ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 171
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:06 PM 12-24-2018
Just finished Perfume on Netflix. It’s got that Euro brutality, elegance combo going. I thought it was great from start to finish (only 6 episodes). True Detective-ish. Highly recommended.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:04 AM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Just finished Perfume on Netflix. It’s got that Euro brutality, elegance combo going. I thought it was great from start to finish (only 6 episodes). True Detective-ish. Highly recommended.
Really? I’ll have to look into that. I thought the previews looked awful
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:17 AM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Really? I’ll have to look into that. I thought the previews looked awful
The first episode is a little slow but each episode gets more disturbing. It’s a unique story (though I’m not familiar with the original) for a who done it, with a cinema score and layered storylines. It has some tough to watch moments though which could turn people off.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:42 AM 12-25-2018
Has Travelers been discussed? I really like that show
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:15 AM 12-25-2018
Has anyone made it through Patriot? I've started it 3-4 times now and it still hasn't grabbed me. I've only made 2 1/2 episodes, and am wondering when/if the genius hits. I've heard people rave about it and am willing to be patient if there's a point when it starts coming together. I've had stuff I loved that started slow before. But I'd hate to spend 2 whole seasons with the same level of engagement I have thus far.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:21 PM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Has Travelers been discussed? I really like that show
Welcome to the 21st century
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:28 AM 12-31-2018
Showtime series premiere free on youtube

Black Monday

[Reply]
RN47 01:08 PM 12-31-2018
If this is a re-post I apologize.

'An Innocent Man' on Netflix based on the only non-fiction book written by John Grisham. I was sick over the weekend and checked it out-- it's worth your time in my opinion. Small town 'justice' gone way, way wrong.

Since I am a noob, I cannot attach a link. Sorry.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:21 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by RN47:

'An Innocent Man' on Netflix based on the only non-fiction book written by John Grisham. I was sick over the weekend and checked it out-- it's worth your time in my opinion. Small town 'justice' gone way, way wrong.

I watched it over the past week as well. Not quite on Making A Murderer's level, but still a crazy story.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:24 AM 01-01-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:

You do know that one of the characters lives in KC. His name is Dennis Fritz and he wrote a book called "Journey to Justice". Fritz actively promoted both Grisham's book and Project Innocence and is pictured below with Grisham.

Along with writing and promoting his own book the relationship with Grisham ended, he was challenged by substance abuse issues and now spends much of his time touring the religious circuit. Along with hocking his book, he discusses his relationship with God and shares his experiences with the justice system.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:48 AM 01-09-2019
Splitting Up Together is a generic sitcommy networky network sitcom, but it's got a lot of talent behind it. But this isn't so much about the show as a whole, but last night Jenna Fisher gave an all-time cinematic sink and swoon moment when she got hot and bothered by her ex. Totally family-friendly fare, but so hawt nonetheless.

Didn't hurt that it was Jenna
Didn't hurt that Jenna used to be 'Pam'
Didn't hurt she was doing that hip mom wearing overalls thing.
Attached: Pam.jpg (41.3 KB) 
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:25 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If you love dogs, watch Netflixs "dogs" series.
If you don't love dogs... **** you.

I usually hate shows and movies about dogs. Cheesy and overly sentimental. The few in this Netflix series I've seen so far are not cheesy at all... No other word to use but beautiful. Just finished "Ice on the water" and it brought a huge smile to my face.
Totally agree with you on this. It was beautifully done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 01-10-2019
You're the Worst started back up again last night; season premier for the final season.

Funny, light episode (in a series that had far too few of those over the last couple of years). It's gonna be interesting to see where they go with it because Falk and others simply don't seem to have a happy ending in mind for Gretchen and Jimmy...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:59 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're the Worst started back up again last night; season premier for the final season.

Funny, light episode (in a series that had far too few of those over the last couple of years). It's gonna be interesting to see where they go with it because Falk and others simply don't seem to have a happy ending in mind for Gretchen and Jimmy...
Disorienting start. Interesting in the end, but not sure what to think of it [ie, that particular episode] yet.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:51 PM 01-10-2019
Frontier with Jason Momoa is badass
[Reply]
Page 51 of 171
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up