ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>What are you spinning?
rabblerouser 05:00 PM 04-14-2018
LPs, CDs, Concert DVDs...What you been listening to?

Recent spins :
Blackberry Smoke - Find A Light - LP
Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky - LP
Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won - Blu-Ray Audio
Jack White - Boarding House Reach - LP
Foo Fighters -Concrete & Gold - LP
Waylon Jennings - New Stuff - LP
Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie - LP
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - LP
Clutch - Elephant Riders - CD
Rolling Stones - Metamorphosis - Hybrid SACD
GloucesterChief 03:08 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
I'm too jaded to even entertain the idea that a collection of teen-aged girls achieved something monumental. Forgive me
They were in their early 20s when they started and had their planned break up in their mid 20s. They pretty much birthed the underground and alt idol scene.

It's almost like the pure as wind-driven snow culture you describe was ripe for some counter-culture

it's prolly happened thousands of times

The reason they attacked mainstream idol was because it only presented itself as pure as wind-driven snow while actually setting them up as objects of lust. BiS pretty much ripped the veil away and uglied up the typical idol perception. The members drank, smoked, openly flaunted sexuality sometimes while comparing the idol industry to prostitution at others. They trolled their hardcore fans while also stage diving and having hug sessions with them. The fans they eventually won over and pushed them up the charts came from punk, rock, and metal fans that finally had an idol group to call their own.

That and idol pretty much took over the Japanese pop scene a few years before. There is a reason why they named their studio albums Idol is Dead and Who Killed Idol?
rabblerouser 10:00 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Yes, but he did it in a genre that was known for being rebellious. Not in a genre that was known for being completely corporate controlled including contractual obligations for purity, wholesomeness, and chastity* while the idol groups were presented with a wink and a nod as sex objects to their fans.

*Idols are generally salaried employees of their talent agencies not as independent entities. This also means pay tends to be low.
Fair enough.
rabblerouser 10:11 PM 11-17-2018
just searched for The MMB. Gonna need to focus the search a bit, there's a lot out there that goes by The MMB

diggin' this though. Nice guitar :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AodmscR0sRI
thank you! MMB = The Marilyn Mayhem Band

Singer is like 4'3" and cute as a button, releasing an EP early next year
htismaqe 12:19 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sorry gents, but I'm not accepting a browbeating here

All art is rightfully in the mind of the beholder, and for many of us... maybe we're just not feeling the same magic from this new era of music, across several genres

I'm still waiting for the next truly dangerous rock n roll band
Did you infer that Nirvana was a "dangerous rock n roll band"? :-)
htismaqe 12:23 PM 11-19-2018
Sure wont be taking a dressing down from some guy your age, either

When you're throwing around the Black Keys as some kind of raucous rebellion, I'd beg to differ... the old days dont have to die, someone just needs to step up
I wonder how old you think I actually am? :-)
Easy 6 03:46 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I absolutely did, what do you disagree with?

I wonder how old you think I actually am? :-)
Whatever your age may be, I'm not accepting what you guys were trying to sell me earlier

Music, as we all know, is extremely subjective

We can debate it, we can discuss it, but lectures are out of the question... you'll note I didnt come in here shitting on peoples opinions
patteeu 04:16 PM 11-19-2018
I absolutely did, what do you disagree with?

Whatever your age may be, I'm not accepting what you guys were trying to sell me earlier

Music, as we all know, is extremely subjective

We can debate it, we can discuss it, but lectures are out of the question... you'll note I didnt come in here shitting on peoples opinions
I was just pointing out how wrong you are about the death of good music, Gramps. :-)

No one has lectured you or shit on your opinions. What you're experiencing is debate and discussion. I completely agree that music quality is a subjective matter. If you want to stick to the music of your youth, that's fine with me.
Easy 6 04:22 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I was just pointing out how wrong you are about the death of good music, Gramps. :-)

No one has lectured you or shit on your opinions. What you're experiencing is debate and discussion. I completely agree that music quality is a subjective matter. If you want to stick to the music of your youth, that's fine with me.
HEY **** YOU

---

:-)
Randallflagg 04:36 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:

Well then, you will REALLY call ME "Gramps"........I just finished listening to (for the 800th time) Steppenwolf's "Monster".

Next up - Gentle Giant "The Power and the Glory".....

Broaden your horizons into the past - it'll do you no harm and might even allow you to understand when "music" was actually "music" :-)

Now - GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :-)
GloucesterChief 05:44 PM 11-19-2018
Only to the hair bands that had long since devolved to self parody. To the culture in general? Not really.
Rivaldo 07:07 PM 11-19-2018
Goat. Both of these vids are worth a view, especially if you've never heard this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1xA6fBVdw

and the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QctoD57aYqw

go chiefies!
jimidollar 07:08 PM 11-19-2018
Went to see Ghost in El Paso on Nov. 9th. Best show I've ever seen. Anybody else listen to Ghost?
Rivaldo 07:24 PM 11-19-2018
80's hair rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1m-qPr22aA?start=145&
Rivaldo 07:57 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
Went to see Ghost in El Paso on Nov. 9th. Best show I've ever seen. Anybody else listen to Ghost?
that 1 song of theirs I know

Rats!
Rivaldo 08:02 PM 11-19-2018
lol love the dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ijc7A5oAc
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up