ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:20 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Shogun:
I marathoned season 3 yesterday and I really really liked it. Its catching a ton of shit most other places just because Frank doesnt suceed quite like he did in season 1 and 2. People are failing to understand that once he reached POTUS, he was faced with some insurmountable challenges. He wasnt elected, probably his biggest challenge. Tons of bi partisanship and people at his throat. Its now no longer him being able to outwit everybody to get what he wants, he actually has to fight and claw for everything that happens, and it isnt happening quite as often as previous seasons, and that is okay. I mean house of cards is the name of the show and they have to show his downfall eventually.

I agree with you BRC, Doug deserves some sort of award, his acting is phenominal. A lot of people really didnt enjoy his arc this season and I have to think it is because they never appreciated Doug in the first place. IMO he is the 2nd most important character in the entire series, and at times he is a better actor than Spacey.

My issue is not with Frank struggling to come out on top more as it is the lack of focused agenda like you had in the first two seasons. And that is not an admonishment of the writing. To the contrary, they did exactly what they should have done with the story. As you say he was not elected. He did not run on any specific agendas. The first two seasons you had the specific agenda of revenge and taking he White House. There was no plan beyond just getting there. So the story is proceeding exactly as it should, with him flailing around trying to figure out what to do next. It is on point and it is superbly done. I just do not find it quite as satisfactory as the specific mission story line.
[Reply]
007 10:34 AM 03-02-2015
I was expecting fireworks in the first ep based on some comments here. Kind of feel let down now.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:15 AM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
I was expecting fireworks in the first ep based on some comments here. Kind of feel let down now.
That's why you don't open the thread until you have seen all 13 episodes. :-)
[Reply]
007 12:07 PM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
That's why you don't open the thread until you have seen all 13 episodes. :-)
well that could be a month.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:15 PM 03-02-2015
well that could be a month.
I go a year at a time between looking at the Justified thread due to being a season behind.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:45 PM 03-02-2015
Watched the whole season

It was ok, nothing very exciting. Shitty ending
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:17 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Watched the whole season

It was ok, nothing very exciting. Shitty ending
Can't disagree.

Spoiler!

That kind of storyline would have a lot more organic reasons for conflict than the
Spoiler!
[Reply]
Hootie 12:42 AM 03-03-2015
yeah, I binge watched it

out of the 3 seasons?

easily my least favorite

I enjoyed it, but I also binge watched 1 and 2 together so maybe I'm just left a bit unsatisfied.
[Reply]
007 03:14 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
yeah, I binge watched it

out of the 3 seasons?

easily my least favorite

I enjoyed it, but I also binge watched 1 and 2 together so maybe I'm just left a bit unsatisfied.
Episode one left me very bored and unsatisfied. Should I even bother with the rest of the season?
[Reply]
Chromatic 03:20 AM 03-03-2015
Season 3 was way inferior to the first 2. A lot of plots went nowhere and petered out for another plot. It was directionless and scatterbrained.

Hope the 4th season is the last because there's really not a lot left they can do with these characters.
[Reply]
Hootie 01:11 PM 03-03-2015
Episode one left me very bored and unsatisfied. Should I even bother with the rest of the season?
Depends. I don't know a thing about politics but I enjoy the show. Compared to the first two seasons, though, C at best
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:25 PM 03-03-2015
Just finished watching season 3. Probably won't watch season 4.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shogun 11:28 PM 03-03-2015
Is Claire a beard?
[Reply]
Hootie 01:41 PM 03-04-2015
Oh I'll watch season 4. Hell, I finished Dexter for god's sake.
[Reply]
eDave 07:08 PM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Just finished watching season 3. Probably won't watch season 4.

Spoiler!
I just finished and these are my EXACT thoughts.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up