ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2026 of 3903
« First < 1026152619261976201620222023202420252026 202720282029203020362076212625263026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:01 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yes. Let's all throw out the past 1.5 months worth of research and just go back to what was known in the early stages of the outbreak.
I just listened to a big thing this morning on the SXM Coronavirus channel about how masks are largely psychological at this point. Most people don't wear them right and or use them right. They even cited how the media yesterday, I assume at the Trump presser, were sticking their hands inside their masks and what not.

Their point was it is not providing as much protection as you think or as it would if they were actually used properly by everyone.
[Reply]
Donger 09:01 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So unless you are directly sneezing or coughing at someone (and not covering your sneeze/cough), the homemade cloth masks are a waste of time.

They are not protecting the spread of the smaller droplets from talking, etc.
No. From your article:

Committee members point out that research suggests that COVID-19 can spread via invisible droplets as small as 5 microns and by tiny bioaerosol particles as well as via visible respiratory droplets just by breathing.

Therefore, they aren't a waste of time.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:02 AM 05-13-2020
The guidance was put out there a month ago, so the only goal posts I'm seeing moved recently are places moving forward without meeting the guidelines.
Meh, we are going to agree to disagree here. I know what you're saying but again we have clearly gone from "flatten the curve" to _________. That is just the fact.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 AM 05-13-2020
Provide additional supporting research that counters this study and touts the benefit of wearing non-medical/non-/N95 masks.
It's not hard to find if you actually care to look. Here's a place to start.

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2...al-public.html
[Reply]
Donger 09:02 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well again that goes back to my first point, quit moving the goal posts. We were told we had to lock down to flatten the curve. The curve has been flattened. Now some places are coming up with new reasons. The only reason imo at the moment is "our hospitals are crammed and we don't have enough doctors, nurses and resources". That is largely not the case. So let the localities make their decisions based on their situation.
Do we really need to do this again?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:03 AM 05-13-2020
Meh, we are going to agree to disagree here. I know what you're saying but again we have clearly gone from "flatten the curve" to _________. That is just the fact.
Are you saying the guidelines don't matter anymore?
[Reply]
Monticore 09:03 AM 05-13-2020
I just listened to a big thing this morning on the SXM Coronavirus channel about how masks are largely psychological at this point. Most people don't wear them right and or use them right. They even cited how the media yesterday, I assume at the Trump presser, were sticking their hands inside their masks and what not.

Their point was it is not providing as much protection as you think or as it would if they were actually used properly by everyone.
they can reduce the viral shedding into the environment which reduces the risk of exposure for all even ones without a mask.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:05 AM 05-13-2020
Vitamin D study WRT to C-19 severity.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:06 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Vitamin D study WRT to C-19 severity.
More evidence that people need to get outside more.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:07 AM 05-13-2020
It's not hard to find if you actually care to look. Here's a place to start.

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2...al-public.html
Do you even bother reading what you post?

Originally Posted by :
Areas where further investigation is needed

Mask efficacy depends on material, fit, and other factors

[Reply]
Donger 09:09 AM 05-13-2020
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

I know these guys are doctors and stuff, but I'm going with 88 and masks don't do jack shit.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:09 AM 05-13-2020
You are truly an expert at ignoring the things you don't agree with.
[Reply]
Donger 09:10 AM 05-13-2020
Is that news to you? You seem to understand that N95s are much better than cloth masks.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:14 AM 05-13-2020
I've learned quite a bit reading this thread. I've added absolutely nothing to it but reading and learning. So, thanks to everyone who has contributed useful info. However, I hate the fact that we have taken a world-wide health crisis and weaponized it to the point that we can't discuss this issue without beating each other up. Christ, folks, we are all trying to get through this thing, and we are naturally jaded by our POV. It'd be cool if this thread just stuck with the facts and stopped with "everything else" that adds absolutely nothing.

Unrealistic, I know, but my $0.02 .........
[Reply]
DaFace 09:17 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I've learned quite a bit reading this thread. I've added absolutely nothing to it but reading and learning. So, thanks to everyone who has contributed useful info. However, I hate the fact that we have taken a world-wide health crisis and weaponized it to the point that we can't discuss this issue without beating each other up. Christ, folks, we are all trying to get through this thing, and we are naturally jaded by our POV. It'd be cool if this thread just stuck with the facts and stopped with "everything else" that adds absolutely nothing.

Unrealistic, I know, but my $0.02 .........
We now live in a world where people will debate what the "facts" are. It makes it difficult to have a reasonable conversation when there's not a common foundation of what sources of knowledge are allowed.
[Reply]
Page 2026 of 3903
« First < 1026152619261976201620222023202420252026 202720282029203020362076212625263026 > Last »
Up