020
The athletes on an NBA floor are ****ing ridiculous. The reasons people like college generally have to do with reasons that go beyond just the quality of play.
I don't think anyone is saying college players are more talented. But run with it....
Mecca 07:06 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't think anyone is saying college players are more talented. But run with it....
Well when someone says it's better...
staylor26 07:08 PM 08-26-2020

He's a phony.
Regardless, there are many more Blacks who share his opinion on all of this and they aren’t all phonies.

I just used him as an example, but are all of their voices not just as important? Some of them are absolutely sick of the victim narrative and believe it does more harm than good for the black community.

Take Thomas Sowell for instance, his voice is absolutely more important than Lebron James and Doc Rivers for the simple fact that he’s more intelligent than either of those guys.
Page 184 of 205
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194 > Last »
Up