ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
007 04:49 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
what an awkward 3 way.
And this is episode 10?
[Reply]
007 05:27 PM 02-20-2014
It wasn't episode 10 you dumbasses it was 11. Man learn how to count guys. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 PM 02-20-2014
Holy shit! Actress who plays Claire played Jenny in Forrest Gump.

Mind blown.
[Reply]
Silock 10:58 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Mind blown.
Seriously? She was also Buttercup in The Princess Bride.

How have you never heard of Robin Wright?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:23 AM 02-21-2014
So hows this stack up with breaking bad on a scale to 1 to 10? Someone the other day told me they thought this was just as good if not better
[Reply]
Silock 12:26 AM 02-21-2014
9. BB is still better.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:29 AM 02-21-2014

Mind blown.
wait, WHAT
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 12:58 AM 02-21-2014
This show is fucking brilliant. As much as I enjoy being able to marathon the shit out of it, I hate having to wait a year for the new season to come out. I felt the same way last year. In fact, I'd say this season was even better and I find myself almost depressed a little that it will be 12 more months before I get to see it pick back up.

Episode 11 was the spoiler, and while they alluded to Frank's fancy pants past, no, I had no clue that one was coming down the pipes. Pun intended.

The final couple of episodes were just exhilarating as far as television goes. Lots of emotional ups and downs as you waited to see how things would play out. I tried watching the first episode of the original and was bored to death. Fincher and Spacey are absolutely making this show what it is. The acting is just superb by most of the major players.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:01 PM 02-21-2014
Just finished the season. Spacey's accent and some of Underwood's preposterous asides are distracting at times, but this is a consistently entertaining and engaging show. Some of it is predictable, but only because it's a kind of mystery. Good ones always give you enough to play ahead. However, it still has achieved the feeling that (almost) anything can happen and (almost) no one is safe. Those are my favorite shows to watch.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:49 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
This show is fucking brilliant. As much as I enjoy being able to marathon the shit out of it, I hate having to wait a year for the new season to come out. I felt the same way last year. In fact, I'd say this season was even better and I find myself almost depressed a little that it will be 12 more months before I get to see it pick back up.

Episode 11 was the spoiler, and while they alluded to Frank's fancy pants past, no, I had no clue that one was coming down the pipes. Pun intended.

The final couple of episodes were just exhilarating as far as television goes. Lots of emotional ups and downs as you waited to see how things would play out. I tried watching the first episode of the original and was bored to death. Fincher and Spacey are absolutely making this show what it is. The acting is just superb by most of the major players.
While I LOVE having access to all of it at once, there is something to be said for having to wait for episodes.

For example, I'm having a ton of fun reading about, discussing, and analyzing every tiny bit of "True Detective". And that keeps the "buzz" on the show high for a longer period of time.

With this "all at once" format, nobody knows where anyone else is. You can't talk about it much, for fear of spoilers. Sure, you can talk after you know they've seen it all, but it's just not the same.
[Reply]
heapshake 02:28 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So hows this stack up with breaking bad on a scale to 1 to 10? Someone the other day told me they thought this was just as good if not better
It is nowhere close to being as good as Breaking Bad. Frank is a cartoon character and everyone else is portrayed as a buffoon. House of Cards is fun, but it's nowhere close to being the best show on TV (so to speak). I'd give it a 6.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:02 PM 02-22-2014

Mind blown.
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:12 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by heapshake:
It is nowhere close to being as good as Breaking Bad. Frank is a cartoon character and everyone else is portrayed as a buffoon. House of Cards is fun, but it's nowhere close to being the best show on TV (so to speak). I'd give it a 6.
This is a little harsh, but I agree, it pales in comparison to Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:10 AM 02-23-2014
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
This is a little harsh, but I agree, it pales in comparison to Breaking Bad.
6 is a lowball, but stacking it against say, True Detective, now as they are "concurrent" doesn't have the same level of satisfaction. Either way, it's good, and no way a waste of time watching it.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:13 PM 02-23-2014
I may have missed it from earlier but what was the significance of the final shot?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up