ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 30
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
mr. tegu 01:31 PM 01-13-2014
Has anyone else started watching this show? I am a sucker for this kind of thing and so far it has been very interesting. You can watch the first two episodes in the link below. Since this was filmed over the summer, if any of you have figured out what happens please use spoilers for anything that hasn't aired yet.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

For those who aren't familiar, very briefly, it is about an island on the eastern shore of Canada that is rumored to have buried treasure from possibly the Knights Templar dating back to the 1300s. In 1795 an apparent secret hiding space was discovered in which levels of wooden planks were buried every 10 feet. Digging down around a hundred feet, they found some gold link chain and a few other things. Eventually they dug to a point that causes the hold to be flooded by sea water as if it was some sort of boobie trap, which is believed to come from some type of tube that is out in the ocean.

Another person in the 1970s dug alongside the original hole but also got his hole flooded by sea water. These guys now who are on the show purchased most of the island and are trying to solve the mystery with help from the guys who dug their own hole in the 1970s. The hole curse aspect is just kind of meh and I don't really pay attention to it, but I am sure the producers just like the added element it presents. The mystery and adventure is really interesting. It is nice to see a show like this that is actually producing some results so far.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:27 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Didn't even watch one episode last year, yet what did I really miss lol?

Yeah its been dragged out far too long, what is this season 4 or 5?... something is definitely strange about the place, but I'm tired of waiting to see what it is
you are literally watching it as they uncover it. I doubt they find much, but the journey is fun.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:30 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by alanm:
Starts back up tonite. I've been following this show since the beginning. I hope they find what their looking for. If only for Dan Blankenship's sake.
Thanks for the heads up. I honestly didn't think there would be another season. I thought i had read that the brothers were already hesitant to do last season.
[Reply]
alanm 07:18 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If they find it, the show ends.
If they find what I think may be there. Ie.. plundered shit from the Mayan's and Aztecs the Spanish took and hid from the King and Queen of Spain. And or hidden loot from Henry St. Claire and the Knights Templar. There's evidence that both have been there. Moreso the Spanish.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:20 PM 11-07-2017
I was really annoyed that the diver was trying to chisel the rocks. All he had to do was grab the stuff laying on the ground.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:27 PM 11-08-2017
Didn't even watch one episode last year, yet what did I really miss lol?

Yeah its been dragged out far too long, what is this season 4 or 5?... something is definitely strange about the place, but I'm tired of waiting to see what it is
Exactly. The purpose of this show isn't to uncover a great mystery - it's to keep audiences watching commercials.

Just like Destination Unknown on Travel Channel. Dude goes in search of great mysteries every week. Never finds a goddamn thing. :-)
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:30 PM 11-08-2017
Kate Beckinsale
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:33 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just like Destination Unknown on Travel Channel. Dude goes in search of great mysteries every week. Never finds a goddamn thing. :-)
Oh yeah, I've watched a ton of those and it doesn't seem to matter what they find, as long as goofy ass Josh Gates gets to hear himself talk
[Reply]
jjjayb 01:19 PM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I just find it hard to believe people will sit though hours of watching these guys dig a hole.
Oh and let's recap what we showed you five minutes ago. And here's a preview of what we're going to show you five minutes from now. And always the one preview that they show over and over they say is coming up, but they don't get to it until the last 5 minutes, and by then you've already seen it 6 times.

I have never watched this show. How'd I do on the summary?

And yes, if by some miracle they ever did find anything. It'd be on the news and in the papers, not the season 4 finale. I'll wait for that. Notify me if that happens.
Nailed it. I just dvr it and fast forward through 80% of it. They spend an hour showing you 10 minutes worth of info.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:55 PM 11-09-2017
So what do you think that woven shit is down at the bottom of C1? Plus there was a metallic looking hook. It's hard to know if any of the shit they find is stuff that came from people that were hunting before or just random shit that washed into the cavernous underbelly of the island.

They're really making it seem like they found something big, but they've done that plenty of times before...
[Reply]
Frazod 06:10 PM 11-09-2017
Oh yeah, I've watched a ton of those and it doesn't seem to matter what they find, as long as goofy ass Josh Gates gets to hear himself talk
Yeah, he’s basically a likable Zak Bagans.

But at least Bagans occasionally finds stuff that’s compelling.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:38 PM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
So what do you think that woven shit is down at the bottom of C1? Plus there was a metallic looking hook. It's hard to know if any of the shit they find is stuff that came from people that were hunting before or just random shit that washed into the cavernous underbelly of the island.

They're really making it seem like they found something big, but they've done that plenty of times before...
the 'woven' shit looked like chain to me
[Reply]
kepp 11:46 AM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
My issue with this kind of show is that any legit evidence would be all over news sources immediately. You wouldn't just be hearing about it on a TV show 4 months down the line.
This....is the reason I stopped watching shows about searching for Bigfoot. I loved those as a kid.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:12 PM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Nailed it. I just dvr it and fast forward through 80% of it. They spend an hour showing you 10 minutes worth of info.
That and the narrator is so annoying, everything is a question. Wont watch til season finale, I'm sure they will have 5 hour recap.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:30 AM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
That and the narrator is so annoying, everything is a question. Wont watch til season finale, I'm sure they will have 5 hour recap.
You all are idiots and are the reason "reality TV" is a thing.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:45 PM 12-13-2017
Anyone been following this season? There are some pretty interesting things being discovered so far. Human bones at about 150 feet and pottery at 190 feet seem to be the main highlights so far. I assume they will be able to date the bones which could really add to the mystery if they are old.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 30
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up