ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:57 AM 01-13-2021
Can't say I blame Watson.

Though I would have bolted as soon as O'Brien traded Hopkins.

Pretty soon the Texans are gonna be like the Jets/Lions/Jags. In fact I wouldn't blame any player for wanting to get out of a shitty situation like being on either one of those franchises.

You only play in the NFL for so long...
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01-13-2021, 08:58 AM
This message has been deleted by CoMoChief.
RedinTexas 09:01 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Dont think this is true...EB has had multiple interviews with multiple teams up to this point.
I admit that I don't know for sure, but they said on PFT that the window to conduct these interviews is closed and that teams will now have to wait until the season is over for the coaches' team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I admit that I don't know for sure, but they said on PFT that the window to conduct these interviews is closed and that teams will now have to wait until the season is over for the coaches' team.
They can't interview a coaching that is actively preparing for a game.

They would have to interview him during the bye week, which ended Sunday.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:06 AM 01-13-2021
And now, the Texans want to interview Bienemy. Holy crap. Earlier in the thread I said they were a dumpster fire. I was wrong. They're three orders of magnitude beyond that.
If I were EB I would not take that job unless I had no other offers. That team is a dumpster fire and the only light they have is a disgruntled Watson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If I were EB I would not take that job unless I had no other offers. That team is a dumpster fire and the only light they have is a disgruntled Watson.
Even if he had zero other offers, why would he take the Texans job? It's setup for failure.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:14 AM 01-13-2021
And now, the Texans want to interview Bienemy. Holy crap. Earlier in the thread I said they were a dumpster fire. I was wrong. They're three orders of magnitude beyond that.
They don't really want to. They just caught with their pants down and are trying to save face.
[Reply]
wazu 09:22 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even if he had zero other offers, why would he take the Texans job? It's setup for failure.
Eh...teams looking for new coaches aren't typically in great position. At least here you've got the best QB in the division. New GM could be good, we don't know. Gotta take the opportunity when you get it. Turn the situation around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:29 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Eh...teams looking for new coaches aren't typically in great position. At least here you've got the best QB in the division. New GM could be good, we don't know. Gotta take the opportunity when you get it. Turn the situation around.
Seriously?

The team is run by a self-styled "man of God" that lied about his qualifications to get a job in the NFL.

The team is own by a man that paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a search firm to compile a list of possible GM candidates, then wiped his ass with the list and flushed it, along with the hundreds of thousands of dollars, down the toilet by hiring somebody that wasn't on the list.

The GM is a Patriot Way cast-off who hasn't proven he can run a team without Bill, just like the rest of them. Just like the guy he JUST FIRED.

Finally, the best QB in the division is hinting at holding out or demanding a trade because he's so mad about the above 3.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:31 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
I hope EB tells them to take a hike
:-)

This whole fiasco is fun!

If I'm EB, and I want to dick over an AFC competitor and make it worse, I take the interview, sandbag so I for sure don't get an offer. Then hit up Watson telling him the interview went well and he can't wait to work with him.

And spin the tilt-o-whirl another round LOL
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:31 AM 01-13-2021
That job in incredibly toxic now. Seems like every high profile Texans player past and present showed some type of support for Andre Johnson's tweet ripping into Easterby. The fact he just got McNair to hire his hand picked GM while ignoring the advice of the search committee and pissing off the franchise player in the process speaks volumes. You're essentially going to be a lame duck coach until the current organization finally fractures.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:32 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They don't really want to. They just caught with their pants down and are trying to save face.
I agree. They're just going through the motions to satisfy Watson. If I were Watson I would change my demands. I would demand that EB be hired and given a 5 year guaranteed contract.
[Reply]
wazu 09:36 AM 01-13-2021
Seriously?

The team is run by a self-styled man of God that lied about his qualifications to get a job in the NFL.

The team is own by a man that paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a search firm to compile a list of possible GM candidates, then wiped his ass with the list and flushed it, along with the hundreds of thousands of dollars down the toilet by hiring somebody that wasn't on the list.

The GM is a Patriot Way cast-off who hasn't proven he can run a team without Bill, just like the rest of them.

Finally, the best QB in the division is hinting at holding out because he's so mad about the above 3.
The only thing relevant that I'd follow up on before taking the job would be the last point. It sounded like Watson was wanting EB, so if that's who they hired my guess is he could smooth that over. I'm not thrilled with their GM choice but I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion he will fail simply because he has worked for the Patriots. If you get one offer, and it's from Houston, you take the job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That job in incredibly toxic now. Seems like every high profile Texans player past and present showed some type of support for Andre Johnson's tweet ripping into Easterby. The fact he just got McNair to hire his hand picked GM while ignoring the advice of the search committee and pissing off the franchise player in the process speaks volumes. You're essentially going to be a lame duck coach until the current organization finally fractures.
Exactly.

Several of the bad teams in the NFL suffer from ineptitude.

Only the Texans seem to be driven by the hubris that their ineptitude is actually not ineptitude.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:39 AM 01-13-2021
Because a HC job is better than no HC job. No guarantees that he will get another opportunity. He didn't get one last year in spite of KC winning the SB and if the Texans job is the only one available then that says a lot about his prospects.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
The only thing relevant that I'd follow up on before taking the job would be the last point. It sounded like Watson was wanting EB, so if that's who they hired my guess is he could smooth that over. I'm not thrilled with their GM choice but I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion he will fail simply because he has worked for the Patriots. If you get one offer, and it's from Houston, you take the job.
He's going to fail because the entire tree is rotten, from McNair on down.

Nick Caserio isn't even in charge, Jack Easterby is. A guy who knows nothing about football except when he's comparing the crucifixion of Jesus to the greatest game ever played.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up