[Reply]
keg in kc 01:20 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Recently, Jaime Fox has signed on
Jeremy Renner, too. As Twitch.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:21 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Justice League had the same problem that a lot of Marvel movies had - just an incredible wrote, bland villain. But I thought the 'league' was pretty good; well casted and well performed. They could put a little more effort into grumbly cyborg guy next time (the CGI looked dated from the moment the movie came out), but otherwise it falls in the same "okay - this is fine' sort of realm for me and with some genuinely interesting parts.

Then again, I don't hate Cavill's superman as much as everyone else does. And I really liked the optimistic sort of turn he took into what I would consider the 'golden age' Superman when he returned.

I thought Justice League was a nice step in the right direction but I'm betting they lose Affleck before they really find strong purchase.
Justice League and Whedon's Supes (CGI no stache aside) were a definite improvement from the previous entries in the franchise.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:29 PM 11-19-2018
Final trailer. I'm ready.

@aquamanmovie: See the final trailer for #Aquaman now and dive into a never before seen epic adventure - in theaters December 21. Get advance tickets: http://www.Fandango.com/AquamanMovie https://twitter.com/aquamanmovie/sta...637952/video/1
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:12 PM 11-19-2018
I was already going to go see this movie, this just hypes it up a notch for me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 11-19-2018
3 things.

1) I would still be more likely to see this movie if there were just 10 minutes of Amber Heard getting railed somewhere in there. They could tastefully integrate it into the plot - I'm fine with that.

2) I was watching the first Tim Burton Batman (Keaton) and realized that I've gotten 'origin story' fatigue. That movie started and Batman was just Batman. I guess there was some Joker origin in there but I didn't need to spend 40 minutes watching the hero build the batcave. I think audiences have kinda come to demand that in these massive universes but I kinda liked the 'hey - here's your superhero, enjoy' approach.

3) I don't like Willem DeFoe. I feel like I want to like him and I'm a bad moviegoer for not liking him. But I didn't even really care for him in John Wick. He's going to be chewing scenery at his own funeral; just over-acts something awful.
[Reply]
Fish 03:29 PM 11-19-2018

[Reply]
Bowser 07:09 PM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
3 things.

1) I would still be more likely to see this movie if there were just 10 minutes of Amber Heard getting railed somewhere in there. They could tastefully integrate it into the plot - I'm fine with that.

2) I was watching the first Tim Burton Batman (Keaton) and realized that I've gotten 'origin story' fatigue. That movie started and Batman was just Batman. I guess there was some Joker origin in there but I didn't need to spend 40 minutes watching the hero build the batcave. I think audiences have kinda come to demand that in these massive universes but I kinda liked the 'hey - here's your superhero, enjoy' approach.

3) I don't like Willem DeFoe. I feel like I want to like him and I'm a bad moviegoer for not liking him. But I didn't even really care for him in John Wick. He's going to be chewing scenery at his own funeral; just over-acts something awful.
1) Yes. God yes. She has an untethered sexual attraction to her. Hell yes. (Just try not to think about her jumping up and down on Johnny Depp's crazy ass to keep the insta-boner alive)

2) I think this is yet another angle where Marvel is way ahead of the curve over DC. In Infinity War, Thanos' Black Order were just part of the story without us knowing the who, what, when and where. I liked that, a lot. I hope they choose to do that more and more as new characters get introduced. You could kind of argue that Spiderman got the same treatment when he jumped ship to the Marvel Universe in Civil War, even if we all already knew THAT particular Spiderman's story. Incidentally, that was one of my personal problems with Justice League - so much backstory when we all know the stories.

3)
[Reply]
seaofred 10:25 AM 11-21-2018
I think in Justice League they had to do the back story thing. The DC universe just isn't as developed as Marvels to most audiences.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:13 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I was already going to go see this movie, this just hypes it up a notch for me.
Going to be crap. Spawn movie where spawn is rarely seen. Reason why Todd has never put his money where his mouth is. 25mil is chump change for him but yet he needs other to finance it? It will flop.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Going to be crap. Spawn movie where spawn is rarely seen. Reason why Todd has never put his money where his mouth is. 25mil is chump change for him but yet he needs other to finance it? It will flop.
He was talking Aquaman.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:11 PM 11-23-2018
this Aquaman movie looks so absurd & over the top that it might just be really entertaining . Fuck it, I'm seeing this one in IMAX
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:50 PM 11-23-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
this Aquaman movie looks so absurd & over the top that it might just be really entertaining . Fuck it, I'm seeing this one in IMAX
90% of the movie was shot in imax per wan. It looks great...the final trailer was solid
[Reply]
Hawk 12:55 AM 11-27-2018
Early buzz is pretty good on this. I'll see it for sure. Of course my wife would make sure of that, she'd leave me for Jason Momoa in a heartbeat!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:40 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Why is Scott Hall raping the woman?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 11-27-2018
Aquaman getting positive social media feedback. No official reviews yet.

@BatmanNewsCom: The embargo on social reactions to Aquaman has lifted and the comments are pouring in. So far? It's looking really, really positive and we're thrilled.

https://batman-news.com/2018/11/26/a...ial-reactions/

@andrewbdyce: Aquaman is a breathtakingly beautiful, weird, badass, FUN idea of a modern superhero fantasy (anime) and makes zero apologies. Second half's one cheer/laugh after another.

Imagine '80s Schwarzenegger starring in "Hideo Kojima's AVATAR" and you're most of the way there. #Aquaman https://twitter.com/andrewbdyce/stat...430720/photo/1

@GermainLussier: Aquaman is a big, fun, wild ride. It’s unabashedly melodramatic and over the top with the largest, most ambitious sense of scale imaginable. Parts of it are kind of bad but they are not the majority and, oddly, still fit in with the cartoony tone. 2nd best DCU movie. YEEEAAHH! https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/s...614720/photo/1

@elmayimbe: #Aquaman is AWESOME & absolutely delivers! Not only is @prideofgyypsies the King of Atlantis, but also the newly crowned King of the DCEU! I can't wait to see it again! https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...330817/video/1
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up