ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:16 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Bullshit. That organization is a disaster. No good candidate should even think about that job.
A head coaching job is a head coaching job. There's only 32 available and he sure isn't getting ours. If he talks Watson into staying ( the only way he gets the job) then he gets to work with the 2nd or 3rd best young QB in the league.

Who would you take over him besides #15 and maybe Josh Allen that's under 26? Not Herbert-he needs to prove it another yr (same can be said about Allen really) Not Kyler. Not Lamar. Not Baker. We don't know what the rookies will look like.

The Texans are capped out and w/o picks but if you got Watson to buy in, that's a great starting point. This is all based on the ****ery from the ownership and Easterby stops btw
[Reply]
staylor26 05:20 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Have you not been paying attention to what's been going on there?
I think we’re all operating under the assumption that if Bieniemy takes the job Watson will be happy and no longer asking for a trade.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:38 PM 01-18-2021
As long as McNair is the owner the Texans are screwed. Tommy Boy won’t fire his boi Easterby.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:43 PM 01-18-2021
I can’t recall a previous NFL team publicly confirming who they have interviewed for their HC vacancy... talk about unprofessional.

The Houston Texans have completed interviews with Matt Eberflus, Leslie Frazier, David Culley and Eric Bieniemy for the position of Head Coach.

— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) January 19, 2021

[Reply]
wazu 03:42 PM 01-22-2021
WTF moment of the day from the Texans...

The Houston Texans have continued discussions about the vacant Head Coach position with Jim Caldwell and Josh McCown.

— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) January 22, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:36 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
A head coaching job is a head coaching job. There's only 32 available and he sure isn't getting ours. If he talks Watson into staying ( the only way he gets the job) then he gets to work with the 2nd or 3rd best young QB in the league.

Who would you take over him besides #15 and maybe Josh Allen that's under 26? Not Herbert-he needs to prove it another yr (same can be said about Allen really) Not Kyler. Not Lamar. Not Baker. We don't know what the rookies will look like.

The Texans are capped out and w/o picks but if you got Watson to buy in, that's a great starting point. This is all based on the ****ery from the ownership and Easterby stops btw
Absolutely wrong unless you're willing to sell every last ounce of integrity and dignity you have left for a HC job.

Hopefully EB has more self respect than that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:36 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

Josh McClown?? Wtf???
[Reply]
wazu 04:48 PM 01-22-2021
McCown is a current back-up on the Texans squad. My working theory is that he has given Watson some good advice here and there and so Watson told ownership to make him the coach.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:51 PM 01-22-2021

Doesn't necessarily mean that they won't continue with EB. EB is busy.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:56 PM 01-22-2021
McCown is actually under contract to the Texans next year. This has to be a first for an active NFL player to get a head coaching interview
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:58 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Doesn't necessarily mean that they won't continue with EB. EB is busy.
Matt Eberflus is currently the front runner according to some reports.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:59 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
McCown is actually under contract to the Texans next year. This has to be a first for an active NFL player to get a head coaching interview
I know this is just due to crappy tape quality (lol... the fact that it's even a tape) but it's a good illustration of how fucking old Josh McCown is as a player.

And Brady is even fucking older.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:08 PM 01-22-2021
McCown is a current back-up on the Texans squad. My working theory is that he has given Watson some good advice here and there and so Watson told ownership to make him the coach.
I don't buy that considering McCown is Easterby’s golden boy. And Watson seems to despise Easterby. What might littlefinger have up his sleeve. I wonder if it's Easterby’s way of hiring his own stooge to keep himself in power and grow his power. But unlike other stooges he thinks he can sell this to Deshaun because they know each other. He's probably very wrong. But all he has to do is convince his puppet McNair.

I'd bet way more on this being Easterby’s power play than having anything to do with Watson, who can't possibly be stupid enough to suggest this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:12 PM 01-22-2021
Just connecting some dots. All this talk about spying on players and staff, massive mistrust... Seem eerily similar to the Pioli fiasco in kc. We didn't hear about this with Pioli Dimitroff in atl. We haven't heard this extreme level of toxic culture in the many patriot way experiments. Is it possible Easterby was the brainchild behind a lot of the kc cultural mess? Pretty interesting that the only 2 teams other than the Pats he's worked with burned to the ground in almost the same way.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:12 PM 01-22-2021
Josh McCown over EB? :-)
[Reply]
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Up