ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:59 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Art isn’t going to stop imitating life.
And visa versa
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:11 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
Agreed. Was watching Daredevil the other night and it was very clear they were trying to draw parallels between Kingpin and Trump. Just stay the fuck out of my entertainment! If I want this shit I will watch CNN or Fox News!!!
wow, I never picked up on the Fisk is Trump analogy. Your reading into shit that ain’t there.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:14 PM 11-29-2018
I watched it all because I was doing something else while watching. It was a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons. Don’t waste your time with this season.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:09 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I watched it all because I was doing something else while watching. It was a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons. Don’t waste your time with this season.
Is this the last season of HoC?

I mean they pretty much killed off everyone that mattered on that show.

Robin Wright as POTUS doesn't make the show interesting....unless she gets naked.
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 11:39 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
wow, I never picked up on the Fisk is Trump analogy. Your reading into shit that ain’t there.
ummmm - try again:

“I know that most of you find this difficult to accept. That’s only because you’ve been manipulated, poisoned into believing the news media’s fake story that I am evil, that I am a criminal. Quite the opposite is true. Because I challenge the system, because I’ve told the truth and tried to make this city a better place, the people in power decided to tear me down. To tear me down with false allegations. They sent someone to frame me. Daredevil. The killer who’s now showing his true colors, who has tried to murder people in newspaper offices and churches, attacking our sacred institutions. Believe me. Daredevil is our true public enemy.”
[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:37 PM 12-03-2018
Did anyone pick up on “the Underwoods are the Clinton’s?”
[Reply]
007 04:13 AM 12-04-2018
You won't like the end of the final episode.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:39 PM 12-07-2018
First season was pretty good, IMO. The second season lost us in the first episode where Frank pushes the reporter in front of the subway train. Just totally unrealistic that the Clintons would do anything like that themselves.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:29 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
First season was pretty good, IMO. The second season lost us in the first episode where Frank pushes the reporter in front of the subway train. Just totally unrealistic that the Clintons would do anything like that themselves.

:-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:57 PM 12-08-2018
:-)Oh, did I say Clintons? I meant Underwoods...
[Reply]
jimidollar 09:52 AM 12-09-2018
Really enjoyed this series with Spacey. I thought about skipping the final season without him. I decided to watch it and I actually thought it was decent until the final episode. Most TV series don't know how to end well. HOC was no exception.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Up