ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 386
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 07-24-2017
The wolf that 'plays' Ghost is dead.

But that's not that big a deal; it's not like ghost had any markings to speak of. Would've been difficult if they didn't still have Nymeria to work with - that one is very distinct.

But if they want to bring back ghost (not sure what purpose he serves but fan service at this point), they easily could.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:07 AM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
So there must be more/other ships -- perhaps part of Yara's, that went to King's Landing, right? Else how the hell did the Unsullied get there?

Meanwhile, where the hell are the Dothraki? Dragonstone didn't look that big, or that inviting to horses. There's supposed to be massive horde of them. And they are more or less just missing ATM.

Side question -- where the hell is Jon's dire wolf, Ghost? He didnt' buy it, did he? I don't remember him dying, but I haven't seen him in forever.

You know Nymeria is going to be back, and help Arya in a time of need.

There's what? Just 5 more episodes this season, and 11 left TOTAL across two seasons to wrap all this up? Jesus, 11 hours doesn't seem like enough time, but it's more than the running time of the entire Lord of the Rings movies, so...
Aren't the dorthraki going to Casterly Rock with the unsullied? They said they didn't want the dorthraki going to Kingslanding if you watched the show.

Also just because we haven't seen ghost in a few episodes doesn't mean he's dead(although the "actor" is). We haven't seen Gendry since season three and he's still got a role to play.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Aren't the dorthraki going to Casterly Rock with the unsullied? They said they didn't want the dorthraki going to Kingslanding if you watched the show.

Also just because we haven't seen ghost in a few episodes doesn't mean he's dead(although the "actor" is). We haven't seen Gendry since season three and he's still got a role to play.
I believe it's just the Unsullied going to the Rock. My assumption is that the Dothraki are there protecting Dany.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:33 AM 07-24-2017
So are they going to sail all the way around the continent to get to Casterly Rock? Or do they plan on marching across the landscape?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:22 AM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
So now that Yara's fleet is eliminated and Dorne out of the equation, this makes Dany need Jon a bit more as an ally.

It's kind of awesome, though, because most people from the previews that the burning ships meant that the dragons burned up Euron's fleet. I don't remember if they showed dragons burning his ships in the trailers, but one of the actors had also said that they leaked and showed some false information to throw people off of the real plot.
I think Euron wrecking shit was pretty much foreshadowed. I'm glad Euron wrecked as hard as he did. The show needed a badass motherfucker since they've been killing off all the bad ass motherfuckers.

Euron fan here (now). I was also a huge Ramsay Bolton fan. I love me some badass psychopaths.

It's gonna suck to see those pretty Dornish girls get raped and tortured though.

Also, i agree with others. There's more plot holes through two episodes of this season than what we'd see in the entirety of previous seasons.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:44 AM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by Dylan:
This way Cersei can kill Tyene in front of her mother for murdering Myrcella.
Good call.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:48 AM 07-24-2017
Show needs more Bronn...or more humor in general.

Also wtf happened to Gendry? He's been on a boat to Kings Landing for like 4 years. Did the actor die in RL or something?
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:30 PM 07-24-2017
Littlefinger better do something quick, as Jon likely will find out from Tyrion what he did to Ned.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:33 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Littlefinger better do something quick, as Jon likely will find out from Tyrion what he did to Ned.
This was my thought and why I think Littlefinger is going to make his move rather quickly.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:35 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The show needed a badass motherfucker since they've been killing off all the bad ass motherfuckers.

Euron fan here (now).

Also, i agree with others. There's more plot holes through two episodes of this season than what we'd see in the entirety of previous seasons.

Agree! I was annoyed by his miracle fleet of 1000 ships at first, but somebody needed to kick up some embers. The fire was going out. I think the constant defeating of so many armies/groups/families to the point of ruin over the years has left them with very few realistic armies in Westeros. Dany was coming with a dominant force and I'm just going to have to let realism go and accept the magic fleet and the Tarly army turning on the Tyrells, even though in tradition of the kingdoms, Warden of the South really shouldn't be enough to entice a man like Tarly to turn without a royal marriage for his son available, and I can't imagine Dickon marrying Cersei, but if she turns down Euron again, I guess it is possible. They did recast an older actor for him. The Lannisters seem to have war proof numbers somehow over years of fighting, How can North get some of that magic?

Is Dorne out of it? The Martells are gone and the Sand snakes will be gone soon. The only other Dornish House mentioned in the show at all is the Daynes and we've seen nothing of them in the current time. The army wasn't destroyed though, but it may be a show simplification to just leave them out now.

Loved the Nymeria connect, and the callback to "That's not me." Also loved the callback when Jon told Littlefinger "You don't belong down here" after all his crypt dreams and not feeling like he belongs there.
[Reply]
Fish 12:41 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Show needs more Bronn...or more humor in general.

Also wtf happened to Gendry? He's been on a boat to Kings Landing for like 4 years. Did the actor die in RL or something?

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Arya will kill him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:53 PM 07-24-2017
I never read the books, but in the show the Dornish are a bunch of pussies. They've never been a threat to anyone. The Sand Snakes weren't bad ass at all.

They got 2v1'd by Euron, and then captured by some basic ass soldiers?

So disappointing.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:59 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Arya will kill him.
His end will come quickly unless he changes his situation very soon. Tyrion, Sandor, and probably Bran all know he betrayed Ned.

Of course, everyone could forget just like they forgot that Jon used to be dead, or like Dany forgot that Varys was on a ship with him for months.
[Reply]
underEJ 01:32 PM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I never read the books, but in the show the Dornish are a bunch of pussies. They've never been a threat to anyone. The Sand Snakes weren't bad ass at all.

They got 2v1'd by Euron, and then captured by some basic ass soldiers?

So disappointing.
Most book readers hate the Dornish portrayal in the show. Only Oberyn Martell and Arthur Dayne are any good at all, and Dayne was only there for a flashback. They don't suck in the books, except for one or two. They suck in the show because most of their storylines got left out. The revenge for Elia Martell storyline really only worked for Oberyn and then everybody else was stupid, especially Ellaria.

Disappointing across the board, and I guess probably best left out for the duration.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 386
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up